ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sadiq.wmin
Mood:
India

Post by sadiq.wmin » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:22 am

Today I called HO on : Phone: 0870 606 7766

Told them i applied for SET(LR) on 11.11.2013 but still didn't received BIO METRIC LETTER.

After giving my Reference from Acknowledgement letter - Lady Said No information is loaded. Then i mention Money is taken from my account month ago, got Ack letter still you saying no info....

So i gave Royal mail Reference - She said No information is loaded...

She said you have to wait , i ask her how long should i wait, she said in this cases we dealt 99% of application within 6 months...

I said, do i have to wait for 6 months for Bio metric letter or ?

Then she ask my surname, first name , Nationality and dob then said, still no info.... She said the department is different, we can't do anything unless they upload into the system etc etc.....

Don't know what to do now except waiting...

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

need your assistance

Post by SSWSZ » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:37 am

.thanks a lot for sharing this its really helpful for us and give us hope .I am in exactly same situation .can you plz give me the homeoffice email id so I want to confirm it again for my reference.I got tier 1 dependent visa on 28 feb 2011.I call home office maybe 20 times and I got 200 different answers .now I want written proof so plz share homeoffice email id.
thanks alot

asjid73 wrote:Dear Home Office,

Could you please help and advice me,

I (the Main applicant) have been granted ILR on the basis of ten years long residency and my dependent had a Tier 1 (PSW) status up till 31st July, 2014
My questions are,

1- Do I need to show (18,600) income threshold for her FLR (M) visa as she came very first time on student dependent in UK in March 2006?

2- After switching to FLR (M), can she apply for ILR immediately as she already had spent two years as a dependent? And will the years spent on PBS dependent (Student and PSW) granted entry clearance on prior to July 2012 rules count towards the qualifying period?

3- Could you please mention the immigration rules to substantiate your reply?

Thanking you in advance.
(Home office replied)
Dear Mr ---------

Thank you for your email dated 24 June 2013. Your enquiry has been forwarded to Home Office Public Enquiries because it is not a policy enquiry.

Please be advised that if your dependant was granted a Tier 1 (PSW) dependant visa prior to the 9th July 2012, she may apply for a spouse Leave to Remain under the rules in place for Partners who applied on or before 8 July 2012 and would not need to show the £18,600 financial requirement.
If your dependant has also completed two years in the Uk as a Tier 1(PSW) dependant, she can also apply for settlement after she gets her spouse under paragraph 284 (b) of the rules. Please be advised that time spent as student dependant is excluded.

For further information please visit the Home office website at:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... spouse-cp/

Yours sincerely,
Edward Henry
ss

RANA-ALI

Post by RANA-ALI » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:58 pm

sadiq.wmin wrote:Today I called HO on : Phone: 0870 606 7766

Told them i applied for SET(LR) on 11.11.2013 but still didn't received BIO METRIC LETTER.

After giving my Reference from Acknowledgement letter - Lady Said No information is loaded. Then i mention Money is taken from my account month ago, got Ack letter still you saying no info....

So i gave Royal mail Reference - She said No information is loaded...
Thats what exactly they told me , she did mention to try ringing us again in couple of week time, i suggest is it ok to write ilr department in liverpool , she said yes u can since u have acknowl. Ref no. U can mention it in ur letter, as she could only check the progress or what ever info shows up on their system, they have no authority to either chase up or could help individuals case

Badman87

Post by Badman87 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:09 pm

Your case does not get allocated to a caseworker until the particular month you applied in is currently being processed. I'm a September applicant as well, 16th to be precise. I don't expect it to be allocated until they wanna process it. Ps, why did you call?! They said not to call until after 6 months! Current processing time is 16-17 weeks, therefore with Xmas holidays and new year in mind, you should expect to receive it end of January max.
ellealicia wrote:Hey guys, I am new to the forum. Have a quick question about case allocation timeline.

I submitted my application in September, completed the biometrics in early October. I called the UKBA today to enquire about the progress of my application and was told that I haven't been allocated a caseworker yet. Is this normal? Should I be concerned?

Also my timeline is as follows:

Application Submitted: 18/09/2013

Acknowledgement: 20/09/2013

Biometric letter sent: 8/10/13

Biometric letter received : 10/10/2013

Biometric completed: 14/10/2013

Approval letter: Pending

BRP: Pending

Please add me to Skydrive. Thanks! And congrats to all those August applicants who have received their approvals before Christmas :D

zabizabi

Post by zabizabi » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:28 pm

ANY NEWS TODAY GUYS.WHAT HAPPEN TO AUG END APPLICANTS STILL WAITING, COME ON GIVE US THIS ILR SO WE CAN ALSO ENJOY NEW YEAR LOL

adrees246
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by adrees246 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:40 pm

IS HO gone on holiday ?

nadeemiqbal

Post by nadeemiqbal » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:33 pm

Hi everyone

Just a quick update. Called HO on 11/12/13 to find out what date applications are under process for ILR (LR). They are still processing august 2013 applications.

