ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI Application by post + Stamping by Post ?

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mirzanaseer79

OCI Application by post + Stamping by Post ?

Post by mirzanaseer79 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:13 pm

Hi Guys,

I needed to know, if I have made an application by Post, once my OCI is approved, Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI and Document received by London High Commission.

Can I send my original British Passport with the Printout of my status, and Pre-paid Special Delivery Envelope by Post for Stamping?
As I have been made aware that, at least one time either for Initial Application or for Stamping, I needed to go personally? Is this true?

Best regards,

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:29 pm

Not true. You don't need to visit for collection either.

Shabster8
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Shabster8 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:43 pm

Thats right, there is no requirement to go personally. In July i posted my wifes application and then posted her passport and received OCI in post.

mirzanaseer79

Post by mirzanaseer79 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:12 pm

Thanks for your confirmation.

I also got OCI team, HCIL confirmed the same in an email.

tusharagrawal

Post by tusharagrawal » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:33 am

if three applications require stamping, is it okay to send all of them in one envelope and enclose one self addressed envelope to receive all three back ?
Of one envelope each per application ?

mirzanaseer79

Post by mirzanaseer79 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:42 am

Hi,

While sending from your end, it is OK to send all in one pack. So, you only pay 1 Special Delivery Envelope (SDE) charges for your post.

But, you need one SDE for each OCI or any application Visa Stampting. So, 3 application need 3 SDE.

If you dont comply this, only one Passport will be back in SDE and rest in normal post. This is how HCIL work, I am afraid.

I hope this helps?

Kind regards,

Shabster8
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Shabster8 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:01 pm

Hi,

I agree with mirzanaseer79 that it is safer to send one paid SDE per passport and that is what i did when 2 (mine and daughters) OCI were ready last week. But to my surprise both were received today in the same SDE and they returned the other SDE, so HCI is full of surprises.

But play it safe and send seperate SDE's, if you are lucky they will return the spare ones.

Thanks and good luck.

Shabster.