ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Miangee

ILR

Post by Miangee » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:11 am

Hi
Can any one share or explain that dependent of student came to uk before 9th july 2012 are also not need to fulfil the financial requirement of 18600 and have to show maintainance only when they apply and switch to flr m as they have mentioned on form itself which is as under

SECTION 7A - FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT
If you were granted leave to enter or remain as a partner following an application made before the 9th July 2012 you are not required to complete section 7A, Proceed to 7B MAINTENANCE. For more information on completing the financial requirement
section please see section 21 of the guidance notes.
All other applicants must meet the financial requirement for leave to remain in this category. The guidance notes are available on the Home Office website and must be read when completing this section. You and your sponsor should provide the relevant evidence, as specified, to demonstrate that together, as a couple, you have the financial resources you claim under this section.

Any senior member help plz[/quote]

awais77ak
Mood:
Pakistan

August applicant

Post by awais77ak » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:06 am

I have applied my ILR on 10 years basis on 12 of Aug and still waiting for the decision.

bhargav.ganti
Newly Registered

Re: Please Update on Skydrive

Post by bhargav.ganti » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:44 am

RANA-ALI wrote:
bhargav.ganti wrote:Hello Guys,

Finally my wife`s application for ILR under 10 years long residence route was successful. Below are the details.

SET(LR) Applicaiton posted on - 25-Jul-13
Payment/Acknowledgement received - 29-Jul-13
Biometrics Done - 13-Aug-13
ILR/BRP received - 5-dec-13 (Dated 3-Dec-13)

It was splendid going thru posts and suggestions..

I have also successfully applied for FLR(M) and then SET(M) in croydon PEO and got myself ILR as well. I came to UK first in Sep-11 as PBS migrant dependant.. So yes, the transitional arrangement works for dependants who came before 9-Jul-12.

Happy to help.

PS - The UKBA staff in croydon were super duper helpful..
That brilliant , congrats buddy
Would u like to share with us what did u mention while applying set (m) straight after flr m, did u have to explain the transitional rule to case worker ?
Or did u take a letter stating about transitional provision ,
Can u please share what exact wording u use to probably convince Cw
I think it will be better if u write down ur peo experince , which could be really helpful for me and others
Many thanks

Hi Rana,

Firstly, I did not see the CW at the Croydon PEO at all. Let me provide u complete details so that it may help first time goers as well :-)

1. Reach PEO 30 mins before ur appointment. U r NOT allowed to get into the buidling more than 30 mins prior to ur appointment.

2. After the security check, u go to the 3rd floor and que at the general counter.

3. Here the UKBA rep checks ur passport and appointment details and issues u a token number (hence forth ur case will be reffered to this token number)

4. Depending upon the number of people ahead of u, u will be called for the general uploading of details (a UKBA rep checks ur Passport/BRP etc ) and provides a plastic folder in which u r supposed to keep all ur docs including PP and BRP

5. U then wait for the BRP (Same process as above. U will be called according to numbers ahead of u).

6. Once ur BRP is done, ur File is retained by the rep who takes ur BRP and u go to the cafeteria and wait till
(a) Ur case is completed and u r called to collect ur documents
(b) if the CW has any query

As I mentioned above, I did not have to meet the CW at all.

However to be on the safer side, I did carry with me the following :

1. Transitional arrangement document (where on Page 10 and Page 11 it says that I may apply for FLR(M) based on A280(c) rules
2. copy of A280(c) rules where it states that all the rules prior to 9th July 12 shall be applicable to my case
3. Copy of Rules of Part-8, Rule 287(a)(i)d

Most of all I hired a solicitor who was sure that I can get the VISA without the 18600£ rule .

Hope this helps u and many others. Happy to help :-)

ppycrmt

Re: August applicant

Post by ppycrmt » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:19 am

Same here, I applied on the 14th August, still waiting. Hopefully I will get it back before Christmas.
awais77ak wrote:I have applied my ILR on 10 years basis on 12 of Aug and still waiting for the decision.

zabizabi

Post by zabizabi » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:33 am

ppycrmt wrote:Same here, I applied on the 14th August, still waiting. Hopefully I will get it back before Christmas.
awais77ak wrote:I have applied my ILR on 10 years basis on 12 of Aug and still waiting for the decision.
when you guys done BIOMATRIC

JTF2007

Post by JTF2007 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:33 am

ppycrmt wrote:Same here, I applied on the 14th August, still waiting. Hopefully I will get it back before Christmas.

