ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER VISA EXTENSION - 2nd time

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

muthamesthri

TIER VISA EXTENSION - 2nd time

Post by muthamesthri » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:15 am

Hi,

I have a situation here.
I have recently completed five years in UK but I was not able to apply for PR as I was away from UK. Even now I am in India, but VISA is valid till August 2015.
I am plannning to come to UK in April 2014 and planning to work there for another 1 year and then planning to get my VISA extended in August 2015.

Could you please tell me Can I get my VISA extended for second time after securing required points? Is there any policy changes that restrict me from extending my visa?
For how many years they will extend my VISA? actually mine was 2+3 years extension. so now will they extend it for 3 years? or 2 years?

Thanks Gurus
MM

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:13 am

Under current rules you should be able to get an extension and it will be for 3 years. You can also combine your Indian and UK earnings to claim points for previous earnings if needed. There will be no uplift ratio applied to your Indian earnings, just simple conversion from INR to GBP.

muthamesthri

Post by muthamesthri » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:21 pm

sts96508 wrote:Under current rules you should be able to get an extension and it will be for 3 years. You can also combine your Indian and UK earnings to claim points for previous earnings if needed. There will be no uplift ratio applied to your Indian earnings, just simple conversion from INR to GBP.
Thanks for your reply mate. Hope there wont be any problem with Immigration team at airport.

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:57 am

there shouldn't be any problems at the airport, search the forum and you will find instances of people who visited couple of days before visa expiry, only to renew their visa and leave.

if some of the rumours in this forum are to be believed, immigration officials can be rude/intimidating. you simply have to stand your ground, stick to the truth and not be ruffled.