ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

October 2013 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Post by Loveislovely » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:28 pm

kkhan wrote:Hurray>>>>>>

Eligibility criteria: 5 years HSMP + 1 Year ILR
Method of application: NCS Newcastle
Date of application: 07.10.2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 08.10.13

Date of debit of fees: 21.10.13

Date of acknowledgement : 23.10.13
Date of approval: 20.11.13 - letter received on 27.11.13
Date of Ceremony: 29.11.13 :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Congrats, enjoy.

Good luck to all waiting and keep the good work..

cheers
khan
All for one, one for all..... Peace

naijaman
Newly Registered

Post by naijaman » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:14 pm

Some of us are fond of building complications into simple matters. Reason why most of our applications are delayed. My approval was dated Sunday 24/11; So? Not a problem after all I got what I needed. Would not have bothered even if the letter has no date as long as approval is given.

Let's keep our eyes on the ball and stop focussing on frivolities.

renu

Post by renu » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:18 pm

jotter wrote:
renu wrote:Glad to see some approvals have been sent out.I have emailed HO twice ( last week and yesterday) regarding my application,still no decision has been taken yet...HO received my application on the 09 Oct....I am being patient....any one else waiting for approval who applied same date as mine...?
List of apps from these forums that seem to have reached the UKBA on Oct 9th. Unless indicated, all still awaiting approval as far as we know:
abhijeetv
woolf
renu
jinish09
kerbey
agix
setmform
Tuvoc (approved Nov 16th)
lad2777
Thanks to put the list of name who are waiting like me.I am relieved now to know that I am not the only one waiting for my approval...for those who received their approvals: it must be annoying if when emailing HO and they keep saying no decision taken yet when approvals are issued. Hoping I will hear some good news soon...

legendz
Newly Registered

Re: October 2013 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by legendz » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:25 pm

[quote="legendz"]Eligibility criteria: 5 years WP + 1 year ILR
Method of application: self
Date of application: 21/10/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 22/10/2013 (special delivery)
Date of acknowledgement : 27/11/2013 (dated 25/11)
Date of debit of fees: 25/11/2013
Date of approval: TBA
Date of Ceremony:TBA

I did the application myself for my husband and I and our two children. The fees have now finally been taken, 5 weeks later![/quote]

Bhiku
Newly Registered

Post by Bhiku » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:01 pm

Bhiku wrote:Hi,

I emailed Nationality helpdesk today and their update was as below;

''Thank you for your email.

I have checked our records and can confirm the decision has been made on these applications, the decision letter and any supporting documents should be with you shortly.

If you do not receive the decision within the next two weeks please contact us again.

I am unable to disclose the decision.

Kind Regards''

I applied on 02/10, fees debited on 16/10 and now keeping an eye on the brown envelope.

8)
It is 27th Nov and I still haven't received the approval letter although was told on another email that the letter was sent out on 19th Nov. I emailed them back and was advised that they have requested another letter to be sent out. That is unnecessary delay, the Home Office postal service is pathetic, they charge a lot in visa fees and still can't send the letter by 1st class post.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:09 pm

I would suggest that as a protest, immigrants should stop making any immigration or nationality applications to HO. Lets deprive them of all the revenue and they will go bankrupt.

lendosing
Newly Registered

Post by lendosing » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:34 pm

What a huge amount of stress it all causes!
Just wanted to check about brown envelopes from HO - I've sent a self-addressed next day delivery envelope to them with my application. Does it mean they'll send my approval in it or only my docs? Just not sure whether to expect Brown envelope first?
Cheers

Londonabc
Newly Registered

Post by Londonabc » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:55 pm

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: MN1 section 1(3)
Method of application: NCS Richmond
Date of Application: 18/10/13
Date of receipt by UKBA: 22/10/2013
Date of Debit Fees: 23/11/2013
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 26/10/2013 (dated 23/10/2013)
Date of receipt of approval: anxiously waiting!
Date of receipt of registration certificate: anxiously waiting!

lad2777

Post by lad2777 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:09 pm

still waiting

I got a post tracking number as decision will be sent in this envelope, so I keep on checking and letter has not been sent yet

it looks like those that got married to BC, are getting it in 2 , 3 weeks time as HO has to give it to them anyway, so they check it right away and make decision

thirdlioness
Newly Registered

Post by thirdlioness » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:50 pm

kkhan wrote: Eligibility criteria: 5 years HSMP + 1 Year ILR
Method of application: NCS Newcastle
Date of application: 07.10.2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 08.10.13
Date of debit of fees: 21.10.13
Date of acknowledgement : 23.10.13
Date of approval: 20.11.13 - letter received on 27.11.13
Date of Ceremony: 29.11.13
khan
Hello kkhan,
Many congratulations on getting this golden letter we are waiting for.
Just a quick question. I see your ceremony is 2 days after you have received your approval letter.