Similar situation here,

I applied on 12 August 2013 and waiting, let's pray we all get just before xmas, goodluck to all waiting applicants.

zabizabi

Post by zabizabi » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:36 am

HOW MANY AUGUST APPLICANTS ARE STILL WAITING.PLEASE MENTION YOUR DATES AS WELL :arrow:

akb titu
Newly Registered

Post by akb titu » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:42 am

JTF2007 wrote:

Similar situation here,

I applied on 12 August 2013 and waiting, let's pray we all get just before xmas, goodluck to all waiting applicants.
i applied 05/august/2013 still waiting

akb titu
Newly Registered

Post by akb titu » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:47 am

akb titu wrote:
JTF2007 wrote:

Similar situation here,

i applied 05/august/2013 still waiting and its a very straightforward application no complication in 10years history

so gotta be in 75% of maximum 6months unless otherwise decided by Allah the almighty the most powerful

zabizabi

Post by zabizabi » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:18 am

akb titu wrote:
akb titu wrote:
JTF2007 wrote:

Similar situation here,

i applied 05/august/2013 still waiting and its a very straightforward application no complication in 10years history

i dont know why everyone get different treatment ,MAY be dpend on biomatric

so gotta be in 75% of maximum 6months unless otherwise decided by Allah the almighty the most powerful

zabizabi

Post by zabizabi » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:21 am

zabizabi wrote:
akb titu wrote:
akb titu wrote:
JTF2007 wrote:

Similar situation here,

check your biomatric dates and compare it with guys who already got it

i dont know why everyone get different treatment ,MAY be dpend on biomatric

Tobi
Newly Registered

Post by Tobi » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:37 am

zabizabi wrote:HOW MANY AUGUST APPLICANTS ARE STILL WAITING.PLEASE MENTION YOUR DATES AS WELL :arrow:
I applied 29th August, still waiting...

die_hard

Post by die_hard » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:00 pm

Hi bhargav.ganti,

Congrats on your's and your's wife ILR.

I have question to you regarding your FLR(M) and SET(M).

So as you mentioned you successfully applied for FLR(M) and then SET(M) at Croydon PEO. Do did you take both the forms FLR(M) and SET(M) and submitted both ? Did you had to pay fees for both - FLR(M) and SET(M). Please clarify.

Thanks
bhargav.ganti wrote:
RANA-ALI wrote:

Finally my wife`s application for ILR under 10 years long residence route was successful. Below are the details.

I have also successfully applied for FLR(M) and then SET(M) in croydon PEO and got myself ILR as well. I came to UK first in Sep-11 as PBS migrant dependant.. So yes, the transitional arrangement works for dependants who came before 9-Jul-12.

Happy to help.

Would u like to share with us what did u mention while applying set (m) straight after flr m, did u have to explain the transitional rule to case worker ?
I think it will be better if u write down ur peo experince , which could be really helpful for me and others
Many thanks

Hi Rana,

Firstly, I did not see the CW at the Croydon PEO at all. Let me provide u complete details so that it may help first time goers as well :-)

1. Reach PEO 30 mins before ur appointment. U r NOT allowed to get into the buidling more than 30 mins prior to ur appointment.

2. After the security check, u go to the 3rd floor and que at the general counter.

3. Here the UKBA rep checks ur passport and appointment details and issues u a token number (hence forth ur case will be reffered to this token number)

4. Depending upon the number of people ahead of u, u will be called for the general uploading of details (a UKBA rep checks ur Passport/BRP etc ) and provides a plastic folder in which u r supposed to keep all ur docs including PP and BRP

5. U then wait for the BRP (Same process as above. U will be called according to numbers ahead of u).

6. Once ur BRP is done, ur File is retained by the rep who takes ur BRP and u go to the cafeteria and wait till

1. Transitional arrangement document (where on Page 10 and Page 11 it says that I may apply for FLR(M) based on A280(c) rules
2. copy of A280(c) rules where it states that all the rules prior to 9th July 12 shall be applicable to my case

Most of all I hired a solicitor who was sure that I can get the VISA without the 18600£ rule .

bhargav.ganti
Newly Registered

Post by bhargav.ganti » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:08 pm

die_hard wrote:Hi bhargav.ganti,

Congrats on your's and your's wife ILR.

