ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR New English Requirement 2013

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rahim_dad

ILR New English Requirement 2013

Post by rahim_dad » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:29 pm

Hello,
I got tier 1 general visa in 2009. At the that time I proved & submitted that my degree (from abroad) was taught in English and in 2012 got extension on the basis of the same degree. The institution I got my degree from shows up on the UK NARIC list. Now my ILR application is due in Jan 14 and obviously the rules have slightly changed. Do i need to obtain a fresh English qualification like the B1 or IELTS to meet english proficiency under new ILR rules or can I still get it on the basis of my degree?

I did contact the UKBA but they gave me a rather confusing answer so would like to get a clear definitive answer from someone here. Apologies if the answer is already posted on here. If that's the case please send me a link to it.

Thank you

mycanal1

Re: ILR New English Requirement 2013

Post by mycanal1 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:42 pm

rahim_dad wrote:Hello,
I got tier 1 general visa in 2009. At the that time I proved & submitted that my degree (from abroad) was taught in English and in 2012 got extension on the basis of the same degree. The institution I got my degree from shows up on the UK NARIC list. Now my ILR application is due in Jan 14 and obviously the rules have slightly changed. Do i need to obtain a fresh English qualification like the B1 or IELTS to meet english proficiency under new ILR rules or can I still get it on the basis of my degree?

I did contact the UKBA but they gave me a rather confusing answer so would like to get a clear definitive answer from someone here. Apologies if the answer is already posted on here. If that's the case please send me a link to it.

Thank you
I am quite sure, but read on this forum that now one must get a letter from Naric to say that the medium of instruction/research was English. home office will not accept letter from university but Naric will need the same letter inorder to issue english letter for ukba. but please do rely on my information alone.

rahim_dad

Post by rahim_dad » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:02 pm

Thank mycanal1.

Can I please get a confirmation or a comment from one of the GURU's?

I find it a bit hard to comprehend that a letter is now required as uptill now proof of having my institution on the UK NARIC list was sufficient

s_saini
India

Post by s_saini » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:10 pm