ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

esmsi

Re: Dear HO

Post by esmsi » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:21 am

Mess wrote:
Mess wrote:
lucky13 wrote:Come on HO, please don’t slow down let’s finish August before Christmas.
my friend Abudu got his approved letter yesterday. He applied on 13/08/3012

I have updated on skydrive :lol:
Sorry, mistakes, he applied on 13/08/2013

Mid august are reciving ILR now.Good Luck to all

lucky13

Post by lucky13 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:37 pm

Congratulations Abudu …
Let’s hope for more today…

esmsi wrote:
Mess wrote:
Mess wrote:
lucky13 wrote:Come on HO, please don’t slow down let’s finish August before Christmas.

I have updated on skydrive :lol:
Sorry, mistakes, he applied on 13/08/2013

Mid august are reciving ILR now.Good Luck to all

wez4all
Newly Registered

Post by wez4all » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:00 pm

Hi All,

I am going to apply ILR on the basis of long residence in March 2014.

My Query:

I have been issued a FPN (3 points and £100 fine) for over speeding in september 2013. Do i have to disclose this in my application? If yes than which section as FPN is not a criminal conviction? so cant put details of FPN in criminal conviction section unless i say ''yes'' to criminal convictions.

Regards
Last edited by wez4all on Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aye-elle-arr
Newly Registered

Post by aye-elle-arr » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:10 pm

Could you please let me know how or where I can get the status update?
ppycrmt wrote:MP in this country won't do anything for you!

You are right, paying £1051 and we should expect at least a better service than what we are receiving now. The best they can do is to provide status update.

It is ridiculous that they can do whatever they want. It is unfair. But the UKBA is probably thinking that if you don't like it, then you can leave!

You can complain all you want (as I have done many times!), but the opinion of one person is difficult to deter their effort to improve; they are adamant to change.
aye-elle-arr wrote:People who are waiting for more than 6 months have the option of contacting their local MP and make a complaint!? I know a few people who have done that.

I think that you are all forgetting that we are actually paying £1035 for this application!? UKBA is government funded and on top of that, we are paying that kind of money and they are unable to provide a decent service!! It is simply ridiculous – they just do as they wish.

I think the waiting time is deliberately meant to act as a deterrent to potential ILR applicants rather than a lack of resources or the complexity of the application or doing research!!

I have been hearing about Home office backlogs for years and years! In any other organisations, people would have lost their jobs for being so ineffective and incompetent

setlrapplicant wrote:My friend, i was saying in starting of this conversation that " I dont under stand why ............". i didnt want to complain of any one here in this forum and i am sure you knows legally you cant complain of home office before 6 months which they clearly mention on their web site and even on ACK letter.

I am pleased to know that you convinced too.
what ever the reason every one of us is stuck in tension by keep thinking what will happen, if home office done this if home office done that etc... for atleast for 4 to 6 months.

Any way lets hope for the best for every one of us.

ppycrmt wrote:You can go and complain. But they won't do anything about it. Seeing applications sped up in the last couple of months is already a miracle, considering the government is doing cost cutting. I too have my BRP 2 years ago, so do many others on this forum.

I am convinced too that they can decide on your application within weeks. But they wouldn't do it. Plus they have a massive backlog, factor in the number of teas they make per day. They just don't have the human resource.

Not saying I am on UKBA's side, I am totally not, I had many problems with them before, and my family. But if I imagine myself looking through someone's applications, it can be a daunting task. But that shouldn't be their excuse for being slow.

T1V
Newly Registered

Post by T1V » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:33 pm

Damanisshallo

Guys need some assistance. I am about to apply for ILR (10yrs rule) in next few days. I am currently on Tier-1 G which is valid until Jan-16. My wife and daughter are my dependants here. They are currently away on holidays for few weeks.

My question is, can I apply for ILR while they are away i.e. they will not have any issues at the airport on their return? Is this something I need to worry about?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

T1V

akb titu
Newly Registered

Post by akb titu » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:15 pm

happy for u mate but quite confused about the way HO deals with our application they defo dont do timely now it seems not even in order, begining of august not finished they doing mid august ,how weird it is! and im talking about simple straightforward applications.

Come on HO, please don’t slow down let’s finish August before Christmas.[/quote]

I have updated on skydrive :lol:[/quote]

Sorry, mistakes, he applied on 13/08/2013[/quote]

Mid august are reciving ILR now.Good Luck to all[/quote]

ppycrmt

Post by ppycrmt » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:31 pm

There is no status update. I am only merely suggesting what the HO should do.
aye-elle-arr wrote:Could you please let me know how or where I can get the status update?
ppycrmt wrote:MP in this country won't do anything for you!

You are right, paying £1051 and we should expect at least a better service than what we are receiving now. The best they can do is to provide status update.

It is ridiculous that they can do whatever they want. It is unfair. But the UKBA is probably thinking that if you don't like it, then you can leave!

