ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI STATUS

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

karen334
Newly Registered

OCI STATUS

Post by karen334 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:19 pm

HI EVERYONE!

I applied for OCI in person on 1st of October. Its been more than a month now and my status still shows "under process" :(. I have booked my tickets on 12th November (over confidence, i know!) sigh!

Applicant Name ***
File Acknowledgment Number ***
Date Of Acknowledgment 01-OCT-2013
Registration Status at Mission LONDON
OCI- Number
Documents Printing Status UNDER-PROCESS

I see only a selected fields, not much information visible.

I tried mailing and also contacting them today, yet no response. No one is picking up the call (tried all the available numbers). Is it a holiday at the embassy today? (assuming it is in India)

Is there any other means of catching hold of them?

rambharose
Newly Registered

Post by rambharose » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:04 am

In-person applications take 6 weeks as per their timeline so getting any reply before that is very difficult infact even after 6 week is not guaranteed .

I would suggest to apply for tourist visa if you don't want to change your plans to visit India. Its simple process and you will get visa in 5 days.

coolmate
Newly Registered

if you are not around to collect your oci

Post by coolmate » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:50 pm

we applied for oci on 11th October but its still showing under process. unfortunately - we will have to apply for tourist visa.
now - once we travel to india - we will not be available to collect the OCI and get the BP stamped.

Has anyone come across this issue and what is the remedy. can anyone go to collect it after they are back or is it sent elsewhere.

Any help or suggestions is most welcome.

nehalbhagat

Post by nehalbhagat » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:23 am

Hi Coolmate,

please contact OCI enquiry via shettybn@nic.in, by quoting reference number/file number. they will check and come back to you with latest status. They are good and quick to reply.

regarding collecting OCI, I recently contacted Dr Shetty via above mentioned email and he advised that HCI London will keep your OCI booklet and U sticker until you collect. They will not send any approved documents back to New Delhi.

you can include this question in your email for also.

hope this helps

vij_sp_1980

Post by vij_sp_1980 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:36 am

Thanks for the email address nehalbhagat

bizzythekid
Newly Registered

Post by bizzythekid » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:13 am

nehalbhagat wrote:Hi Coolmate,

please contact OCI enquiry via shettybn@nic.in, by quoting reference number/file number. they will check and come back to you with latest status. They are good and quick to reply.

regarding collecting OCI, I recently contacted Dr Shetty via above mentioned email and he advised that HCI London will keep your OCI booklet and U sticker until you collect. They will not send any approved documents back to New Delhi.

you can include this question in your email for also.

hope this helps
say you get the VISA... but 2 days later the OCI is ready at HCI to collect. can the passport have an OCI sticker AND a VISA sticker. or will the VISA sticker be removed at time of collecting OCI?

and is there a refund process for the VISA payment?

coolmate
Newly Registered

Post by coolmate » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:06 pm

is there a refund process for the VISA payment?
There is no refund for VISA fees once you apply.

You can have the OCI and the VISA sticker together on the same passport.
Also, dont think they will remove the VISA sticker when you get OCI. Both the VISAs are valid and you can choose - which one you want to travel with.

ruhmera
Newly Registered

Applied for OCI but British PP is abt to expire in 2 months

Post by ruhmera » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:57 pm

Hi,

I have applied for OCI three weeks back, in my OCI application I have provided the British passport number which is about to expire in 2 months time.

My question is: If I apply for renewal of my British passport will I get the "U" visa i.e. Life Long visa in my new passport or old passport?

Thanks in advance.

ssssr
Newly Registered

Post by ssssr » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:25 am

Hello karen334,

I have also applied for OCI in London on 1st of October and my status still shows “UNDER PROCESS” and when I contacted OCI team via e-mail, they say that OCI sticker printing is in progress in Inida and they will update the status once they receive it. I am not sure how long it takes to print OCI sticker.

Is there anything changed in your case?

Thanks.

coolmate
Newly Registered

Post by coolmate » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:50 am

Date Of Acknowledgment 11-OCT-2013
Registration Status at Mission LONDON
OCI- Number XXXXXXXX
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 15-NOV-2013
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 25-NOV-2013
Document received At LONDON On 27-NOV-2013

OCI received. Finally the long journey comes to an end. Would like to thank the forum members for sharing their experiences.