ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Notification - After UK Citizenship / Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

KMothPur

Notification - After UK Citizenship / Passport

Post by KMothPur » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:02 pm

Hi All,

Any idea to whom all are all we have to notify after getting UK Citizenship/Passport, like employer, electoral register..etc?

Is there list or anyone to share?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

VR

All marriage Bureaus in your homeland

Post by VR » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:58 pm

Are the only organisations to be informed, apart from updating your profile in all the dating sites!!! :lol:

Cheers
vr

KMothPur

Re: All marriage Bureaus in your homeland

Post by KMothPur » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:53 pm

VR wrote:Are the only organisations to be informed, apart from updating your profile in all the dating sites!!! :lol:

Cheers
vr
Oh ya... how come I forget about that :lol: Thanks for reminding though :D

Is there anything else officially to notify...? :wink:

akhan25

Post by akhan25 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:30 pm

You prob are a dual national u can say any of nationality u have but vrry most important one is ur employer as so they dont have to ask for proof every year as mine does but it willstopped now.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:55 pm

Don't forget to inform your barber. :lol:

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:00 pm

as most bank accounts and insurance policies ask you to keep your information currne twith them, it miht be a good idea to let them know.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

KMothPur

Post by KMothPur » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:05 pm

akhan25 wrote:You prob are a dual national u can say any of nationality u have but vrry most important one is ur employer as so they dont have to ask for proof every year as mine does but it willstopped now.
Thanks akhan25. Indeed, I notified for my employer and electoral register.....

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:07 pm

My personal experience is that banks, credit card companies etc have never asked for citizenship. Insurance companies do ask for length of residence in UK but not your citizenship. Perhaps the only update would be in electoral roll and that too when they send those forms once every year.

KMothPur

Post by KMothPur » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:08 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:Don't forget to inform your barber. :lol:
I think you forget about Morrisons, ASDA, Sainsbury, Fish & Chips... Aren't you, Ayyubi72? :?

KMothPur

Post by KMothPur » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:11 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:as most bank accounts and insurance policies ask you to keep your information currne twith them, it miht be a good idea to let them know.
Very good point about insurance companies.....Thanks wpilr_nov12.

KMothPur

Post by KMothPur » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:26 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:My personal experience is that banks, credit card companies etc have never asked for citizenship. Insurance companies do ask for length of residence in UK but not your citizenship. Perhaps the only update would be in electoral roll and that too when they send those forms once every year.
Good logical thinking about insurance companies......however updating insurance company is always good, especially if you have Life Insurance/Assurance.......I think so..
And, at the time of bank opening most probably we might have given our passport copy that says our nationality. So, now when the passport changes, we do need to update them isn't it?. Also Mortgage lender, if have one......

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:20 am

No. Not at all. Insurance companies do not ask for nationality. In nearly 16 years in UK and having all kind of insurances, personal or employment related, I have never been asked for citizenship.

The docs you submitted to bank were not to prove nationality but you I'D. So after naturalization if you somehow ceased to be the person you were when you opened the account, then you should update your bank with this new person that suddenly came into existence on the date of naturalization.

I think you are just too exited and kind of thinking that BC is some kind of a royal honour bestowed upon you, and you need to tell the world about it. But unfortunately it isn't so. You will notice that nothing has changed apart from when you decide to travel, and get to most places visa free.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:03 am

Ayyubi72 wrote:...You will notice that nothing has changed apart from when you decide to travel, and get to most places visa free.
And you can join (without guilt) a separate queue at the airport on arrival.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

KMothPur

Post by KMothPur » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:16 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:
I think you are just too exited and kind of thinking that BC is some kind of a royal honour bestowed upon you, and you need to tell the world about it. But unfortunately it isn't so. You will notice that nothing has changed apart from when you decide to travel, and get to most places visa free.
:lol: Although you are wrong for the above, as I am not as you mention above. It is not for telling to the world, "I am a BC, I am a BC, I am a BC" :lol: . It is just to what has to be done officially.

Anyway thanks for the rest.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:31 pm

KMothPur wrote:. It is just to what has to be done officially.

What needs to be done officially is "nothing". :lol:

KMothPur

Post by KMothPur » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:39 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:
KMothPur wrote:. It is just to what has to be done officially.

What needs to be done officially is "nothing". :lol:
That is good thing! :lol:

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:57 am

Good job mate. You have a sense of humour, and you appreciate and can take a few jokes. :lol: