ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can we apply FLR(M) and SET(M) on the same day?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mycanal1

can we apply FLR(M) and SET(M) on the same day?

Post by mycanal1 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:14 pm

Dear sir/madam,
I have applied for ILR based on 10 years long residence, by post.
I would like to ask about my spouse that

1-my wife applied for PSW dependent on April 2012 and received PSW dependent on Aug 2012 and before that she had been student dependent for 7 years continuously. Would the time she spend as my dependent in last years be used for fulfilling the time for Flr(M) and set(M) application? since we applied before July 2012 on PBS.
2-can she apply FLR(M) and SET(M) be applied on the same day at PEO by paying for both application.
3-Would pre-July 2012 condition apply to us for income requirement? or we must meet £18600 requirement.

Thank you
Last edited by mycanal1 on Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:28 pm

You can't make a long residence settlement application at the PEO.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:43 pm

I think he wanted to ask that after he gets his ILR, can his wife then apply for FlrM and Set M same day at PEO. (The answer is no.)

He also wants to know whether for his wife's FlrM application, would the old critieria be used or the new financail requirement of £ 18600.

special_member
Newly Registered

Re: can we apply FLR(M) and SET(M) on the same day?

Post by special_member » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:33 pm

Can someone please reply to this post. I have the same question actually and it would have helped me and God know how many others if this post had been looked up properly before. Many thanks!!

special_member
Newly Registered

Post by special_member » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:51 pm

Could someone please please and please reply to this post. Thanks a lot!!!

ahyang0129

Post by ahyang0129 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:47 pm

1. yes,
2. most likely no
3. no

please read this post carefully and apply for the dependent's FLR(M) NOW.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:01 pm

Shahjee I already explain my story here same day when I came back but for you I am explaining in short words.
Book app for set(m) direct paid online.
On the day of app I took both form set (m) and flr(m) fully prepared as I came under old rules so no financial threshold applies on me
Submitted set(m) with all requirements
After an hour case worker call us and told us that I have to first apply for flr and then set m and she said as u have still valid visa till 28 feb go back home and apply again because u came under new rules and you have to show income threshold (this clears that dependent visa remain valid till it's validity). I am here since 2006 so I object that I came under old rules and she disagree .
Then I show here home office mail which I receive as reply to my query and it's clearly mention that I came under old rules no financial requirement.then they took that mail discuss with senior and came back said ok submit your flr pay here at counter and we will first issue you flr visa and them ILR .so I did the same pay 950 fee for flr and submit flr as well.

After 20 mint they called me and said my case is successful.got ILR brp on 5 feb .hope this helps .

This is what I write about my peo story under 10 year postal application topic .they stop doing this in Croydon office as after me someone go to Croydon on 6 feb and they issue him only flr and asked him to com back again when he got brp only then he can apply for set(m)
ss

ahyang0129

Post by ahyang0129 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:19 am

ahyang0129 wrote:1. yes,
2. most likely no
3. no

please read this post carefully and apply for the dependent's FLR(M) NOW.
i miss read the original post. it should be yes for the third question, ie, pre-July 2012 condition applies.