I have question to you regarding your FLR(M) and SET(M).

So as you mentioned you successfully applied for FLR(M) and then SET(M) at Croydon PEO. Do did you take both the forms FLR(M) and SET(M) and submitted both ? Did you had to pay fees for both - FLR(M) and SET(M). Please clarify.

Thanks
bhargav.ganti wrote:
RANA-ALI wrote:

Happy to help.

Many thanks

Hi Rana,

Hi,

Yes is the answer for both of your questions. However, as i mentioned earlier, ideally u wud first apply for FLR(M) and once granted, u book appointment for SET(M) and then apply it. However, I just wanted to try my luck of applying SET(M) first directly instead of FLR(M). Therefore, I booked appointment for FLR(M) but also took SET(M) ready with me.

When checked with the manager, he told me clearly that I will have to switch to FLR(M) first and only after it is granted, I could go for SET(M). It was only out of luck that the FLR(M) got granted quickly and there wasnt much of rush in the PEO (probably due to which the 2nd application was considered).

yenshiu
Newly Registered

Post by yenshiu » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:55 pm

I applied on 5 august 13 and bio metric done on 2 sept 2013...still waiting..Any one call to HO today?

raaz0800

Post by raaz0800 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:56 pm

Hi everyone
I need some guidance as someone might have gone through this situation.
My student visa was refused this year in feb but I was given right of appeal but appeal was dismissed in November and I was given right of appeal again. However my ten years were completed on September 10th 2013 therefore I did not lodged the appeal again but madd fresh application on long residence basis within allowed 28 days . Anyone has been through this situation. I have not received acknowledgement letter yet as home office said it could takd longer because of busy Xmas time. I paid by banker's draft but homd office still showing they just received application very next day after posting on 20th November. I am worried anyone could advice me I can't get rid of my stress. What should I do.
Raaz

raaz0800

acknowledgement letter

Post by raaz0800 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:06 pm

Hi everyone
I am waiting for my acknowledgement letter as I applied last month on 20th November. I paid by banker's draft so no chance of bouncing cheque. Lady in HO said ig is not rare case it happens sometime as Durham office might have backlog. Anyone had been through this situation.
RAAZ

aztec1032

Post by aztec1032 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:06 pm

yenshiu wrote:I applied on 5 august 13 and bio metric done on 2 sept 2013...still waiting..Any one call to HO today?
Hi Yenshiu.. just got off the phone with HO. I was advised my application is with the 'case working' team and no decision has been made yet. I applied on 28 Aug'13 and enrolled my biometric details on the 14 Sep'13.

I would assume a decision on your case would be made before Xmas and I would be lucky if they look at my case before Xmas.

Good luck .. to us all who are waiting!

Regards

venky77
Newly Registered

current visa processing time

Post by venky77 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:12 pm

Hi Guys
i am silent reader of this forum. firstly i would like to thank every for their time for posting experiences during their awaiting process.

I applied ILR (set0) on 23/09/13
biometrics enrolled 20/10/13
waiting for approval

i rang home office this morning about status of application, the person who answered my call said that HO currently processing MARCH 2013 applications
he didn't gave any further information said i should wait for the reply.

Did any one called HO recently? which month are they dealing now? Still March application are going on?

pls share available information thanq.

yenshiu
Newly Registered

Post by yenshiu » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:13 pm

Thank you aztec1032...Hopefully it arrive before Xmas...and also all the August applicant..

ukvisaengland
- thin ice -

Urgent Advice 10 yrs residence visa !!!

