ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Not received neutralisation approval letter yet...

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

philmx0a
Newly Registered

Not received neutralisation approval letter yet...

Post by philmx0a » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:32 pm

Hi,
I wonder if anyone has a similar situation of mine. I applied for the neutralisation application thru NCS - Ilford on 21 st August and received the acknowledgement from UKBA dated 2nd Sep.

Nearly 4 months i don't have clue what is happening with the application. I am curious because people i know who applied months after me have received their approval letters.

I know the timelines as per UKBA is 6 months. If there a way to find out the progress. The customer contact number 08450105200 is IVR and no humans to talk to. They also don't respond to email if the application doesn't exceed 6 months.

I am worried if I may have a misplaced communication considering applications made after mine have received confirmation.

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 5yr + 1yr ILR
Method of application: NCS (Ilford - Lynton House)
Date of receipt by UKBA: 2/9/2013
Date of debit of fees: 10/9/2013
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 2/9/2013

Thanks.

shahfor

Re: Not received neutralisation approval letter yet...

Post by shahfor » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:10 pm

philmx0a wrote:Hi,
I wonder if anyone has a similar situation of mine. I applied for the neutralisation application thru NCS - Ilford on 21 st August and received the acknowledgement from UKBA dated 2nd Sep.

Nearly 4 months i don't have clue what is happening with the application. I am curious because people i know who applied months after me have received their approval letters.

I know the timelines as per UKBA is 6 months. If there a way to find out the progress. The customer contact number 08450105200 is IVR and no humans to talk to. They also don't respond to email if the application doesn't exceed 6 months.

I am worried if I may have a misplaced communication considering applications made after mine have received confirmation.

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 5yr + 1yr ILR
Method of application: NCS (Ilford - Lynton House)
Date of receipt by UKBA: 2/9/2013
Date of debit of fees: 10/9/2013
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 2/9/2013

Thanks.
Hi,
It seems UKBA responds to emails in 1 week. Also there are many posts people called UKBA and it was helpful in some extend.

Here are some contact info
FurtherNationalityEnquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk
nationalityprogress@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
08706067766 (opt 2)

Good Luck

philmx0a
Newly Registered

Post by philmx0a » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:46 pm

Just dropped in to let know the status so that anyone as similar fate can get help.

If you think your application is taking relatively longer duration, write to ukbanationalityenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk and they will respond in a day. The team is very helpful thru email and sometime you will get a response on same day.

In my case UKBA had send the approval letter to a wrong address in October -13. I had contacted them for a status check in Dec-13. They immediately send a new letter in my correct address (the error in address was from UKBA's side)

I received my approval letter in Jan'14 and got a ceremony date in Feb.

Regards.

Just Wondering

Post by Just Wondering » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:52 am

Congratulations