ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Requirements for FLR(M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

special_member
Newly Registered

English Requirements for FLR(M)

Post by special_member » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:27 pm

I recently got ILR and would like to apply for my wife for FLR(M). My wife has got bachelor degree (BCom) and master degree (MBA) from Pakistan and she can speak and write English very well. Now, does she need to pass B1 exam or would she be able to show here degrees and get exemption?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:59 pm

See if she's awarded points for her Degree/Master's on the points calculator
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

special_member
Newly Registered

Post by special_member » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:28 pm

I had already checked that but I am afraid she wouldn't get any point for her qualifications on the point calculator. But having said that the points calculator awards points to C1 level not B1.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:08 pm

Ann Woodall wrote: as to enter the Tier 1 (General) category, the migrant needs C1 level English.

Applicants wishing to use the PBS calculator to evidence the KOLL requirement, should therefore enter details of their degree as a Tier 2 (General) migrant, as entry to this category requires level B1 CEFR only.
So, make sure you use the points calculator as if your spouse is applying for Tier 2 General as this is set to B1 CEFR.
However, if she fails to achieve points on this basis then I am afraid she will have to try this
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:24 pm

If points are not awarded then a Statement of Comparability from NARIC with proof the medium of instruction was English should suffice.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

special_member
Newly Registered

Post by special_member » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:09 pm

Thanks guys for your help! I don't understand why HO don't make things easier for us as I am sure this must be a very common issue for a lot of people.

Thanks anyways and keep up the good work!!