ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sahana6
Newly Registered

Re: English language requirement

Post by sahana6 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:30 am

Hi,

Received confirmation from Home Office that a printout of points based calculator showing 10 points for your degree is enough evidence to prove the English Language skills for naturalisation application. No need of ELA or any letter from UK NARIC.

Orginial Degree Certificate with print out of points based calculator showing 10 poins should suffice the English language requirement.

Home Office Response:

As detailed in the previously enclosed factsheet, you can submit a printout of the point based calculator showing that you were awarded 10 points for your English language skills. You should also enclose your original degree certificate with the application.

Thanks.

dadageer wrote:
sahana6 wrote:Hi,
I have my NCS appointment for Naturalisation on 20th Nov 2013, I read the statement of intent, and arranged all necessary documents for naturlisation application to meet english language requirement
1- UKBA statement of comparaibility stating my Bachelor degree is equivalent to UK standards Bachelor Degree
2 - Got a letter from college on official letterhead that medium is English
3 - My original BE cerificate stating Medium as English.

Now i checked the application form and it states that UK NARIC should also confirm that medium is English. This means a English Language Assessment statement again, an additional expense.

But my problem is time, I dont have time to get the NARIC ELA statement now, can someone pls tell me if I can go to NCS with the documents I have? Will they accept my application? I have already paid UK NARIC for the ELA statement but I may not receive it in time. I cannot move my NCS date, due to the requirement of physical presence in UK.

Tried calling NCS but they said they dont advise on documentation.
The KOLL statement of intent still on UKBA says - Those with an academic qualification (not a professional or vocational qualification) who
provide appropriate evidence that the qualification was taught or researched in English are considered automatically to meet the English language component of the KoLL requirement

Appreciate your pointers.

Thanks.
Hi, I was in similar situation few months back where my foreign BE degree was certified by NARIC as equivalent to British bachelors degree. Medium of instructions of my degree was English and I had an official letterhead from University confirming medium of instructions is English. But, sadly, this is not enough to meet UKBA new requirement of B1 level English. You must get a NARIC certificate for "English Language assessment" which unfortunately only grades to C1. Not above, not below. I sent all my documents to them and they rejected saying this degree is not at level C1 which was quite ridiculous but I had no choice then to go for an ESOL exam. I then appeared for FCE exam and passed it at level C1.

As per your situation, it's highly likely that home office will not accept your NARIC UK degree comparability and letters of English medium from your Uni. until you get a NARIC certificate which certifies your degree at level C1.

Alex_11
Newly Registered

Post by Alex_11 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:31 pm

Hi guys
Good character section
3.5 about the tax reference number or the address tax office
I didn't fill it cause I didn't know where should I get it from so
I left as it is. I thought it was for self employed applications.
Do u think that's will effect my application?
I will be thankful if you can help.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:37 pm

maasif wrote:Applied on 22/10 via NCS.
Received by HO on 24/10.
Emailed NHD on 27/11 and got a reply on 28/11.....
We have been advised that any outstanding applications and payments to be processed will be completed in the next two weeks.

Unfortunately there has been a large increase in applications which has caused a bit of a delay.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:39 pm

viper123 wrote:is there any one who got their approval letter during october 2013 and still waiting for their citizen ceremony invitation letter? because mine since 22/oct/2013 still havent recieve anything.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:17 pm

knitter wrote:Hi,

for the naturalisation I'm using the National Checking Service.
Did you use it?
What was your experience with them? l

Thanks! :)

MwanaKay

Re: Acknowledgement Letter Not Stating All Enclosed Document

Post by MwanaKay » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:29 am

MwanaKay wrote:Guys please help, bit concerned, received acknowledgement Letter today, there is no mention of my Life In The UK certificate, but the other documents are mentioned/listed.

Should I worry that they haven't got it??????!?

Anyone with as similar situation??? Please help
Thank God for I have a British Passport!!!.
God conquered Everest (BC) for me, and now has presented me with a Britih Passport.
Hallelujah!!!