You can complain all you want (as I have done many times!), but the opinion of one person is difficult to deter their effort to improve; they are adamant to change.
aye-elle-arr wrote:People who are waiting for more than 6 months have the option of contacting their local MP and make a complaint!? I know a few people who have done that.

I think that you are all forgetting that we are actually paying £1035 for this application!? UKBA is government funded and on top of that, we are paying that kind of money and they are unable to provide a decent service!! It is simply ridiculous – they just do as they wish.

I think the waiting time is deliberately meant to act as a deterrent to potential ILR applicants rather than a lack of resources or the complexity of the application or doing research!!

I have been hearing about Home office backlogs for years and years! In any other organisations, people would have lost their jobs for being so ineffective and incompetent

setlrapplicant wrote:My friend, i was saying in starting of this conversation that " I dont under stand why ............". i didnt want to complain of any one here in this forum and i am sure you knows legally you cant complain of home office before 6 months which they clearly mention on their web site and even on ACK letter.

I am pleased to know that you convinced too.
what ever the reason every one of us is stuck in tension by keep thinking what will happen, if home office done this if home office done that etc... for atleast for 4 to 6 months.

Any way lets hope for the best for every one of us.

[/quote]

wez4all
Newly Registered

Post by wez4all » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:34 pm

wez4all wrote:Hi All,

My Query:

I have been issued a FPN (3 points and £100 fine) for over speeding in september 2013. Do i have to disclose this in my application? If yes than which section as FPN is not a criminal conviction?

Regards
Please any thoughts anyone

wez4all
Newly Registered

Post by wez4all » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:39 pm

Hi,

When counting any time away from UK do i have to mention the entry date stamp of my destination country or the day i left UK. for example;

I left UK 5th March and arrived in Pakistan 6th March. My passports has an entry stamp of 6th march. ( as UK dont stamp ur passport while exiting).

In above case which date i should mention in application when counting days outside UK (5th or 6th)?

Regards

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Post by Spidery_thread » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:21 pm

wez4all wrote:Hi,

When counting any time away from UK do i have to mention the entry date stamp of my destination country or the day i left UK. for example;

I left UK 5th March and arrived in Pakistan 6th March. My passports has an entry stamp of 6th march. ( as UK dont stamp ur passport while exiting).

In above case which date i should mention in application when counting days outside UK (5th or 6th)?

Regards
Question D3, SET(LR) version 10/13: Put date left UK 5 March but count from 6 March as that will be your first day absent from the UK until the day before you came back.
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Post by Spidery_thread » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:40 pm

wez4all wrote:

My Query:

I have been issued a FPN (3 points and £100 fine) for over speeding in september 2013. Do i have to disclose this in my application? If yes than which section as FPN is not a criminal conviction?

Regards
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... pn_ilr_app
The requirement is that a person who applies for settlement must show that they do not have any unspent convictions (as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974). This is an additional requirement for settlement in all immigration routes

Your application will still be assessed against the “character, conduct
and associations” provisions in paragraph 322(5) of the immigration rules.
It is highly unlikely that receiving a Fixed Penalty Notice and/or points
on your licence would lead to a refusal, particularly if it was a one-off
incident. This, in itself, would be unlikely to lead to a refusal of your settlement application unless it was a pattern of repeated behaviour.

Put 'Yes' in Question E1 and continue with E2:

Country where Convicted: United Kingdom
Nature of Offence: SP30 or SP40
Sentence given: £100 fine and 3 penalty points on Licence
Date sentenced: ##-09-2013
If you were sentenced to a period of imprisonment, what was the
length of the prison sentence imposed (in months)?: 000
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

T1V
Newly Registered

Post by T1V » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:41 am

Guys need some assistance please. I am about to apply for ILR (10yrs rule) in next few days. I am currently on Tier-1 G which is valid until Jan-16. My wife and daughter are my dependants here. They are currently away on holidays for few weeks.

My question is, can I apply for ILR while they are away i.e. they will not have any issues at the airport on their return? Is this something I need to worry about?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

T1V

zubimcs
Newly Registered

Post by zubimcs » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:10 am

@T1V
In my opinion I can not see any problem in applying, but interesting situation might occur if you get your ILR before your family travel back to UK??

T1V
Newly Registered

Post by T1V » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:19 am

@zubimcs
Thanks for your response, I dont think that would happen as they will be returning before the end of the this month, which will probably be 2 weeks after I submit my applcation and I dont see HO processing it that quick!! I am just a bit cautious.

@T1V
In my opinion I can not see any problem in applying, but interesting situation might occur if you get your ILR before your family travel back to UK??

zubimcs
Newly Registered

Post by zubimcs » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:34 am

@T1V
One of my friend's family did travel to Pakistan for 2 months after 3 weeks my friend applied for ILR on 10 years. while he was waiting for home office decision on ILR his family came back to UK with no problem.

Farad
Newly Registered

Re: Awaiting

Post by Farad » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:15 pm

Farad wrote:Hello To Everybody I'm October application aswell, I'm still waiting. I will update you everything guys.

My immigration status was student for 10 Years. I came in 26 October 2003 as a visitor and convert to student on 28/10/2003 and I received my first student visa on November 2003.
I send only Passport with all stamps and Visa, and my last Biometrics card, Letter from my work status time of work and Life in UK Test.

Application Sent: 18/10/2013

Acknowledgement letter: 21/10/2013

Biometrics letter received: STILL WAITING

Biometrics enrolled: STILL WAITING

Approved Date (On Letter): STILL WAITING

Passport/Approval Letter Received: STILL WAITING

Biometric Card Received: STILL WAITING
I rang HOffice on 26/12/2013 they told me that my application is not there system. SILLY
I rang today on 05/12/13 concern the Biometric letter. They told me they don't know why this has not been send to me.SILLY JOKE
I make a request over the phone with them. NOW WAIT AGAIN.

I don't understand Why some applicant of October MY Friends they already got there Biometric letter it within 2 weeks. Solicitor Applicant

ANY OCTOBER APPLICANT UPDATE ME OR ANY GURU PLEASE ADVISE ME

THANKS IN ADVANCE

zabizabi

Post by zabizabi » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:18 pm

what is the contact number of homeoffice

ppycrmt

Post by ppycrmt » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:36 pm

0870 6067766
zabizabi wrote:what is the contact number of homeoffice

wez4all
Newly Registered

Post by wez4all » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:39 pm

Spidery_thread wrote:
wez4all wrote:

My Query:

Regards
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... pn_ilr_app
The requirement is that a person who applies for settlement must show that they do not have any unspent convictions (as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974). This is an additional requirement for settlement in all immigration routes

Your application will still be assessed against the “character, conduct
and associations” provisions in paragraph 322(5) of the immigration rules.
It is highly unlikely that receiving a Fixed Penalty Notice and/or points
on your licence would lead to a refusal, particularly if it was a one-off
incident. This, in itself, would be unlikely to lead to a refusal of your settlement application unless it was a pattern of repeated behaviour.

Put 'Yes' in Question E1 and continue with E2:

Country where Convicted: United Kingdom
Nature of Offence: SP30 or SP40
Sentence given: £100 fine and 3 penalty points on Licence
Date sentenced: ##-09-2013
If you were sentenced to a period of imprisonment, what was the
length of the prison sentence imposed (in months)?: 000
Why would i have to say 'yes' when it's not a criminal conviction?

gryphon

Post by gryphon » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:55 pm

Farad wrote:
Farad wrote:Hello To Everybody I'm October application aswell, I'm still waiting. I will update you everything guys.

My immigration status was student for 10 Years. I came in 26 October 2003 as a visitor and convert to student on 28/10/2003 and I received my first student visa on November 2003.
I send only Passport with all stamps and Visa, and my last Biometrics card, Letter from my work status time of work and Life in UK Test.

I rang HOffice on 26/12/2013 they told me that my application is not there system. SILLY
I rang today on 05/12/13 concern the Biometric letter. They told me they don't know why this has not been send to me.SILLY JOKE

I don't understand Why some applicant of October MY Friends they already got there Biometric letter it within 2 weeks. Solicitor Applicant

THANKS IN ADVANCE
Mate, same as you here. Applied on the 24th Oct, still waiting for the biometric. They told me it's due to the volume of applications received during October due to rule change.
Gryphon

Soban

ILR approval

Post by Soban » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:50 pm

Hi all,

By the grace of Allah I received my ILR yesterday. Can someone update the sky drive please.

For all those waiting, keep faith. Your patience will
Be rewarded.

Also, thanks to all those who have offered me words of encouragement and advise.
--

zabizabi

Post by zabizabi » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:04 pm

ppycrmt wrote:0870 6067766
zabizabi wrote:what is the contact number of homeoffice

thank you very much

zabizabi

Re: ILR approval

Post by zabizabi » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:06 pm

Soban wrote:Hi all,

By the grace of Allah I received my ILR yesterday. Can someone update the sky drive please.

Be rewarded.

Also, thanks to all those who have offered me words of encouragement and advise.
when u applied

Abchardik

Post by Abchardik » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:06 pm

Hello Gryphon and Farad...

I am an october applicant same time as Gryphon I guess.. I received my Biometic Letter after almost a month that also I had to call them and check if there was any issue and then they told me they have sent it.

I do not understadn what is delaying you guys process is it the payment mode you guys have opted ( I did Credit card ) ..!!!

Well all i would say to wait.. for this week and then write them and fax the copy along with your ACK copy too.

Regards
Hardik

gryphon wrote:
Farad wrote:

THANKS IN ADVANCE
Mate, same as you here. Applied on the 24th Oct, still waiting for the biometric. They told me it's due to the volume of applications received during October due to rule change.

zabizabi

Re: ILR approval

Post by zabizabi » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:18 pm

Soban wrote:Hi all,

Be rewarded.

in oct u posted that u got ILR and now again, i am confused