ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship for Child born in UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rajee120

British Citizenship for Child born in UK

Post by rajee120 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:31 pm

Hello All,

I have a query regarding British Citizenship for a child born in UK. I recently got my ILR and my son was born here in the UK last year and I did not apply ILR for him and he is still on his dependent visa which is valid till March 2014. I would like to know when I should apply for his Citizenship? Should I apply as early as I can or immediately as he is on his dependent which is kind of invalid or it does not matter as he was born here and would be eligible for naturalization as I have my ILR?

Can you please let me know your opinions ?

Regards,
R

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:49 pm

I would say apply as soon as possible unless you have a reason not to apply now such as not having the funds at the moment or maybe you have other children born abroad and you would like to apply for them all together (it's cheaper that way).
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:27 pm

just do it now. I hope you remembered to send the child benefit form as well (separate issue though).
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

rajee120

Post by rajee120 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:05 pm

Hello wpilr_nov12,

What is the child benefit issue ? I am not aware of this. Can you please explain?

Regards,
R

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:13 pm

child benefit - there is a separate section here discussing benefits. you are eligible to claim it once you get ILR, and child BC is not a requirement.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.