ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ready Meals for Personal Consumption Seized by Customs

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rolla
Newly Registered

Ready Meals for Personal Consumption Seized by Customs

Post by Rolla » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:04 pm

Hi everyone! I am currently on ILR and am due to apply citizenship in a few months time. Recently whilst travelling from from outside EU into the UK, I was carrying some ready meals which were seized by customs at the airport. I was handed over a seizure notification and walked out with the rest of my stuff. They took my address and passport details, but i haven't heard anything from since then.

I was just wondering if this likely to impact my citizenship application. I don't have any problem in declaring this within my application.

Please advise.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:43 pm

Probably not an issue for BC application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Smam

Post by Smam » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:47 am

Hi Rolla

There's a new rule came out that any one who take deep breaths UKBA will stop their naturalisation so don't breath too heavily ok !!!!!

Come on mate it has got nothing to do with your Naturalisation.

Good luck with your Naturalisation.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:03 am

Smam wrote:Hi Rolla

There's a new rule came out that any one who take deep breaths UKBA will stop their naturalisation so don't breath too heavily ok !!!!!

Come on mate it has got nothing to do with your Naturalisation.

Good luck with your Naturalisation.
:lol: Hey you never know it might already be in practice and if its not then they might seriously contemplate to make it a part of rules so you are giving ideas on how to make it hell for people applying for BC. :evil:

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Re: Ready Meals for Personal Consumption Seized by Customs

Post by navalaviator » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:14 am

Rolla wrote:Hi everyone! I am currently on ILR and am due to apply citizenship in a few months time. Recently whilst travelling from from outside EU into the UK, I was carrying some ready meals which were seized by customs at the airport. I was handed over a seizure notification and walked out with the rest of my stuff. They took my address and passport details, but i haven't heard anything from since then.

I was just wondering if this likely to impact my citizenship application. I don't have any problem in declaring this within my application.

Please advise.

Thanks
Your concern makes sense as BC is not really a straight forward application as contrary to it seems by its form which looks pretty simple and has no more then 9-10 pages.

As long as if what you are saying is correct and you were only carrying 'ready meals' only then I don't think there is anything to worry about as it just doesn't make sense that why it would have any kind of effect on your BC application.

Just live a normal life and chill out as what I have learned from this forum which is also a common sense approach that if you don't have any convictions, cautions,warnings,arrests or court fines etc. then normally you are assumed to be of good character.
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:27 am

The follwoing list is exhaustive and should not be deemed as enough or limited to or restricted to in any case.

Breathing heavily
What sort of movies you watch
What literature you read
What fragrance you wear
Do you stare at women
What sort of programmes you watch on telly
What you eat and how much you eat
What you drink and how much you do it
What recreational drugs you use if any at all
Do you flirt with your colleagues and blah blah blah...............................has not YET become part of the rules. :roll: :roll:

humanvoid

Re: Ready Meals for Personal Consumption Seized by Customs

Post by humanvoid » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:42 am

navalaviator wrote:a common sense approach
You, me - maybe, but not everyone has it, especially at HO, so I understand all these concerns, how ever it may sound.