Post by ukvisaengland » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:29 pm

I came to the UK as a dependant of my father
I had my visa exempt diplomat from 03/01/2004 to 03/01/2008. I entered the UK on 12 Mar 2004. I was studying on that time.
on Jan 2004 I applied to switch from diplomatic visa to student visa as I was studying at the university. I sent my visa application through the university.
I was advised to withdraw my application otherwise they will refuse my application as It is not allowed to switch from diplomatic visa to student visa in the UK. I withdrawn my application and as soon as I got my application back I went back home to switch my visa. I left the UK on 24 March 2004. I was advised that Although the date of this Exemption expired on 3rd Jan 2008, this type of permit allows a 90 day extended period of leave for the person to prepare to return home. I left the UK on 24th March 2008, which is within this 90 day grace period.I switched the visa in my country and I came back to the UK on 18/04/2008.
since then I have been extended my visas in the UK. the total days outside the UK so far 314 days and I have never been more than 2 months outside the UK on one time. I dont have any court fees or any other issues.
Can I apply for the 10 yrs visa??? I dont to apply and visa get refused

this what they have written in Long residence and private life
guidance on the Immigration Rules.

Time spent in the UK exempt from immigration control must be counted as lawful residence. People exempt from immigration control include diplomats and members of the armed forces.
Deemed leave
Deemed leave is the 90 days a person is given once their exemption period from immigration control ends. By the end of the 90 days, the person must either
 submit an application for leave, or
 depart the UK.
A person on deemed leave does not receive an endorsement on their passport.
If a person submits an application to extend their stay in the UK within 90 days of their exemption ending, and is later granted a period of leave, their continuous lawful residence is not broken.
If a person remains in the UK, and does not submit an application for further leave after the 90 days deemed leave, their continuous lawful residence is broken.
For an example of time spent in the UK while exempt from immigration control counting as lawful continuous residence, see example 5 in related link: Examples of continuous lawful residence.
Effect on continuous residence
Continuous residence is not broken if a person:
 leaves and then returns to the UK during a period of exemption, and

continues to meet all other requirements of long residence, set out in paragraph 276A(a) of the Immigration Rules.
If a person leaves the UK following the end of their exemption and during their period of deemed leave, continuous residence is not broken, even if they return to the UK after their 90 days deemed leaved has expired. This is providing that they meet all the other long residence requirements in paragraph 276A(a) of the Immigration Rules.

I appreciate your help and advice

venky77
Newly Registered

Re: current visa processing time

Post by venky77 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:42 pm

Hi aztec1032
Is there any problem with my application should i concern becoz this morning i rang HO. i have been told March2013 applications are under process.

Help and advice pls. :?

adrees246
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by adrees246 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:45 pm

I applied on 16 August 2013 and bio done on 4 September 2013 I am still waiting?

ppycrmt

Re: Hi

Post by ppycrmt » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:49 pm

I applied on the 14th August, did my bio on the 3rd September and I am also still waiting.
Why are people getting theirs back now when they applied later than I did?
adrees246 wrote:I applied on 16 August 2013 and bio done on 4 September 2013 I am still waiting?

Navi123

ILR-waiting

Post by Navi123 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:18 pm

Hi,

10yrs long residency : 10yrs completed on Aug 13
I send my application on 10th of sept-13
acknowledgement received within 10 days
Money taken within 10 days
Biometric Done 4th of October

Docs send :
3X Passports
LIfe in the Uk
7X payslip and bank statement
council tax letter
Biometric card
Mortgage statement
son's UK birth certificate ( dont know why i send this)
with photocopies

Still waiting for a reply from HO.

I've called HO several times and got standard reply i.e. first they said its not been completed (means not assigned to a case worker) then we are dealing with application from Aug-13.

I called today and been told its under consideration and was assigned to case worker on 1st of October -13, but the process is not complete and they can't chase the case worker b4 06 months.

its been 3 months, my case is straight forward ( wat i beleive) no overstays or Criminal convictions. Had 2 speeding ticked but should nt affect my case.

previously : 5yrs student, 2 yrs PSW, 3yrs Tier1.

My friend who applied in October -13 got his back in november 13. Lucky guy han,

should i b worried? dont know.. any advice?