Was it your choice to choose as early as possible as it was available in the council?

Do applicants have a choice of choosing the date?

Or the date is already decided on the approval letter?

I read in the forum that there is a 2 week window period from receiving the letter to booking the ceremony. The reason I ask is, I am travelling for work reasons within the country. I am afraid I might get my approval letter with the ceremony date already decided and I might miss the ceremony.

You would put me at ease if you share your experience.

If approved October applicants who USED NCS can clarify my doubts it would be helpful.

Many thanks again

asadkhan71

Post by asadkhan71 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:53 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:I would suggest that as a protest, immigrants should stop making any immigration or nationality applications to HO. Lets deprive them of all the revenue and they will go bankrupt.
If some semblance of situational feelings prevails here in this forum, I would request moderators to stop this man's posts. He is ridiculing the others and their understandable feelings and frustrations. Presumeabley his application is sorted and now he has nothing to do except passing obnoxious remarks, his absurd behaviour needs to be addressed.
I am sorry to write all this, but he has made me to express my feelings. People come here to get some information and sort of solace, instead arrogant people like him frustrate them more.

freedom34

Post by freedom34 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:40 pm

asadkhan71 wrote:
Ayyubi72 wrote:I would suggest that as a protest, immigrants should stop making any immigration or nationality applications to HO. Lets deprive them of all the revenue and they will go bankrupt.
If some semblance of situational feelings prevails here in this forum, I would request moderators to stop this man's posts. He is ridiculing the others and their understandable feelings and frustrations. Presumeabley his application is sorted and now he has nothing to do except passing obnoxious remarks, his absurd behaviour needs to be addressed.
I am sorry to write all this, but he has made me to express my feelings. People come here to get some information and sort of solace, instead arrogant people like him frustrate them more.
I agree with you, because he had his approval letter a few days ago, so he does not care about other people!

ELKA

Post by ELKA » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:49 am

lendosing wrote:What a huge amount of stress it all causes!
Just wanted to check about brown envelopes from HO - I've sent a self-addressed next day delivery envelope to them with my application. Does it mean they'll send my approval in it or only my docs? Just not sure whether to expect Brown envelope first?
Cheers
I send self addressed too and approval together with documents were back in it.

kkhan

Post by kkhan » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:10 am

hi thirdlioness

I just called my council and they gave me the option of public or private ceremony,,,

so I booked private with £50 fee as the public one was in mid of january next year.

so i think its your choice and should be booked within couple of months.

cheers
khan

zigleon
Newly Registered

Post by zigleon » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:22 am

kkhan wrote:hi thirdlioness

I just called my council and they gave me the option of public or private ceremony,,,

so I booked private with £50 fee as the public one was in mid of january next year.

so i think its your choice and should be booked within couple of months.

cheers
khan
Also just called my local council and was given the date of the next available ceremony or the option to have a private one at £78.00.

thirdlioness
Newly Registered

Post by thirdlioness » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:31 am

zigleon wrote:
kkhan wrote:hi thirdlioness I just called my council and they gave me the option of public or private ceremony, so I booked private with £50 fee as the public one was in mid of january next year. so i think its your choice and should be booked within couple of months.
cheers
khan
Also just called my local council and was given the date of the next available ceremony or the option to have a private one at £78.00.
Thank you kkhan and zigleon. Hope you have a lovely ceremony to celebrate the end of this journey. Best wishes.

sweet sweet sweety
Newly Registered

Post by sweet sweet sweety » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:10 am

Real34 wrote:
amoursamara wrote:hi, i'm new in this forum and i've reading what most people posted in this section , and let me tell you i feel so relieved to know that im not the only one who didnt get any letter neither the fees been debited.
i applied on the 22th of october
received on the 23th
and since then i didnt hear anything
I applied with the exact dates as you and still waiting very depressing
Hi Real34 and amoursamara...
I appilied on same date as u both. and no fees taken out yet... i think the last payment was taken for 22 oct on 25 nov... and after that all application stopped i think bcoz of high volume of application made and blocked of work in HO.
hope they will start our application process in this week.

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:19 am

Bhiku wrote:
Bhiku wrote:Hi,

I emailed Nationality helpdesk today and their update was as below;

''Thank you for your email.

I have checked our records and can confirm the decision has been made on these applications, the decision letter and any supporting documents should be with you shortly.

If you do not receive the decision within the next two weeks please contact us again.

I am unable to disclose the decision.

Kind Regards''

I applied on 02/10, fees debited on 16/10 and now keeping an eye on the brown envelope.