And for average processing time they are saying 95% with in six months.

Any one with the latest update please share !!!!?

Any one got ILR today please share your time line

Cheers

zabizabi

Post by zabizabi » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:02 pm

[quote="nadeemiqbal"]Hi everyone

Just a quick update. Called HO on 11/12/13 to find out what date applications are under process for ILR (LR). They are still processing august 2013 applications.

So now finger cross for 95 %.luckiest lotto draw being in the group of 95%

Raaj21
Newly Registered

ILR received

Post by Raaj21 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:05 pm

Hi All,

I've been a silent reader and this forum has provided great insight, assistance and guidelines. Kudos to the owners and members contributing towards this great forum.

I recently received my ILR.

Please update the Skydrive with my details for the benefit of all.

4 yrs student + 2 yrs PSW + Tier 4 yrs
Application sent: 15 AUG 2013
ACK letter received: 23 AUG 2013 (date on letter is 19 AUG 2013)
Biometric letter received: 30 AUG 2013
Biometric done: 02 SEP 2013
Approval letter and Passport received: 10/12/13 (date on letter is 09/12/13) Collected from RM Depot on 11/12/13
BRP cards : awaiting (quoted 7 workings days in a seperate parcel)

It was via Royal Mail recorded delivery. I think they've started using RM and no longer use DX which I believe were a real pain to deal with. I've had previous visas delivered through them.

I supplied Passports x2, LITUK test, photo and copies of all the passports. Think that's all. Got back the test results.

Now shall have to wait for 12 months to get naturalisation done.

All the best for all those waiting. Hang in there - there's hope.

Raaj21

Lalla
Newly Registered

Re: ILR received

Post by Lalla » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:09 pm

Raaj21 wrote:Hi All,

I've been a silent reader and this forum has provided great insight, assistance and guidelines. Kudos to the owners and members contributing towards this great forum.

I recently received my ILR.

Please update the Skydrive with my details for the benefit of all.

4 yrs student + 2 yrs PSW + Tier 4 yrs
Application sent: 15 AUG 2013
ACK letter received: 23 AUG 2013 (date on letter is 19 AUG 2013)
Biometric letter received: 30 AUG 2013
Biometric done: 02 SEP 2013
Approval letter and Passport received: 10/12/13 (date on letter is 09/12/13) Collected from RM Depot on 11/12/13
BRP cards : awaiting (quoted 7 workings days in a seperate parcel)

It was via Royal Mail recorded delivery. I think they've started using RM and no longer use DX which I believe were a real pain to deal with. I've had previous visas delivered through them.

I supplied Passports x2, LITUK test, photo and copies of all the passports. Think that's all. Got back the test results.

Now shall have to wait for 12 months to get naturalisation done.

All the best for all those waiting. Hang in there - there's hope.

Raaj21
CONGRATS

zabizabi

Post by zabizabi » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:13 pm

[quote="nadeemiqbal"]Hi everyone

So now finger cross for 95 %.luckiest lotto draw being in the group of 95%

akb titu
Newly Registered

Post by akb titu » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:41 pm

cool so they havent left me behind n jump on september groups

one question springs to my mind do they process in biometric enrolment date order or application making date. cos i applied 05 august but my bio done 14/09/2013 n i see some applied on 15/08/2013 n they got ilr but their bio done few weeks before me.so if anybody got something to clarify this please kindly remove our confusion.
nadeemiqbal wrote:Hi everyone

Cheers
8) 8)

bhargav.ganti
Newly Registered

Please Update on Skydrive

Post by bhargav.ganti » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:20 pm

Hello Guys,

Finally my wife`s application for ILR under 10 years long residence route was successful. Below are the details.

SET(LR) Applicaiton posted on - 25-Jul-13
Payment/Acknowledgement received - 29-Jul-13
Biometrics Done - 13-Aug-13
ILR/BRP received - 5-dec-13 (Dated 3-Dec-13)

It was splendid going thru posts and suggestions..

I have also successfully applied for FLR(M) and then SET(M) in croydon PEO and got myself ILR as well. I came to UK first in Sep-11 as PBS migrant dependant.. So yes, the transitional arrangement works for dependants who came before 9-Jul-12.

Happy to help.

PS - The UKBA staff in croydon were super duper helpful..

