ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(M) Questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:26 pm

Hi , I'm still awaiting an answer to my previous question which I would be most grateful for.

Can someone please find sometime to answer the question if it's not too much trouble.

Thank You

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:52 am

Easy Tiger wrote:hi , I have been looking at booking a settlement checking service or peo appointment for the 27th November for my wife as her two year stay in the is going to be completed in December 25th 2013.

my wife has passed her esol entry 3 course in October and just early on this month finally managed to pass the life in the uk test. now im just sorting out all the documents but as u know from my previous post

I have a issue with my wifes documents while she been in the uk. as we both live with parents and they own the house and all bills and letters relating to the house are in their names. for 2012 she has some hospitals letters , nhs card , letter from council with no postal date and a few documents for 2013 and also ive just change my single back account into a joint one from 2013. I will be writing a letter from my behalf and my parents explaining reason for the lack of documents.

is it worth me booking a peo appointment to get a same day answer but then again they could asked for more documents and give a answer at a later date. would it be better to go through the settlement checking service instead.

the only peo dates im getting is for Liverpool office on the 27th November. what do type on appointment page :

I am available from day month year
I am available until day month year
(do I type her 27/11/13 - 27/11/13

I am available the following days of the week
( would the day of the week be wednesday

im sorry to have gone on & on about all this but im trying to cover all my questions.

thanks
T
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:54 am

You need to keep checking everyday and see when new appointments are added.

You can use the SCS who will prepare everything for a PEO and can contact a caseworker for any discrepancies.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:01 am

hi , I have been looking at booking a settlement checking service or peo appointment for the 27th November for my wife as her two year stay in the is going to be completed in December 25th 2013.

my wife has passed her esol entry 3 course in October and just early on this month finally managed to pass the life in the uk test. now im just sorting out all the documents but as u know from my previous post

I have a issue with my wifes documents while she been in the uk. as we both live with parents and they own the house and all bills and letters relating to the house are in their names. for 2012 she has some hospitals letters , nhs card , letter from council with no postal date and a few documents for 2013 and also ive just change my single back account into a joint one from 2013. I will be writing a letter from my behalf and my parents explaining reason for the lack of documents.

is it worth me booking a peo appointment to get a same day answer but then again they could asked for more documents and give a answer at a later date. would it be better to go through the settlement checking service instead.

the only peo dates im getting is for Liverpool office on the 27th November. what do type on appointment page :

I am available from day month year
I am available until day month year
(do I type her 27/11/13 - 27/11/13

I am available the following days of the week
( would the day of the week be wednesday

im sorry to have gone on & on about all this but im trying to cover all my questions.

thanks

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:12 am

Why are you applying for your wife ILR in February 2014 as she is eligible for ILR after 2 years so you can apply within 28 days.

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:03 pm

Hi ,my wife is not applying for her ILR febuary 2014 but in November because that's when it will be 1 month before her two year stay in the uk is complete.

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:46 pm

hi , my wife not too longer ago passed her esol entry 3 course and finaly her life in th uk test. I have now booked a peo appoint at Solihull Birmingham next week.

im trying to organise all our documents together to make a file ready to take with us to the peo appointment , but I have no idea where to start. what sections should I make relating to the application , should I have a number contents page so it relates to each section. im thinking of using a normal folder with plastic wallets with a binder.

I have previously posted questions on here asking for your help but on one seems to be answering so I would really appreciate if anyone who has recently had peo appointment for their help.

thank you

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:07 pm

hi , im still awaiting an answer to my last question ?

thanks

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:10 pm

Have you actually tried filling in the SET(M) form to see how you get on? I suggest organising the documents I.e, cohabitation proof etc... Into a folder and the application form in another.

aksi

Post by aksi » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:24 pm

I had a set back by inadvertently answering a question on SET(M), So please be careful.
Now, I have prepared a reply and waiting for review(ASAP) by moderators/senior members/Guru's for comments.
Last edited by aksi on Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:30 pm

hi , thank you for your quick reply much appreciated. I have much pretty much read through the whole 37 pages but just starting now to fill it in hand. im gonna be using numbered coloured coded binders and plastic wallets to put the documents in , just need to get a folder.

as far as the documents go , because me and wife have been living with my parents the house is in their names along with all bills and any letters relating to the house. I have saved all the documents in my wifes names that she has received while living here like hospital letters , nhs card , council letter with no date for 2012 , nothing much for early 2013 but plenty for second half of this year. I only made my single bank account into joint one from june 2013.

