ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

why do you need referees for BC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

navalaviator
Member of Standing

why do you need referees for BC

Post by navalaviator » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:12 pm

Why do you need 2 references for BC I mean what's the point when they do their own good character assessment and then the decision is based on this assessment?
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: why do you need referees for BC

Post by askmeplz82 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:17 pm

LOL so true ....
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

royh

Post by royh » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:28 pm

well they had it before the good character requirement came into effect, so might aswell keep it as the more steps, the more ways to trip you up somehow. :wink:

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:10 pm

referees dont make character assessments or opinions, they simply act as other two persons who know you by name and attest to the fact that you exist and you are real.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:56 am

wpilr_nov12 wrote:referees dont make character assessments or opinions, they simply act as other two persons who know you by name and attest to the fact that you exist and you are real.
Well I respect your opinion but if that's the reason then what's the point of Biometric finger prints scan system and digital picture which is taken from the very first application of your entry clearance to all the way to ILR!!! and this Biometric system is here to make sure that you are who you claim to be and you really exist.

What happens if one of your own chosen referee's if contacted says something else damaging over some jealousy or some other reason even though applicant has no criminal record and is of good character according to the set rules required to be assessed as of being of good character in the guide AN as specially in Asian community it does happen quite often and those who are settled here for 40+ odd years has this some unknown intrinsic jealousy that people who are coming now shouldn't be given right of residence and the whole situation exacerbates particularly if you came as spouse and have ILR and now marriage is broken.

What's the point of asking other people whether the applicant should be naturalized or not is absolutely diabolical and incomprehensible when there are systems in place to establish identity and also you are physically interviewed before passport is issued for this very reason plus your identity is again and again established throughout including all applications plus all language tests :roll:

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:02 am

navalaviator wrote:
wpilr_nov12 wrote:referees dont make character assessments or opinions, they simply act as other two persons who know you by name and attest to the fact that you exist and you are real.
Well I respect your opinion but if that's the reason then what's the point of Biometric finger prints scan system and digital picture which is taken from the very first application of your entry clearance to all the way to ILR!!! and this Biometric system is here to make sure that you are who you claim to be and you really exist.

What happens if one of your own chosen referee's if contacted says something else damaging over some jealousy or some other reason even though applicant has no criminal record and is of good character according to the set rules required to be assessed as of being of good character in the guide AN as specially in Asian community it does happen quite often and those who are settled here for 40+ odd years has this some unknown intrinsic jealousy that people who are coming now shouldn't be given right of residence and the whole situation exacerbates particularly if you came as spouse and have ILR and now marriage is broken.

What's the point of asking other people whether the applicant should be naturalized or not is absolutely diabolical and incomprehensible when there are systems in place to establish identity and also you are physically interviewed before passport is issued for this very reason plus your identity is again and again established throughout including all applications plus all language tests :roll:
navalaviator Relax my friend. Rules are rules. Asking why would'n't change anything. You will be fine mate you worry to much about the negatives. What if A happens, what if B happens, what if C happens.....Hurry up and get BC so you can relax :o . There must be two people you can trust to be your referee's.
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

humanvoid

Post by humanvoid » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:37 am

navalaviator wrote:Why?
Do not seek fairness and justice in this system simply because they have never been set as standards, local people have already accepted this fact long time ago and just continuing to "keep calm and carry on" :) or sorry to sound harsh, "shut up and get on with it"

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:34 am

navalaviator wrote: Well I respect your opinion but if that's the reason then what's the point of Biometric finger prints scan system and digital picture which is taken from the very first application of your entry clearance to all the way to ILR!!! and this Biometric system is here to make sure that you are who you claim to be and you really exist.
Not everybody applying for Citizenship has gone through the Biometric system (I've never had it done and will likely be applying next year sometime). Until the UK government can be sure that every applicant has their biometrics on file somewhere, they will probably keep the referee requirement in place.
Last edited by ouflak1 on Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:50 am

ouflak1 wrote:
navalaviator wrote: Well I respect your opinion but if that's the reason then what's the point of Biometric finger prints scan system and digital picture which is taken from the very first application of your entry clearance to all the way to ILR!!! and this Biometric system is here to make sure that you are who you claim to be and you really exist.
Not everybody applying for Citizenship has gone through the Biometric system (I've never had it done and will likely be applying next year sometime). Until the UK government can be sure that every applicant has there biometrics on file somewhere, they will probably keep the referee requirement in place.
Got your point and it makes sense cheers :)

Jaeger
Mood:

Post by Jaeger » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:02 pm

navalaviator wrote:
EEA Nationals are not even required to have residence documentantion before applying for PR. It's only optional but sometimes it can make an application more straightforward.

jotter
Member of Standing

Post by jotter » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:11 pm

... in addition to the fact that EEA nationals and their families are exempt from the Biometric requirement