ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:00 pm

Mid august applicant getting ILR now.

All to congrate

adrees246
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by adrees246 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:03 pm

Hope for the best for remaining Aug 2013 application :D

Pete249
Newly Registered

Home Office telephone number

Post by Pete249 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:37 pm

Hi all,

The number I used to call the Home Office is their standard enquiry number which is 08706067766. Worth noting that at times the line can get busy and call ended before having the opportunity to be connected. You'll just have to try again.

Also, I meant to post under 10 years route but my post ended in the main forum.

Here's my post from this lunch time.

Dear all,

As posted on 13/11/2013, I applied for for ILR usinf SET(LR) form on 5/11/2013. My application was received and payment taken out my credit card on 7/11/2013 after which I received acknowledgement letter on 13/11/2013. I was expecting to receive biometric letter fairly soon afterwards as some people have received biometric enrolment letter after a week of payment clearing. However, this is where the shoe pinches.

I rang the UKBA on their 0870 number on 25/11 and 4/12/2013 to check on how soon I could get the afore-mentioned letter but to my surprise I was told that my application has not been uploaded on their system. On both occasions, I provided them with UKBA reference number provided on acknowledgement letter, Royal Mail Special delivery tracking number (which shows that my application was received on 6/11/2013), Date of birth, Nationality and even previous UKBA reference number but all to no avail. They could not confirm that my application has been received even when I told them that it surely must have been received for them to have taken the money from my credit card. Anyway, the officer I spoke to on 4/12/2013 eventually told me after more that 20 minutes on the phone and several times being put on hold to make checks; that they were dealing with August applications and that I should just wait as they guideline states that it takes up to 6 months for a decision to be made. I was confused and a bit upset but I had to let go as I needed to go to work. But after reflecting on the whole situation, I decided to call again yesterday and this time, I told the officer on the phone that I understood that they well publicised guide line says that decision is provided within months or what have you but my query was not about a decision being made on my case but rather that I found it strange that I made an application using the right form and sent it to the right address and subsequently had fee taken out and acknowledgement letter sent to me since 13/11/2013; only to be told that none of their own activities (fee taken and acknowledgement letter) could be found on their system. Again i provided the officer in a calm manner all the details including Royal Mail SD number. At the end he agreed that there was something amiss and took a contact number stating that he would raise a query with the correct department and that someone would be in touch with me with 48 hours to let me know what is happening with my application.

I received a call this morning form another UKBA Officer who was very apologetic and stated that my application has now been uploaded on their system and that a biometric enrolment has been sent to me this morning and that I should receive it within next few days. I asked what had happened and the Officer stated that it was something to do with change made from 28/10/2013 which has affected their internal processes... I'm not sure if I was much convinced but the main thing for me is that my application is at last uploaded on their system and the biometric letter is on its way to me. This is a big relief to me as I am expecting to go for a few job interviews and new employer would have to made checks with UKBA as my passport is not with me at the moment and imagine UKBA telling them that actually we cannot see anything on our system...

I thought I should share this with you in case others finds themselves in this awful situation.

PS: In my original post, I stated that I have been in the UK since June 2003. This is an error as I have been lawfully in the UK since June 2002.

sadiq.wmin
Mood:
India

Re: Home Office telephone number

Post by sadiq.wmin » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:09 am

Just wondering if any of the Nov Application receive Bio Metric Letter ? ? ?

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:11 am

azaam wrote:I got my Ilr today.

Timeline:

Application Date: 09/08/2013

Ack: 16/08/2013

Bio letter received : 27/08/2013

Bio letter reported lost: 02/09/2013

RE Bio Letter Received : 03/10/2013

Bio registered: 04/10/2013

Brp Approved : 05/12/2013

Brp Received : 09/12/2013

I had 45 days gap before completing my 10 years. It means that it does not metter even if you have more than 28 days gap. But on the date of decision you should complete your qualifying period .

Thanx and good luck for the rest.
Congrats, that's great and absolutely wonderful.
I have 40 days gap making my 10th Anniversary ..... therefore so much confuse either to cover this tiny gap by making some application and then vary or just apply for ILR with this understanding; by the time CW look into my file I will cross 10 years time.

