ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI application Birmingham experience

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

doubletrouble

OCI application Birmingham experience

Post by doubletrouble » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:21 pm

Can someone please help what time I need to be realistically there to get the token in the morning. Obviously I can go very early but don't want to freeze in this cold unnecessarily. Thanks

imranb

Re: OCI application Birmingham experience

Post by imranb » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:33 pm

doubletrouble wrote:Can someone please help what time I need to be realistically there to get the token in the morning. Obviously I can go very early but don't want to freeze in this cold unnecessarily. Thanks
I was there this Monday. Reached at 7:30 am, and my number in the OCI queue was 5th. So I would recommend to reach between 7 and 7:30 for any chances to get a good starting point.

gj6ab5657
Mood:
India

Re: OCI application Birmingham experience

Post by gj6ab5657 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:57 pm

imranb wrote:
doubletrouble wrote:Can someone please help what time I need to be realistically there to get the token in the morning. Obviously I can go very early but don't want to freeze in this cold unnecessarily. Thanks
I was there this Monday. Reached at 7:30 am, and my number in the OCI queue was 5th. So I would recommend to reach between 7 and 7:30 for any chances to get a good starting point.
depends which days you go I was very unlucky that day even I reached 8 AM and in the queue my number was approx.60-65 it was a mixed queue though more than 35 people for OCI and my turned at window 3.30 PM counter clerk advise me to get affidavit for change of name. another day another bad experience please read below from my previous post some where in this forum

Hi! to every one .....

Finally after 3 trial I could submit my OCI application at CGI-Birmingham, I only blame the window staff's lack of knowledge.

worst experience ever after long waiting and given wrong guidance from staff- do affidavit about name change even clearly stated in the observation page of British passport

1)first time I was queue up 8 o'Clock and started to give token around 8.45 and when my turn came 3.30 got wrong info. by member of staff about make affidavit/notary which wasn't required

2)second time went another week queue up around 9.30 my turn came around 4.10 but counter lady has asked me to make some photocopy's which was additional for my children application there is a facility to make photocopy in the premises but when I come back 4.20 Cashier has refused to take payment because time is finished and he has already cash up his till (although official opening time is 4.30) I have requested lot to accept my family application because I had travelled 90 miles far from B'gham

3)Very next day started from home 5 o'Clock morning and reached there sharp 7.50 AM and join to queue before me already approx 60 people was stood in the queue,my turn came around 12.30 and taken application and submitted in less than 5 minute

Information for who are going CGI b'gham for submit OCI application please go as early as possible so you can finish early.

Only two windows No-04 and 05 opens for OCI collection and it takes long time to serve all applicants its kind of just kidding and literally Joke.
I have complained regarding this problem at CGI Birmingham and London

the counter staff were really annoying and they kept on getting angry for no reason, they were even shouting at elderly people. :( best suggestion use postal service

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:02 pm

I have had the pleasure of visiting cgi brimingham to renew my passport few years ago.

I also had the pleasure to visit Bangladesh HC in Delhi about 15 years ago.

Bangladesh HC was far better organised, and staff were much more helpful and polite compared to cgi birmingham.