I understand that if I dont't have documents in joint names or individual names , I can write a letter from my self explaining why and a letter from parents including bills like the gas , electric , water , council tax to show the cw why we don't have documents.

thanks

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:34 pm

You can write whatever you want but they would like (and expect) to see cohabitation proof. If you're going for a PEO forget numbers, colours and folders, just have two folder, in folder 1 the originals and in folder 2, the copies. Hand it all over and the caseworker will do the rest.

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:41 am

Hi , my wife has her PEO appointment Solihull this week so I have been preparing her application and compiling all our documents which I have put in a folder. I will be shortly filling in her application but have no idea in which order or what sections to create to put those documents under.

Now because we live with my parents at their property , all bills and letters relating to the propert are in their name so I will be including letter on their behalf including house deeds and bills explaining the lack of documents in our names and that they happy to accommodate us. I do have a lot of docments for my self and some for my wife covering 2012 , but not much if any for beginning of 2013 but plenty from June 2013 onwards.

So I will need to write a letter for my self or my wife explain the reasons for lack of or quantity of documents because it does say on the set m application form that if u don't have documents in joint or indiviual names due to living with relatives u can write a letter.

I would really appreciate if anyone with experience on this forum can help me !

Thanks

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:23 pm

Hi , my wife has a PEO appointment tomorrow at Solihull office. I have prepared the follow file for her application so I would appreciated if could let me know if it's complete or anything missing -

ILR FILE

Section 1
• SET (M) Application Form
• Photos (2 A) (1P)
• SER (M) Payment Sheet
• Passport Copies

Section 2
Kol & Life In The UK Requirements
• Pass Notification Letter
• ESOL Entry 3 Certificate

Section 3
Evidence Of Cohabitation
• Joint Back Account Statement
June 2013 - October 2013

Applicant Documentation
• Hospitals Maternity Exemption
Letter & Card (2012-2013)
• Hospital Maternity Letters
• Hounslow Council Letter Confirm
Family on the Register

• NHS Card

• Single Bank Statements
May,June,July
• GP letter confirming registration
• Santander Letter Confirm Account
& PIN
• National Insurance Letters
• Job Center Plus

Partner Documentation
• 6 Current Account Statements
• 3 Y Monthly Saving Statements
• ISA Statements
• 11 Month Wage Slips
• P60 2010/2011/2012
• NHS Card
• GP Letter Confirming Registration

Section 4
Parents Documentation
• Confirmation Letter
• House Deeds
• House Insurance
• Gas , Electric , Water
• Council Test
• Telephone Bills
• Sky

Section 5
• Additional Documents

From January to May 2013 I don't any documentation for my wife and overall I'm lacking letters in joint names because we live with parents. So because of this reasons and like it say on the set m form about documents u can write a letter explain why.

Thanks

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:49 pm

Hi , I forgot include under cohabitation my wedding ceremony or marriage certificate.

I really would appreciate an answer from all the experience people on this forum and anyone with previous experience at the Solihull office.

Thanks !

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:21 pm

I don't think there should be any issue.

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:35 pm

Hi , thank you for your quick reply as always your help is very much appreciated. Also I have include my child original birth Certificate with both our names on it and address and wedding ceremony marriage certificate for section 3 cohabitation.

Thanks

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:42 pm

You can take other things in a separate folder and if the caseworker needs it they'll let you know. Otherwise keep documents to those required as per the form.

mego_1980

Post by mego_1980 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:29 pm

Easy tiger,

Any update on your PEO appointment?

mego

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:47 pm

Hi , as of yesterday afternoon my wife's ILR application was approved at a pro appointment t sholihull and her biometric card will arrive in the next seven to 10 working days. We just made it their about 3mins before my appointment even tho we were told to be their 30mins before.

When we got their my wife gave her name and explained that our appointment is at 12 and were running late because of traffic. The next step was going through mental detectors and getting search , shortly after was given a ticket number and a info sheet explaining the process involved today.

Once our number was called out me and my wife went to the counter where we first gave our application form , photos. And passports. Our details were entered onto the system and application was checked over followed by handing over all out documents and photo copies which were only made of some of the original papers. The lady's behind desk then told that your file will given to the caseworker who is another part of the same building and your application will be considered.

We were told to go back to reception and wait for my wife to be called for biometrics. After 30mins later my wife was called for her biometrics which took about 15mins. Then we went back to reception where we waited again for a short wile before being told by staff to come in about 2 hrs collect your documents.

When we came back after after walking around the town center and having something to eat , we waited once again for about 45mins before out number was called out. They then informed us what we had been waiting to hear all this time that your biometric card would be sent to u by secure delivery. All our documents were returned and we made our way home.

Overall the experience was good , all the staff were nice & polite.

Thanks