ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

If paying for private citizenship ceremony- is there refund?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jack902

If paying for private citizenship ceremony- is there refund?

Post by jack902 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:37 pm

If one pays for a private citizenship- is there a refund for the public ceremony option not being used?

My understanding is that about £80 of the application fee is related to the public citizenship ceremony

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:54 pm

no as it is your choice not to attend public ceremony, which are usualyy schedule on certain days and at certain times. someone (you) has to pay for the cost of what is involved in the process to have a private ceremony.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jack902

Post by jack902 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:31 pm

CR001 wrote:no as it is your choice not to attend public ceremony, which are usualyy schedule on certain days and at certain times. someone (you) has to pay for the cost of what is involved in the process to have a private ceremony.
But not happy that my council say nothing available until jan and they don't even have dates available for jan

Very good for them to make a quick £100 each time

shahfor

Post by shahfor » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:47 pm

jack902 wrote:
CR001 wrote:no as it is your choice not to attend public ceremony, which are usualyy schedule on certain days and at certain times. someone (you) has to pay for the cost of what is involved in the process to have a private ceremony.
But not happy that my council say nothing available until jan and they don't even have dates available for jan

Can we know what council it it is?

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:04 pm

jack902 wrote:[

Don't let them make quick £ 100. Book on when the group ceremony is available. I am sure they are not forcing anyone to book private.

Everything in life is like driving. Sometimes there is heavy traffic, or a traffic jam and you cannot travel A-B in the shortest possible time. Sometimes the weather does not let you drive fast. What can you do in these situations? I think a bit of patience is the best idea. If someone cannot book a ceremony for a month or two, it is not going to cause them any harm. If someone really thinks that a late ceremony is going to put them in harms way, then I think the wise thing would be to stump up £ 100 and save their lives.

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:41 am

Ayyubi72 too right everything happens in steps. After having ups and downs highs and lows one becomes and grows stronger