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:59 am

It does not matter. They never look into the docs properly at this stage and docs are never mentioned fully. Its the assistants who open the envelopes and send acknowledgements. When your application is being looked at by case worker, at this stage your whole application gets looked at in details. Many times they just mention all supporting docs as "supporting docs -1".
No point worrying about these things. Case workers are paid to worry about these matters. Let them do what they are paid to do. You have made the application and paid the fees. Just sit back and relax until you receive your brown envelope.

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Post by Loveislovely » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:03 am

MwanaKay wrote:
MwanaKay wrote:Guys please help, bit concerned, received acknowledgement Letter today, there is no mention of my Life In The UK certificate, but the other documents are mentioned/listed.

Hi Mwanakay,

I have had the same problem, I was worried at first, but I read a couple of posts, they had claim that HO does not return your life in the UK certificate, after naturalization, I am not sure if this is a fact, I hope someone else can confirm it. If it is true, that would explain, why they did not mention it in the letter.

Loveislovely
All for one, one for all..... Peace

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:02 am

They don't return liuk. After naturalization this doc is not worth the paper it's written on.

MwanaKay

Post by MwanaKay » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:00 pm

Loveislovely wrote:
MwanaKay wrote:

Hi Mwanakay,

I have had the same problem, I was worried at first, but I read a couple of posts, they had claim that HO does not return your life in the UK certificate, after naturalization, I am not sure if this is a fact, I hope someone else can confirm it. If it is true, that would explain, why they did not mention it in the letter.

Loveislovely

Loveislovely

Many many thanks Loveislovely

I just thought maybe they mean they have not got it. Thanks for the clarification and advice you've offered.
God conquered Everest (BC) for me, and now has presented me with a Britih Passport.
Hallelujah!!!

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Post by Loveislovely » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:29 pm

Hi Mwanakay,

We are like family on this forum, it is a pleasure to put someones mind at ease, good luck with your approval.

Loveislovely

saayinla

Question about NCS and Documents.

Post by saayinla » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:54 pm

Hi All,

First of all thanks for your time in responding to people's queries, I would like to see what the consensus is on applying by self or through the NCS, because Ideally I ll rather save the money and put in the application myself same as I ve ever done.

Secondly, is it a must to include letter from my employer because in the guide, under the Section 3 where employment is discussed the corresponding documents required includes amongst letter from employer OR Passport. I would be leaving my current employer just 2 weeks after my application therefore I have no intention of approaching HR for an employer letter. I am one for not producing unrequested or unnecessary documents as we know a lot of people do, So I ideally would like to supply only the basic minimum required and it has never failed me all through to this time.

Please if anyone has a diffrent view kindly post in response to this.

Thanks in advance.

jonkil
Newly Registered

Dillema

Post by jonkil » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:47 pm

Hi All,

I am in a dilemma. I am due to apply for naturalisation in March 2014 and understand it can take up to 6 months to get a passport. I am however going to the US for higher studies in June 2014 for 2 years. As such, I will need to get the US student visa on my current Indian passport and then visit UK to collect my British passport when it is ready. My questions are:

1. Will I be able to transfer the US student visa onto my British passport? Note that since India does not allow dual citizenship, I will have to give up the passport. As such, I will either have to apply for a new student visa or transfer the one on my Indian passport. Does anyone know how it works?

2. If I am able to transfer the visa, do you know how long it will take? I ask as I will be missing important classes during the time the transition happens

Many thanks in advance

blueclouds1234
Newly Registered

Post by blueclouds1234 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:10 am

I submitted my application over 5 weeks ago and still no debit of fees. I am away from UK for 4 weeks over the xmas / January period. I wonder what happens if HO start processing my application, and they need to get hold of me for additional information while I am away. If I don't respond within 2 weeks, does this mean that my application is automatically rejected?? :shock: :? :? :? :? :?