JTF2007

Post by JTF2007 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:39 pm

akb titu wrote:cool so they havent left me behind n jump on september groups

one question springs to my mind do they process in biometric enrolment date order or application making date. cos i applied 05 august but my bio done 14/09/2013 n i see some applied on 15/08/2013 n they got ilr but their bio done few weeks before me.so if anybody got something to clarify this please kindly remove our confusion.
nadeemiqbal wrote:Hi everyone

Cheers
8) 8)
Hi there,

same situation I am in , I have done my Biometric on 17-09-2013 but applied 12-Aug-2013, had a little issue with fee paid 1050 instead of 1051, received letter from HO to pay remaining 1 pound 2nd payment taken on 11-09-2013, so my opinion is they are sorting application by biometric date.

good luck all applicant and remember me in your prayers

azaam
Newly Registered

Post by azaam » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:53 pm

hi guys,

anybody knows HO e-mail contact address regarding settlement????

988trader
Newly Registered

Post by 988trader » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:43 pm

Why are people ringing the HO to ask about trvial things, when clearly they have asked not to and that 95% of the applications are decided within six months, is the HO standard reply.. it seems people are ringing for pity issues.. Majority on here have been to Universities for 5 to 8 years (by now every one must be a scientist..lol), and are mature.. chillout guys you will get your documents back within six months if not then you can start bugging the HO.

meb4ne1

Post by meb4ne1 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:50 pm

People are ringing home office because they are not getting their biometric letter. You usually get it in first 3-5 weeks.

It is because of their new system bought in at the end of October. Seems like they have messed up and have a massive backlog of applications that haven't been entered into the system.

Someone posted here how he complained to HO on the phone, and he got someone to ring him back and apologise for the delay. They had entered his application in the system in a day and a biometric letter was sent out.

RANA-ALI

Re: Please Update on Skydrive

Post by RANA-ALI » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 pm

bhargav.ganti wrote:Hello Guys,

Finally my wife`s application for ILR under 10 years long residence route was successful. Below are the details.

I have also successfully applied for FLR(M) and then SET(M) in croydon PEO and got myself ILR as well. I came to UK first in Sep-11 as PBS migrant dependant.. So yes, the transitional arrangement works for dependants who came before 9-Jul-12.

Happy to help.

PS - The UKBA staff in croydon were super duper helpful..
That brilliant , congrats buddy
Would u like to share with us what did u mention while applying set (m) straight after flr m, did u have to explain the transitional rule to case worker ?
Or did u take a letter stating about transitional provision ,
Can u please share what exact wording u use to probably convince Cw
I think it will be better if u write down ur peo experince , which could be really helpful for me and others
Many thanks

Shogun75

Has my continuous residence been broken?

Post by Shogun75 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:53 pm

Hello,

Can anyone or guru help on the following?

On 28/06/2006, I submitted FLR(S) in person at a PEO - This was rejected because University admission letter was more than 1 month old.

My visa expired on 30/06/2006.

On the 19/07/2006 I sent a postal application with a fresh University admission letter.

On the 03/08/2006, the HO returned my application because they couldn't take the payment and gave me 28 days to resubmit it otherwise the application will be invalidated. I resent the file with front & back copy of my Credit Card and the payment was collected on the 07/08/2006.

On the 24/08/2006, the HO returned my application again, because they could not read "Start & End Day" of my University Course on my supporting documents (a lot of them!!). They gave me 28 days to resubmit it otherwise the application will be invalidated. I resent the file on the 25/08/2006 pointing out the reference of my University letter "Start & End Day". The University is DFES recognised and within Top 20 of UK League Table.

The HO granted student visa on the 10/10/2006. The Home Office archived obtained through SAR shows a copy of FLR(S) form received by them on the 20/07/2006, VALIDATED by charging team on 03/08/2006 and VALIDATED by Caseworker on 24/08/2006.

I never received any letter at any moment during the application process saying my application was INVALID. There is also no mention of INVALID anywhere on the copy of the archived FLR(S) form and no fees were ever refunded.

Now the HO is refusing my 10-years ILR because they said I've got a single gap between the 30/06/2006 and 10/10/2006. Is that correct? Has anyone experienced something like that? I submitted the 10 years ILR on 18/06/2013 as a variation of a Tier 1 (General) Appeal.

Farad
Newly Registered

Re: October Applicatant I received my Biometric Letter today

Post by Farad » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:36 pm

Farad wrote:My immigration status was student for 10 Years. I came in 26 October 2003 as a visitor and convert to student on 28/10/2003 and I received my first student visa on November 2003.
I send only Passport with all stamps and Visa, and my last Biometrics card, Letter from my work status time of work and Life in UK Test.

