ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

National Checking service: your experiences

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

knitter
Newly Registered

National Checking service: your experiences

Post by knitter » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:32 pm

Hi,

for the naturalisation I'm using the National Checking Service.
Did you use it?
What was your experience with them?

thanks for sharing

dr_me

Re: National Checking service: your experiences

Post by dr_me » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:53 pm

knitter wrote:Hi,

for the naturalisation I'm using the National Checking Service.
Did you use it?
What was your experience with them?

thanks for sharing
Hi,
NCS is a good service specially if you want to keep your original documents with you (In case you will have to travel during the time when your application is in progress). They will check your documents and application form to make sure that application is valid and that the forms are completed correctly. Also they will use only relevant documents as too many unnecessary documents are not required.
Then they will copy your documents and stamp it and original supporting documents will be returned to you. Most of the NCS send the application securely via next day delivery but you will need to check with your preferred council on how it will be send and later on can contact them or can ask for a tracking number etc for a confirmation on delivery of the application. This service offcourse is not free of charge but in my experience is worth using as a check and send service.
Alternatively you can have your documents verified as a true copy and send it at your own or send the originals and wait till you get an approval.

Tuvoc

Post by Tuvoc » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:35 pm

Mine was a good experience. It is totally worth it to retain your original documents, if nothing else.

But there was one oddity. The Form AN has a tick box that you tick if you previously satisfied the English language requirement for ILR. In that case, you do not have to provide the proof again. But the NCS office insisted that I provide it again, and would not accept the application without it. Fortunately I knew this in advance as they stated it on the council website. It isn't required technically, but no harm in providing it again and I guess perhaps it might speed things up. They did actually approve ours quite quickly.