Anyways your case is an example for me and for many others. That will be great if you tell us what documents did you submit with your application. Thanks
N/A

sadiq.wmin
Mood:
India

Re: Home Office telephone number

Post by sadiq.wmin » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:16 am

I too Applied in Nov, payment taken on 11.11.2013, also received acknowlegement on 13.11.2013 still waiting for Bio Metric...

Do you think i should also cal HO to see what's happening with my Bio Metric Letter ?? ?

Pete249 wrote:Hi all,

The number I used to call the Home Office is their standard enquiry number which is 08706067766. Worth noting that at times the line can get busy and call ended before having the opportunity to be connected. You'll just have to try again.

Also, I meant to post under 10 years route but my post ended in the main forum.

Here's my post from this lunch time.

Dear all,

As posted on 13/11/2013, I applied for for ILR usinf SET(LR) form on 5/11/2013. My application was received and payment taken out my credit card on 7/11/2013 after which I received acknowledgement letter on 13/11/2013. I was expecting to receive biometric letter fairly soon afterwards as some people have received biometric enrolment letter after a week of payment clearing. However, this is where the shoe pinches.

I rang the UKBA on their 0870 number on 25/11 and 4/12/2013 to check on how soon I could get the afore-mentioned letter but to my surprise I was told that my application has not been uploaded on their system. On both occasions, I provided them with UKBA reference number provided on acknowledgement letter, Royal Mail Special delivery tracking number (which shows that my application was received on 6/11/2013), Date of birth, Nationality and even previous UKBA reference number but all to no avail. They could not confirm that my application has been received even when I told them that it surely must have been received for them to have taken the money from my credit card. Anyway, the officer I spoke to on 4/12/2013 eventually told me after more that 20 minutes on the phone and several times being put on hold to make checks; that they were dealing with August applications and that I should just wait as they guideline states that it takes up to 6 months for a decision to be made. I was confused and a bit upset but I had to let go as I needed to go to work. But after reflecting on the whole situation, I decided to call again yesterday and this time, I told the officer on the phone that I understood that they well publicised guide line says that decision is provided within months or what have you but my query was not about a decision being made on my case but rather that I found it strange that I made an application using the right form and sent it to the right address and subsequently had fee taken out and acknowledgement letter sent to me since 13/11/2013; only to be told that none of their own activities (fee taken and acknowledgement letter) could be found on their system. Again i provided the officer in a calm manner all the details including Royal Mail SD number. At the end he agreed that there was something amiss and took a contact number stating that he would raise a query with the correct department and that someone would be in touch with me with 48 hours to let me know what is happening with my application.

I received a call this morning form another UKBA Officer who was very apologetic and stated that my application has now been uploaded on their system and that a biometric enrolment has been sent to me this morning and that I should receive it within next few days. I asked what had happened and the Officer stated that it was something to do with change made from 28/10/2013 which has affected their internal processes... I'm not sure if I was much convinced but the main thing for me is that my application is at last uploaded on their system and the biometric letter is on its way to me. This is a big relief to me as I am expecting to go for a few job interviews and new employer would have to made checks with UKBA as my passport is not with me at the moment and imagine UKBA telling them that actually we cannot see anything on our system...

I thought I should share this with you in case others finds themselves in this awful situation.

PS: In my original post, I stated that I have been in the UK since June 2003. This is an error as I have been lawfully in the UK since June 2002.

RANA-ALI

Post by RANA-ALI » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:27 am

Hello every one , need some suggestion please
I have applied for my Ilr long residency on 12/11 , recived acknowledgement letter after few days but its nearly a month i haven't received my bio matric invitation yet , do u think H.O usually take this long on ilr(LR) or should i strat chasing it ?
I have resigned from my job on which i had tier 2 visa(also dependat visa for my wife as well valid till 2016), should i have to inform H.O about resignation
I have also applied for FLR(m) for my wife on 21/11/13 (asking to put her application on hold untill mine decided only beacuse i was resigning from my job on which we have visa)and for her application we recived acknowldement and biomatric letter few days after we applied( now my worries are, is this mean they already start working on her application even i ask them to put her application on hold until mine gets dealt with? Or is it their normal procedure ,
My question on flrm is
Do u think its wise to delay enroling her bio matric(letter dated 27/11) untill i get mine done as her case depenedts on my case
Also since i resign few das after her application , can this effect her application by any means? Btw I have started job with new employer now,
Guys i ll be really thankful for any feed back on above queries plz

sadiq.wmin
Mood:
India

Post by sadiq.wmin » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:55 am

Hi RANA-ALI,

I too waiting for Bio Metric letter applied on 11.11.2013, Don't know what these HO lads are up to.....

Hope we should receive at least before they go for a break....

RANA-ALI wrote:Hello every one , need some suggestion please
I have applied for my Ilr long residency on 12/11 , recived acknowledgement letter after few days but its nearly a month i haven't received my bio matric invitation yet , do u think H.O usually take this long on ilr(LR) or should i strat chasing it ?
I have resigned from my job on which i had tier 2 visa(also dependat visa for my wife as well valid till 2016), should i have to inform H.O about resignation
I have also applied for FLR(m) for my wife on 21/11/13 (asking to put her application on hold untill mine decided only beacuse i was resigning from my job on which we have visa)and for her application we recived acknowldement and biomatric letter few days after we applied( now my worries are, is this mean they already start working on her application even i ask them to put her application on hold until mine gets dealt with? Or is it their normal procedure ,
My question on flrm is
Do u think its wise to delay enroling her bio matric(letter dated 27/11) untill i get mine done as her case depenedts on my case
Also since i resign few das after her application , can this effect her application by any means? Btw I have started job with new employer now,
Guys i ll be really thankful for any feed back on above queries plz

azaam
Newly Registered

Post by azaam » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:51 pm

Tier 4 wrote:
azaam wrote:I got my Ilr today.

Timeline:

Application Date: 09/08/2013

Ack: 16/08/2013

Bio letter received : 27/08/2013

Bio letter reported lost: 02/09/2013

RE Bio Letter Received : 03/10/2013

Bio registered: 04/10/2013

Brp Approved : 05/12/2013

Brp Received : 09/12/2013

I had 45 days gap before completing my 10 years. It means that it does not metter even if you have more than 28 days gap. But on the date of decision you should complete your qualifying period .

Thanx and good luck for the rest.
Congrats, that's great and absolutely wonderful.
I have 40 days gap making my 10th Anniversary ..... therefore so much confuse either to cover this tiny gap by making some application and then vary or just apply for ILR with this understanding; by the time CW look into my file I will cross 10 years time.

Anyways your case is an example for me and for many others. That will be great if you tell us what documents did you submit with your application. Thanks
My passports, bank statements , pay slips, my three children birth certificates, two school going children school letters and covering letter to explain the situation that I am settled here with my family etc

meb4ne1

Post by meb4ne1 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:42 pm

FOR EVERYONE WAITING FOR BIOMETRIC!

Please read the thread and replies before asking about it, there are two posts above explaining one guy's experience:
I told the officer on the phone that I understood that they well publicised guide line says that decision is provided within months or what have you but my query was not about a decision being made on my case but rather that I found it strange that I made an application using the right form and sent it to the right address and subsequently had fee taken out and acknowledgement letter sent to me since 13/11/2013; only to be told that none of their own activities (fee taken and acknowledgement letter) could be found on their system. Again i provided the officer in a calm manner all the details including Royal Mail SD number. At the end he agreed that there was something amiss and took a contact number stating that he would raise a query with the correct department and that someone would be in touch with me with 48 hours to let me know what is happening with my application.

I received a call this morning form another UKBA Officer who was very apologetic and stated that my application has now been uploaded on their system and that a biometric enrolment has been sent to me this morning and that I should receive it within next few days. I asked what had happened and the Officer stated that it was something to do with change made from 28/10/2013 which has affected their internal processes...

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:56 pm

azaam wrote:
My passports, bank statements , pay slips, my three children birth certificates, two school going children school letters and covering letter to explain the situation that I am settled here with my family etc
That's great, enjoy your freedom.

Can I ask though; what made you stop applying for some other application and than vary it to ILR, rather than straight ILR despite this 45 days shortfall?
N/A

azaam
Newly Registered

Post by azaam » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:28 pm

Tier 4 wrote:
azaam wrote:
That's great, enjoy your freedom.

Can I ask though; what made you stop applying for some other application and than vary it to ILR, rather than straight ILR despite this 45 days shortfall?
If you see sticky previous post you will find some clue but I have read a conversation between the caseworker and the applicant on this fourm. Though he was
Tier 1 applicant but the situation was same. So don't worry go ahead.

Good luck

ellealicia
Newly Registered

Post by ellealicia » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:06 pm

Hey guys, I am new to the forum. Have a quick question about case allocation timeline.

I submitted my application in September, completed the biometrics in early October. I called the UKBA today to enquire about the progress of my application and was told that I haven't been allocated a caseworker yet. Is this normal? Should I be concerned?

Also my timeline is as follows:

Application Submitted: 18/09/2013

Acknowledgement: 20/09/2013

Biometric letter sent: 8/10/13

Biometric letter received : 10/10/2013

Biometric completed: 14/10/2013

Approval letter: Pending

BRP: Pending

Please add me to Skydrive. Thanks! And congrats to all those August applicants who have received their approvals before Christmas :D

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

ILR basis of 10 years rule under process

Post by amjadleeds » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:31 pm

Superstar789 wrote:Congrats

quote="setlrapplicant"]Just want to update that today i received my BRP

Application sent: 14 AUG 2013
ACK letter received: 19 AUG 2013 (date on letter is 16 AUG 2013)
Biometric letter received: 27 AUG 2013
Biometric done: 02 SEP 2013
Approval letter and Passport received: 07/12/13 (date on letter is 04/12/13)
BRP cards : 09/12/13
[/quote]

Hi congratulation on freedom, hope I will get one day, waiting from OCT 2012, just need your prayers.

Regards
Amjad leeds

RANA-ALI

Post by RANA-ALI » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:37 pm

Amjad my prayers are with u, i really wish u get ur ilr soon
Guys regarding my earlier query i have update wich i wish to share and would like ur input
Rung home office today , after 12 min wait , manage to speak to a polite lady , explaind to her that its a month since i applied and not recived biomatric invitation yet, i was surprised to hear that my application was not on there system at all , rather she could only see my dependant flr m application only which is sent about 2 week after my application , she checked against the reference number on my acknowledement letter , checked against my previous HO ref , date of birth and my name , my ILR application didn't show up at all ,
She said to wait another 2 week as it might take some time for our system to get updated, i ask her if its right to write to liverpool address regarding this , i was advice to still wait 2 weeks before contacting thm
I request all to share ur thoughts on this please ,

Farad
Newly Registered

Re: October Applicatant I received my Biometric Letter today

Post by Farad » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:12 am

My immigration status was student for 10 Years. I came in 26 October 2003 as a visitor and convert to student on 28/10/2003 and I received my first student visa on November 2003.
I send only Passport with all stamps and Visa, and my last Biometrics card, Letter from my work status time of work and Life in UK Test.

I rang HOffice on 26/12/2013 they told me that my application is not there system. SILLY
I rang today on 05/12/13 concern the Biometric letter. They told me they don't know why this has not been send to me.SILLY JOKE
I make a request over the phone with them. NOW WAIT AGAIN.

I don't understand Why some applicant of October MY Friends they already got there Biometric letter it within 2 weeks. Solicitor Applicant

I've Pay via Debit Card, For taking money they are good mate.
My point is some applicants apply just 2 days before me, hey already got there Biometric Letter and done it aswell. SOUND WIERD MATE
If you have a fax number for HOME OFFICE LIVERPOOL give it to me please.
There are taking the Mikky with me. Let them by now, If they mess about me with my application or lost. They will paid for that.

To All My Brother and Sister of October 2013 Applicants.

I received my Biometric Letter Today.

Application Sent: 18/10/2013

Acknowledgement letter: 21/10/2013. Received on 24/10/2013

Payment Taken out : 24/10/2013 Via BANK DEBIT CARD

Biometrics letter received: Its was date on 09/12/2013, Received on 12/12/2013

Biometrics enrolled: On 13/12/2013

Approved Date (On Letter): STILL WAITING

Passport/Approval Letter Received: STILL WAITING

Biometric Card Received: STILL WAITING[/quote]

Its was date on 09/12/2013, Received on 12/12/2013, Its so Silly for them to send this as second class, Now only 10days to do this. As we Paid £1051, for the service.
Its take 7 weeks from the Payment had been clear.
Now tomorrow I will go and do it.
We all need to make Doah and Pray for each others.

In Sha Allah, You Will Get Your Biometric Letter In The Nearly Days.
I will UPDATES YOU THE NEXT STEP.
Now the next step is Wait And Wait after New Years.

Have a wonderful Christmas and New Years 2014 To ALL OF YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

Best Regards

From Farad :D
Last edited by Farad on Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gbengi
Newly Registered

10 Yrs LR - Urgent Query

Post by gbengi » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:02 pm

Hi All,

Am a dependant on my wife. We applied for ILR and it was refused with a right to appeal. We have put in the appeal and am included but I want to vary my application

I have read 3C and 3D and I have also consulted immigration solicitors.

You cannot sumbit any application if you have on going appeal

I was told the only way forward for me to apply for my 10 yrs LR in UK as I have on going appeal and I am a PBS dependant, Once I qualify for my 10 yrs LR. I will have to withdraw my appeal first and lodge a fresh application within 28 days for my 10 yrs LR in UK.

Please all the gurus in this forum let me know if the above information is correct by the solicitor.
Thank you.

GMHAMARF
Newly Registered

Post by GMHAMARF » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:51 pm

RANA-ALI wrote:Amjad my prayers are with you; I really wish you get your ILR soon.

Guys regarding my earlier query, I've an update which I wish to share and would like your input - I rang Home Office today. After 12 mins wait, manage to speak to a polite lady. She explained to her that it is a month since I applied and not received biometric invitation yet, I was surprised to hear that my application was not on there system at all. Rather she could only see my dependent FLR(M) application only which is sent about 2 week after my application. She checked against the reference number on my acknowledgement letter, checked against my previous HO reference, date of birth, and my name, my ILR application didn't show up at all.

She asked me to wait another 2 weeks as it might take sometime for their system to get updated; I asked her if it is right to write to Liverpool address regarding this ? I was adviced to still wait 2 weeks before contacting them.

I request all to share your thoughts on this please.
Hello suffering applicants!

Just now, I found out the following:

URL: www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/navigation/foi/

E-mail: freedom.informationteam@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Tel. No.: +442086038316.

Fax No.:+442081963172.

Let's pray and hope that thru any of these channels we get some sort of answer at last!

Good luck and best wishes!!!

lucky13

Re: Any June applicants???

Post by lucky13 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:21 pm

Signed! Thanks
GMHAMARF wrote:
Landcruiser wrote:Any June applicants still waiting??? :cry:
I had a valid student visa expiring in: December 2012; I was 'detained' by UKBA on: 16/May/2012 and they 'revoked' my 'student visa.'

I filed Judicial Review Claim in the High Court; they gave me temporary admission on: 11/July/2012 because of that.

The High Court sealed a "Form of Consent" between us and TSol on: 25/October/2012 confirming UKBA was willing to reconsider my case; that's why, I withdrew the Judicial Review Claim from the High Court.

Since until 18/June/2013, UKBA didn't give any decision regarding the reconsideration, I qualified for '10 year legal status' and respectively applied for ILR.

Application Sent: 18/June/2013.

Acknowledgement letter: 20/June/2013.

Biometrics letter received: 04/July/2013.

Biometrics done: 09/July/2013.

Approved date (on letter): STILL WAITING. :cry:

Passport/approval letter: STILL WAITING. :cry:

ILR card: STILL WAITING. :cry:

This morning, I rang UKBA on 08706067766 but they asked me to wait until I hear anything from them; the adviser specifically stated that currently, August '13 applications are processing. Why mine one has no decision until date? He didn't know advising me to wait patiently! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Please sign the e-petition organised by TNT magazine (www.tntmagazine.com/news/uk) in order to ask UKBA to organize visa application processes. http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/46771

Just now, I enquired with Sunrise Solicitors (206 Merton High Street, South Wimbledon, London, SW19 1AX) regarding my case; they said, as my student visa was initially curtailed by UKBA followed by the re-consideration decision of theirs, unless the 1st decision is my favor, I'm not eligible to qualify for ILR. Any help/suggestion?

mycanal1

Re: FLR M and SET M both the same day

Post by mycanal1 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:39 pm

Would you please forward/copy me the home office letter please.
mycanal@yahoo.com
or copy paste here. I will be in the same situation in few months.
I asked few lawyers and all gave me conflicting advice.
saanju9 wrote:
Khall75 wrote:Asalam I Alakum and good morning to all,
Yesterday I had an appointment at Cardiff enquiry office for my mrs FLR m. Went to the window and the young DIY on the desk as me for the form and the supporting documents. After going through all the stuff for just few minutes he said u will get ur FLR m and have to wait for another 2 years before applying for ILR. Then I had a few minutes discussion with him and told him she has been with me in uk from the last 6 and a half years first as a student dependent till 2008 and then for 2 years as a PSW dependent till 2011, and tier 1 general dependent till now and that visa will expire in July 2013. I explained to him article 287 a and b to which he was shaking his head. Then I showed him one of the e-mail which I had from the home office enquiries office.
Then he asked me ok have you got set m on you and I said yes. I was asked to fill it while I was sitting with him on the desk. While I was filling the form he asked for the payment page from set m and I gave it to him. He asked for couple of more documents which I gave to him. In total for both forms he took 3 utility bills, 3 bank stat, employers letter for both of us, couple of payslips both of us and that's it. Was asked to go and come back after 4pm. Went to the Cardiff castle with the kids and when came back I was given ILR confirmation letter and told that BRP will be posted in 7 days. Special thanks to Damanisshallo who helped me with every thing till the last minutes and because of him I was able to book an appointment. It's all done and dusted now. Thanks to everyone on the forum for the help they provided.i will be with u people on the forum permanently to help those who needs it.
Thanks again

Thats called luck in purest form

Where did you get it.. through us some of it please

Saa

shabba_kaka

Re: FLR M and SET M both the same day

Post by shabba_kaka » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:04 pm

Dear Mycanal1
Would you please share the copy of home office letter.
so many people are in the same situation.
Thanks

Shahkakaram

Re: Any June applicants???

Post by Shahkakaram » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:27 pm

lucky13 wrote:Signed! Thanks
GMHAMARF wrote:
Landcruiser wrote:Any June applicants still waiting??? :cry:
I had a valid student visa expiring in: December 2012; I was 'detained' by UKBA on: 16/May/2012 and they 'revoked' my 'student visa.'

I filed Judicial Review Claim in the High Court; they gave me temporary admission on: 11/July/2012 because of that.

The High Court sealed a "Form of Consent" between us and TSol on: 25/October/2012 confirming UKBA was willing to reconsider my case; that's why, I withdrew the Judicial Review Claim from the High Court.

Since until 18/June/2013, UKBA didn't give any decision regarding the reconsideration, I qualified for '10 year legal status' and respectively applied for ILR.

Application Sent: 18/June/2013.

Acknowledgement letter: 20/June/2013.

Biometrics letter received: 04/July/2013.

Biometrics done: 09/July/2013.

Approved date (on letter): STILL WAITING. :cry:

Passport/approval letter: STILL WAITING. :cry:

ILR card: STILL WAITING. :cry:

This morning, I rang UKBA on 08706067766 but they asked me to wait until I hear anything from them; the adviser specifically stated that currently, August '13 applications are processing. Why mine one has no decision until date? He didn't know advising me to wait patiently! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Please sign the e-petition organised by TNT magazine (www.tntmagazine.com/news/uk) in order to ask UKBA to organize visa application processes. http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/46771

Just now, I enquired with Sunrise Solicitors (206 Merton High Street, South Wimbledon, London, SW19 1AX) regarding my case; they said, as my student visa was initially curtailed by UKBA followed by the re-consideration decision of theirs, unless the 1st decision is my favor, I'm not eligible to qualify for ILR. Any help/suggestion?