Nina123
Newly Registered

Post by Nina123 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:38 pm

[quote="blueclouds1234"]I submitted my application over 5 weeks ago and still no debit of fees. I am away from UK for 4 weeks over the xmas / January period. I wonder what happens if HO start processing my application, and they need to get hold of me for additional information while I am away. If I don't respond within 2 weeks, does this mean that my application is automatically rejected?? :shock: Yes and you will lose your fees as well good luck

blueclouds1234
Newly Registered

Post by blueclouds1234 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:34 pm

Nina123 wrote:
blueclouds1234 wrote:I submitted my application over 5 weeks ago and still no debit of fees. I am away from UK for 4 weeks over the xmas / January period. I wonder what happens if HO start processing my application, and they need to get hold of me for additional information while I am away. If I don't respond within 2 weeks, does this mean that my application is automatically rejected?? :shock: Yes and you will lose your fees as well good luck

Can I potentially send them an email with a request to start looking at my application at a later stage??

rakkar
Newly Registered

how to get back your passport while app. still in process?

Post by rakkar » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:51 pm

hi everybody, I wonder if someone can help me. I applied for naturalisation on 24 october before the rules meant to be change on 28 october. I have not heard anything back yet no acknowledgement or email. I applied by post and did special delivery. My question is how long it takes to get acknowledgement and whole process. And my second question is I am going abroad in end of january 2014 and I need my Indian passport back. So question is how to get my passport back? will they give it back in middle of process and doesn't effect my application?

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Re: how to get back your passport while app. still in proces

Post by Loveislovely » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:06 am

rakkar wrote:hi everybody, I wonder if someone can help me. I applied for naturalisation on 24 october before the rules meant to be change on 28 october. I have not heard anything back yet no acknowledgement or email. I applied by post and did special delivery. My question is how long it takes to get acknowledgement and whole process. And my second question is I am going abroad in end of january 2014 and I need my Indian passport back. So question is how to get my passport back? will they give it back in middle of process and doesn't effect my application?

I would suggest you call them, if you need your Passport for ending of January, you need to start requesting it now, as it may take 20 working days to reach you, after you request its return, it may or may not affect your application, speak to them first.
Good luck

rakkar
Newly Registered

Re: how to get back your passport while app. still in proces

Post by rakkar » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:21 pm

Thanks mate. Good news is that they debited my account so hopefully it can be sorted by end of next month. And they replied to my email regarding my passport back I can have it in 10 days.

MwanaKay

Request For Old Passport showing my stay between 2010-2011

Post by MwanaKay » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:52 pm

Hi All, it's me again. I need your advice again. Am at work my wiffe just called me that they have returned all the supporting docs and enclosed a letter asking for my old passport showing my residence between 2010 and 2011.

My question is: When sending them the old passport (thats if I find it), do I need to return all these supporting docs they sent back or have they taken copies of these and just need my old passport showing my residency between the dates they have requested?

Please advice as my wife is happy she's got her passport back and she wants to go on holiday over xmass.

Help!!!! Help!!!! :roll: :x
Hallelujah!!!

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:03 pm

They only need to see what they have asked for. They will not need to see again what they have returned. They will have all what you have sent to them scanned onto their computer system.

I suggest you get back home in peace, and after reading their letter, ask anything else you may have doubts about. :)

NicoleAmelie23
Newly Registered

hi

Post by NicoleAmelie23 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:00 pm

i already send my application and i think i forgot to write my employer PAYE reference. it bothers me and thinking will be the reason for them to refuse my application thanks a lot

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:12 pm

They will not refuse for not writing paye reference. As long as you meet all the statutory requirements, they cannot refuse an application.

If anything is missing or they need more information, they will always write to you.

You also need to take a chill pill.

zombie2012
Newly Registered

Post by zombie2012 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:59 pm

how long will it for home office to take money for citizenship certificate for a child who turned 18 while processing naturalization application.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:04 pm

It seems to be taking around 7-8 weeks right now. Browse the forum and you will know why.