ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How many people have lost their british citizenship ?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

COOL-DUDE1980
Newly Registered

Post by COOL-DUDE1980 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:08 pm

My dob and place is incorrect in my passport when I was minor. However my nationality is correct.

Can that lead to refusal??

COOL-DUDE1980
Newly Registered

Post by COOL-DUDE1980 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:09 pm

My dob and place of birth recorded is incorrect in my passport when I was minor. However my nationality is correct.

Can that lead to refusal??

krisdigitx
Newly Registered

Post by krisdigitx » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:25 pm

Tonyb2 wrote:To Ayyubi72

Mate, thanks for your time in replying to my post.
I would appreciate if you could leave some room for other people to express their opinion, than rather reading all your quoted post.

thanks
Ayyubi72 wrote:
I agree that Toby2 made a mistake...but it does not mean he should not get a second chance, but also agree with others that one should not fake application data to get Citizenship..cause there are many hard working and truthful people..who deserve citizenship...

@Tonyb2 : i suggest you speak to a lawyer...as most people in this forum are looking to gain citizenship...not ruin it...

akhan25

Post by akhan25 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:31 pm

What will happen to thats person wife and kids who are citizens now are thet gonna take their citizenship as they got it thru that person who used deception. Its wrong ppl getting nationality by using deception and other has to worked hard to get it. But I guess somebodys been here 14 years they shud disregard it if that person has a clean record otherwise.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:44 pm

akhan25 wrote:What will happen to thats person wife and kids who are citizens now are thet gonna take their citizenship as they got it thru that person who used deception. Its wrong ppl getting nationality by using deception and other has to worked hard to get it. But I guess somebodys been here 14 years they shud disregard it if that person has a clean record otherwise.
Seems people have no pride in their Nationality anymore, just look on a map and pick the one they want.

Just glad my grandfather didn't feel the same in 1939, otherwise I might be American or something and the UK part of The Greater Reich...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Tonyb2
Newly Registered

Post by Tonyb2 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:03 pm

[7.10 Depriving Spouses and Civil Partners
55.7.10.1 A caseworker should consider depriving a spouse or civil partner of their British citizenship if the fraud under consideration was also material to his or her application for naturalisation, for example:
a. Mrs A, a Spanish national, applied for naturalisation in 2005 – this was a joint 6(1) application with her husband. Mrs A had entered the UK in 1999 and the couple had married in the UK in 2003. It has now emerged that her husband gained indefinite leave to remain in 2000 on the basis of being a Kosovan refugee, but was in fact Albanian. UKBA therefore plan to deprive him of his citizenship.
Recommended Decision - The deception took place before Mrs A married her husband, and so she could not be regarded as complicit in any deception that took place before the couple met. Citizenship was gained in her own right, rather than on the basis of marriage, and so we would not deprive.

quote="akhan25"]What will happen to thats person wife and kids who are citizens now are thet gonna take their citizenship as they got it thru that person who used deception. Its wrong ppl getting nationality by using deception and other has to worked hard to get it. But I guess somebodys been here 14 years they shud disregard it if that person has a clean record otherwise.[/quote]

akhan25

Post by akhan25 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:57 pm

And what about that person in question do he keep his ilr or he has not legal leave to be in uk. If its the latter then cant he apply on basis of 14 years of illigal residency.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:16 am

eagle_guy34 you state your relative was naturalised, thus, s(he) was not a minor on the date at which they applied for citizenship, thus, it can still be deprived. Although, this is subject to:
If a person was a minor on the date at which they acquired indefinite leave to remain and the false representation, concealment of material fact or fraud arose at that stage and the leave to remain led to the subsequent acquisition of citizenship we will not deprive of citizenship
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

eagle_guy34
Newly Registered

Post by eagle_guy34 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:38 am

Amber_ wrote:eagle_guy34 you state your relative was naturalised, thus, s(he) was not a minor on the date at which they applied for citizenship, thus, it can still be deprived. Although, this is subject to:
If a person was a minor on the date at which they acquired indefinite leave to remain and the false representation, concealment of material fact or fraud arose at that stage and the leave to remain led to the subsequent acquisition of citizenship we will not deprive of citizenship
nobody seems to know what is the difference between deprivation and null and void. null and void can be applied even after 30 years and it can effect all family member but on deprivation cases only the person who used deception will be deprived. don't confuse deception with null and void.
i wanted your opinion if this person's case should have fallen under deprivation rules as he used deception when claimed asylum or should his naturalisation be considered as null and void (never have taken place or never existed).

Tonyb2
Newly Registered

Post by Tonyb2 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:35 am

It's not the wife or Childers fault, that father has gave wrong info.
Any one born in UK and lived over 10 years in UK and doesn't hold any other passport HO can't cancel their passport.
Don't forget every case it's diffrent.

I know lots of people have won thru court.

As I said as long there is no crime committed and always been paying taxes no need to worry.
Human error happen. But it doesn't mean that error acured 16 years ago and now everyone shall suffer.

In the end of the day It's judge who decide not The HO.
If it was for HO to decide for everything I'm sure there will be no one left in the country.

Thanks for your time in replying to the post.

their
eagle_guy34 wrote:
Amber_ wrote:eagle_guy34 you state your relative was naturalised, thus, s(he) was not a minor on the date at which they applied for citizenship, thus, it can still be deprived. Although, this is subject to:
nobody seems to know what is the difference between deprivation and null and void. null and void can be applied even after 30 years and it can effect all family member but on deprivation cases only the person who used deception will be deprived. don't confuse deception with null and void.
i wanted your opinion if this person's case should have fallen under deprivation rules as he used deception when claimed asylum or should his naturalisation be considered as null and void (never have taken place or never existed).

gkolezi1
Newly Registered

Re: How many people have lost their british citizenship ?

Post by gkolezi1 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:48 pm

Tonyb2 how did it go? Did you get your passport back? I think when your citizenship was revoked was around 2007. So you would not have been in this country for 15 years

Tonyb2
Newly Registered

Post by Tonyb2 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:01 pm

gkolezi1 wrote:Tonyb2 how did it go? Did you get your passport back? I think when your citizenship was revoked was around 2007. So you would not have been in this country for 15 years

No passport
HO has refused to change my details.
I've been here 18 years.
Wife and children British, not sure what HO is trying to do, but I can assure that there is human rights and family life.

Good luck to people who are in same or worst position.

Tonyb2
Newly Registered

Post by Tonyb2 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:07 pm

gkolezi1 wrote:Tonyb2 how did it go? Did you get your passport back? I think when your citizenship was revoked was around 2007. So you would not have been in this country for 15 years
My British citizensh was nullified in April 2013

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:27 pm

The difference between deprivation and nullity is not that dissimilar to that between divorce and annulment.

Deprivation = You had a citizenship, but for some reason, it is brought to an end/cancelled.

Nullity = because the citizenship has no legal basis (because it has been issued to a person who is dead, but whose identity is stolen or because it was issued under a law to a person to whom that law does not apply), it never existed.

Nullity is not deprivation, because you can't deprive a person of a citizenship that never existed.

Typically, actions carried out before deprivation remain legal/valid (such as registering children as citizens while their parent was a citizen, before deprivation). As a nullity never existed, any actions based on it, such as registration of children, would fail too.