8)
It is 27th Nov and I still haven't received the approval letter although was told on another email that the letter was sent out on 19th Nov. I emailed them back and was advised that they have requested another letter to be sent out. That is unnecessary delay, the Home Office postal service is pathetic, they charge a lot in visa fees and still can't send the letter by 1st class post.
Bhiku Be patient it will get there sometimes it can take as much as 10 days. Also they use second class post if you applied through NCS.

All the best to all October applications that are still waiting . One tip don't be stressed out as it isn’t worth it. I did the ceremony recently and it's only then I realise how much unnecessary stress and worrying most of us go through when we are close to the line. If you meet the requirements then it's a patience game. NO ONE on the forum can predict what order or how HO approves applications. They don’t use FIFO (first in first out queuing) probably uses (CBWFQ with some LLQ – one for the IT chaps)......So try to enjoy the journey don’t be so stressed out that you can't enjoy the arrival..... hopefully, the end is near!
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

Tuvoc

Post by Tuvoc » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:24 am

renu wrote:
jotter wrote:
renu wrote:Glad to see some approvals have been sent out.I have emailed HO twice ( last week and yesterday) regarding my application,still no decision has been taken yet...HO received my application on the 09 Oct....I am being patient....any one else waiting for approval who applied same date as mine...?
List of apps from these forums that seem to have reached the UKBA on Oct 9th. Unless indicated, all still awaiting approval as far as we know:
abhijeetv
woolf
renu
jinish09
kerbey
agix
setmform
Tuvoc (approved Nov 16th)
lad2777
Thanks to put the list of name who are waiting like me.I am relieved now to know that I am not the only one waiting for my approval...for those who received their approvals: it must be annoying if when emailing HO and they keep saying no decision taken yet when approvals are issued. Hoping I will hear some good news soon...
Citizen ceremony this morning, all done ! Thanks to this great forum and everyone here for their assistance.

tlogic
Newly Registered

Post by tlogic » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:19 pm

Hi

I received my approval letter today dated 27th november, together with my travel documents. Im over the moon. Made the application on the 14th of October 2013.
Good luck to everyone who still waiting :D

zubair_hr

Re: UPDATE !!!

Post by zubair_hr » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:41 pm

UKnow wrote:
ranchers wrote:My wait is over. Thanks for all the help and Best of luck those are waiting. I know its a painful process but i hope you guys will get your letters soon.

Eligibility criteria: 5 years HSMP + 1 Year ILR
Method of application: NCS Rutherglen - Glasgow
Date of application: 03.10.2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 22.10.13

Payment authorised : 17.10.13 - 11.oo Am

Date of debit of fees: 17.10.13

Date of acknowledgement : 22.10.13
Date of approval: 20.11.13 - letter received on 25.11.13
Date of Ceremony: 11.12.13
Congrats ranshers. I applied on the 2nd of October. fingers crossed mine is on the way..
I think you made a mistake in the date of receipt by UKBA, it is after you date of debit of fee :)

All the best with the ceremonny
Hi Do you have to book date for Ceremony or it is already booked and annotated on the approval letter?
Zubair

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Post by Loveislovely » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:58 pm

tlogic wrote:Hi

I received my approval letter today dated 27th november, together with my travel documents. Im over the moon. Made the application on the 14th of October 2013.
Good luck to everyone who still waiting :D

Congrats,

That is the quickest, I have seen HO release documents after being approved, enjoy.

Loveislovely
All for one, one for all..... Peace

dr_me

23-25th OCt applicants

Post by dr_me » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:36 pm

Hi All,
It looks that none of the applicants from 23-25OCT had their payment taken within this week. If anyone has please share. Thanks

p2kin

Re: 23-25th OCt applicants

Post by p2kin » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:10 pm

dr_me wrote:Hi All,
It looks that none of the applicants from 23-25OCT had their payment taken within this week. If anyone has please share. Thanks
that's true, and I don't expect anything until week starting 2nd Dec either, I think most of the case workers are now working towards approvals rather than loading new cases on the system (first step is to take payment). Looks like there are really too many cases between 23-25 Oct. Looks like volume of applications is really astronomical before new rules.

maasif
Newly Registered

Re: 23-25th OCt applicants

Post by maasif » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:25 pm

p2kin wrote:
dr_me wrote:Hi All,
that's true, and I don't expect anything until week starting 2nd Dec either, I think most of the case workers are now working towards approvals rather than loading new cases on the system (first step is to take payment). Looks like there are really too many cases between 23-25 Oct. Looks like volume of applications is really astronomical before new rules.
That's true. I emailed HO yesterday 27/11 and received following reply .....

Thank you for your email.
We have been advised that any outstanding applications and payments to be processed will be completed in the next two weeks.
Unfortunately there has been a large increase in applications which has caused a bit of a delay.