I've Pay via Debit Card, For taking money they are good mate.
My point is some applicants apply just 2 days before me, hey already got there Biometric Letter and done it aswell. SOUND WIERD MATE
If you have a fax number for HOME OFFICE LIVERPOOL give it to me please.
There are taking the Mikky with me. Let them by now, If they mess about me with my application or lost. They will paid for that.

To All My Brother and Sister of October 2013 Applicants.

I received my Biometric Letter Today.
Application Sent: 18/10/2013
Acknowledgement letter: 21/10/2013. Received on 24/10/2013
Payment Taken out : 24/10/2013 Via BANK DEBIT CARD
Biometrics letter received: Its was date on 09/12/2013, Received on 12/12/2013
Biometrics enrolled: On 13/12/2013
Approved Date (On Letter): STILL WAITING :(
Passport/Approval Letter Received: STILL WAITING :(
Biometric Card Received: STILL WAITING
:(

We all need to make Doah and Pray for each others.

In Sha Allah, We all Will Get Our Result in Nearly months.
I will UPDATES YOU THE NEXT STEP.
Now the next step is Wait And Wait after New Years.

Best Regards

From Farad :D[/quote]
Last edited by Farad on Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Miangee

Post by Miangee » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:29 pm

[quote="RANA-ALI"][quote="bhargav.ganti"]Hello Guys,

Happy to help.

PS - The UKBA staff in croydon were super duper helpful..[/quote]
That brilliant , congrats buddy
Would u like to share with us what did u mention while applying set (m) straight after flr m, did u have to explain the transitional rule to case worker ?
Or did u take a letter stating about transitional provision ,
Can u please share what exact wording u use to probably convince Cw
I think it will be better if u write down ur peo experince , which could be really helpful for me and others
Many thanks[/quote]

Hi
Ranaali congratulation
Can u plz share which category of PBS you were enter and did you pay fees for flr m first and then set m on same day in peo and which appointment u got and have met the 18600 requirement or they waive that as well in transional

Pete249
Newly Registered

Post by Pete249 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:44 pm

meb4ne1 wrote:People are ringing home office because they are not getting their biometric letter. You usually get it in first 3-5 weeks.

It is because of their new system bought in at the end of October. Seems like they have messed up and have a massive backlog of applications that haven't been entered into the system.

Someone posted here how he complained to HO on the phone, and he got someone to ring him back and apologise for the delay. They had entered his application in the system in a day and a biometric letter was sent out.

That is the point. We do not ring the HO to ask them to make a decision on our case as we know well that there is a 6-month consideration period. However, I spoke to HO staff on 25/11/2013 and according to their own procedures, once a payment has cleared and acknowledgement letter is sent out; biometric letter should follow within a maximum of 6 weeks. This is what I was told and that if biometric letter is not received after 4 weeks, them we can call to query what is causing the delay; especially if payment has cleared and you have proof of this.

As a matter of fact, I am the one who rang the HO after 4-6 weeks of payment clearing and the gentleman I spoke to referred me to another department with a promise of a call back within 48 hours. I got a call the following day and was told that biometric letter has been posted to me that very morning and that my application was now uploaded on their system. I have indeed received the letter today (13/12/2013). I will update the forum once I have managed to get my biometrics taken at the post office.

members

FLR(M) timeline after SET(LR)

Post by members » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:04 am

Could someone, please, answer the following queries:

1. How long does it take for the spouse to receive his/her FLR(M) after the main applicant has received SET(LR)? (when both applications are lodged at the same time)

2. Does the main applicant need to send confirmation to ukba after receiving ilr ( in order to complete the pending FLR(M))?

Some says you have to send passport/brp/approval letter, some says nothing to send as ukba would know automatically from the linked application.

Please share your experiences. Many thanks

RANA-ALI

Post by RANA-ALI » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:21 am

Hi
Ranaali congratulation
Can u plz share which category of PBS you were enter and did you pay fees for flr m first and then set m on same day in peo and which appointment u got and have met the 18600 requirement or they waive that as well in transional
Its not me i was trying to ask from Mr Ganti [/quote]

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

my timeline

Post by SSWSZ » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:05 am

THANKS TO ALLAH I GOT MY ILR TODAY ON 10 YEAR BASIS
MT TIMELINE IS LIKE THIS
APPILICATION SENT 13 AUG 2013
BIO DONE 27 AUG 2013
APPROVAL LETTER RECIEVED 14/12/2013
BIO CARD ....WAITING
ALLL THE BEST FOR THOSE WHO ARE WAITING AND THANKS ALOT THIS FORUM IS REALLY HELPFULL
ss