ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does speed camera affect British Citizenship?!!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

spike_UK

Does speed camera affect British Citizenship?!!

Post by spike_UK » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:07 pm

Hi guys,I'm about to apply for British Citizen on March. I just had a speed camera flash last night and I think I will get 3 points for speeding( I hope not).

Thanks in advance.
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

kasturi75

Re: Does speed camera affect British Citizenship?!!

Post by kasturi75 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:18 pm

spike_UK wrote:Hi guys,I'm about to apply for British Citizen on March. I just had a speed camera flash last night and I think I will get 3 points for speeding( I hope not).

Thanks in advance.
You should be fine. One traffic offence won't affect at all. My wife had the same situation & caused nothing at all.

We have declared it on the application.

Good luck.

spike_UK

Re: Does speed camera affect British Citizenship?!!

Post by spike_UK » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:01 pm

kasturi75 wrote:
spike_UK wrote:Hi guys,I'm about to apply for British Citizen on March. I just had a speed camera flash last night and I think I will get 3 points for speeding( I hope not).

Thanks in advance.
You should be fine. One traffic offence won't affect at all. My wife had the same situation & caused nothing at all.

We have declared it on the application.

Good luck.
Thanks Kasturi, that is a good news mate.
I think I will declare it too rather hiding it.
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

VR

Before you imagine

Post by VR » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:32 pm

spike_UK,

In one of my earlier posts, I have posted the DVLA number. Call that after a couple of days, with your Driving Licence(and counterpart) in hand and find out.

If this is your first ticket, you should be able to escape it by taking a speeding awareness course.

Anycase if this is your only offence in the past 12 months, make sure you pay the fine and not allow it to go to court.

You never know , you could be lucky and that flashing camera might well have an empty reel inside...
Cheers
vr