ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child - British by descent

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

raja123

INFORMATION

Post by raja123 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:09 am

HI EVERY ONE I JUST NEED YOUR HELP PLEASE I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT I HAVE TO DO I AM BRITIESH NOT FROM BIRTH AND I AM MARRIED WITH PAKISTANI GIRL AND NOW I HAVE A DAUGHTER SHE IS JUST 3 MONTHS OLD SO CAN I REGISTER HER IN BRITISH EMMBASY IF YES PLAESE LET ME KNOW THE PROCESS I AM GEETING MY VISA DOCUMENTS REDAY AS WELL SHE NEVER BEEN TO UK BEFORE BUT 1ST THING I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT MY DAUGHTER

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:44 am

Please don't shout.

If child's father or mother was naturalised prior to child's birth, then child is automatically a British citizen by descent (2(1)(a)).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

raja123

Post by raja123 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:17 am

hi thanks for your replay my daughter is in paksitan she never been to uk she live with her mother my wife also never been to uk so for my daughter to register her what form and documents I need thanks in advance

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:24 am

If you were naturalised prior to child's birth, then see also Overseas British passport applications.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

raja123

Post by raja123 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:06 am

thanks
for you reaply but some one told me you cant be register you daughter because she born in Pakistan and your wife she never been to uk plase just let me know if I can apply or not thanks explain now every thing

1: I am british not from birth just 2year ago.
2: I am married with Pakistani girl she is in Pakistan she never been to uk
3: I have a daughter now she born in Pakistan and 3 months old she still there so can I aregister her???????

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:22 am

Please confirm that you were naturalised prior to child's birth.

Registering child's birth is optional for child who is automatically British.

raja123

Post by raja123 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:29 am

yes I was british before her birth

raja123

clear this question please

Post by raja123 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:59 pm

thanks
for you reaply but some one told me you cant be register you daughter because she born in Pakistan and your wife she never been to uk plase just let me know if I can apply or not thanks explain now every thing

1: I am british not from birth just 2year ago.
2: I am married with Pakistani girl she is in Pakistan she never been to uk
3: I have a daughter now she born in Pakistan and 3 months old she still there so can I aregister her??????I was british before her birth

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:13 pm

If you were naturalised as British and your daughter was born after this then she is British by descent if born in Pakistan, she does not need to register in order to be British.

Regarding Birth Certificates:
Register a birth abroad wrote:You must register your child’s birth according to the regulations in the country where the child was born. They will give you a local birth certificate.

Once you’ve done this you may be able to apply to register the birth with the UK authorities.

You don’t have to do this, but it means:

you’ll get a UK-style birth certificate for the child
you’ll have proof that the child is a British citizen
the birth will be recorded with the General Register Office in the UK
A locally-issued birth certificate should be accepted in the UK for all purposes, eg applying for a passport, registering with a school or doctor etc. It might need to be translated and certified if it’s not in English.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

raja123

Post by raja123 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:31 pm

thanks for your replay.i have got her local birth certificate after that I can apply for her british passport in Pakistan or i have to register her first????

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:34 pm

Apply for the British Passport or Certificate of Entitlement if she is British.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

raja123

Post by raja123 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:39 pm

thanks amber because i was confused so i try first to apply for her passport in Pakistan than i will apply for my wife visa

raja123

Post by raja123 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:51 pm

Hi is possible if I register my daughter birth here in UK embassy rather than Pakistan

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:32 pm

raja123 wrote:Hi is possible if I register my daughter birth here in UK embassy rather than Pakistan
Your post is confusing. Where is "here in the UK embassy"?

Have you tried reading any of the previously given links regarding Register a birth abroad? The answers were there.

raja123

Post by raja123 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:32 am

hi sorry for confusing in the uk can I register my daughter she born in paksitan and she is still there

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:35 am

Please read this slowly - your child is automatically British from birth. No need to register her as British as she is already British. You can apply directly for a passport or Certificate of Entitlement to be placed in her Pakistani passport.

If you wish, you can register her birth with the UK authorities but that is optional and has nothing to do with her citizenship. It's more a formally to get a UK style birth certificate.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

raja123

Post by raja123 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:11 am

hi there thanks you so much all for your help I understand every thing now thank you so much

raja123

Re: Child - British by descent

Post by raja123 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:59 pm

hi all the respected guru
I am just worried about my daughter visa she is just 5 months old and I already applied her (ROA) visa from Pakistan and I am gona apply for my wife spouse visa in end of April some one told me may be they reject your daughter roa visa because you did not apply your wife visa is that true please help me thanks in advance

raja123

Post by raja123 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:21 am

Hi all the respected guru plz help me

Just Wondering

Post by Just Wondering » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:36 am

What is an ROA visa and why have you applied for it?

Who told you that they will reject it?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:42 am

raja123 wrote:hi all the respected guru
I am just worried about my daughter visa she is just 5 months old and I already applied her (ROA) visa from Pakistan and I am gona apply for my wife spouse visa in end of April some one told me may be they reject your daughter roa visa because you did not apply your wife visa is that true please help me thanks in advance
"Some one" is mistaken.

raja123

Post by raja123 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:43 am

hi there thanks for you replay they will refuse because I did not apply for my wife spouse visa with my daughter application so please help me is that true

Just Wondering

Post by Just Wondering » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:52 am

What is an ROA visa and why have you applied for it?

Who told you that they will reject it?

raja123

Post by raja123 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:57 am

thanks Vinny so is no problem if i already applied my daughter (ROA) visa before my wife spouse visa????
Because I will aplly for my wife visa in end of April..

Just Wondering

Post by Just Wondering » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:00 am

Alright.

Have fun!