ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what date of issue is on you BC certificate?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Coffee10

what date of issue is on you BC certificate?

Post by Coffee10 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:43 pm

could anyone answer please.if your application was approved on 20 November (date of the letter recvd)from HO is this the same date on your BC certificate?.thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:58 pm

no. certificate date will be the day you attend the ceremony as you are only BC once you have attended ceremony.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:12 pm

My approval letter came in an envelope with no postmark. How can I establish the date it was posted and the date it arrived at local delivery office?

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:36 pm

As advised by CR001, the date on the approval letter is irrelevant. When you attend the ceremony, the council will write that date on your certificate. And you become British Citizen on that date (not on the day you receive your approval in the post).

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:02 pm

I want to know every bit of useless info about the process. I want to know the name of the postman who delivered it. I guess I can write to post office.

Jaeger
Mood:

Post by Jaeger » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:09 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:I want to know every bit of useless info about the process. I want to know the name of the postman who delivered it. I guess I can write to post office.
I am the same! Home Office could make a video about a process of naturalisation.

From filling in an application form up to a ceremony itself.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:50 pm

Jaeger wrote:
Home Office could make a video about a process of naturalisation.

From filling in an application form up to a ceremony itself.
Yes they should. The video could be called "useless info that no one should ever need to know but here it is"

They should also start helplines and advice centres so applicants can better cope with their anxities during the process.