Dear LUCKY /GMHAMARF

May i know how GMHAMARF was detained by UKBA ?? at airport?
if you don't mind to share with us all story ?

if it is so its means UKBA can revoked the valid visa ?and under which cirumstances they are doing so ?

Thanks

Ashblackhawk
Newly Registered

Post by Ashblackhawk » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:24 pm

Hi Guys,

Finally received my BRP today from HO.

My timeline again is as follows:

Date of Application: 16th August 2013
Date on Acknowledgement letter: 20th August 2013
Payment taken from bank: 23rd August 2013 (paid by Cheque)
Letter received: 26th August 2013
Biometric invitation date: 4th September 2013
Biometric done: 11th September 2013
ILR approval letter: 10th December 2013
BRP received: 12th December 2013

Goodluck to all applicants.

Thanks to all the Guru's and good souls who provide the valuable guidance here.

Ash

Ashblackhawk
Newly Registered

Post by Ashblackhawk » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:28 pm

Hi Khall75,

Could you please post the HO letter here or send it to a.raval@gmail.com
Khall75 wrote:
Asalam I Alakum and good morning to all,
Yesterday I had an appointment at Cardiff enquiry office for my mrs FLR m. Went to the window and the young DIY on the desk as me for the form and the supporting documents. After going through all the stuff for just few minutes he said u will get ur FLR m and have to wait for another 2 years before applying for ILR. Then I had a few minutes discussion with him and told him she has been with me in uk from the last 6 and a half years first as a student dependent till 2008 and then for 2 years as a PSW dependent till 2011, and tier 1 general dependent till now and that visa will expire in July 2013. I explained to him article 287 a and b to which he was shaking his head. Then I showed him one of the e-mail which I had from the home office enquiries office.
Then he asked me ok have you got set m on you and I said yes. I was asked to fill it while I was sitting with him on the desk. While I was filling the form he asked for the payment page from set m and I gave it to him. He asked for couple of more documents which I gave to him. In total for both forms he took 3 utility bills, 3 bank stat, employers letter for both of us, couple of payslips both of us and that's it. Was asked to go and come back after 4pm. Went to the Cardiff castle with the kids and when came back I was given ILR confirmation letter and told that BRP will be posted in 7 days. Special thanks to Damanisshallo who helped me with every thing till the last minutes and because of him I was able to book an appointment. It's all done and dusted now. Thanks to everyone on the forum for the help they provided.i will be with u people on the forum permanently to help those who needs it.
Thanks again
My case is exactly as above except my wife is tier-2 dependent after being student and psw dependent.

Thanks

Ash

asjid73
Pakistan

Post by asjid73 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:05 am

Dear Home Office,

Could you please help and advice me,

I (the Main applicant) have been granted ILR on the basis of ten years long residency and my dependent had a Tier 1 (PSW) status up till 31st July, 2014
My questions are,

1- Do I need to show (18,600) income threshold for her FLR (M) visa as she came very first time on student dependent in UK in March 2006?

2- After switching to FLR (M), can she apply for ILR immediately as she already had spent two years as a dependent? And will the years spent on PBS dependent (Student and PSW) granted entry clearance on prior to July 2012 rules count towards the qualifying period?

3- Could you please mention the immigration rules to substantiate your reply?

Thanking you in advance.
(Home office replied)
Dear Mr ---------

Thank you for your email dated 24 June 2013. Your enquiry has been forwarded to Home Office Public Enquiries because it is not a policy enquiry.

Please be advised that if your dependant was granted a Tier 1 (PSW) dependant visa prior to the 9th July 2012, she may apply for a spouse Leave to Remain under the rules in place for Partners who applied on or before 8 July 2012 and would not need to show the £18,600 financial requirement.
If your dependant has also completed two years in the Uk as a Tier 1(PSW) dependant, she can also apply for settlement after she gets her spouse under paragraph 284 (b) of the rules. Please be advised that time spent as student dependant is excluded.

For further information please visit the Home office website at:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... spouse-cp/

Yours sincerely,
Edward Henry