ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Joint naturalisation application on Monday - final check

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

InUkOnHsmp

Joint naturalisation application on Monday - final check

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:29 pm

Hi Forum,

I am applying for naturalisation for myself and wife, as a joint application, via NCS on Monday.

Here is a quick list of what I have prepared, please let me know if you find any gaps:

1) Completed AN forms for me and wife
2) Completed payment form for 1550£ for joint application. I decided to go with my debit card as it sounds safer.
3) Original driving license as well as paper counterpart for both (identity proof used at the time of LIUK test)
4) Original LIUK test certificates for both
5) Original IELTS certificates for both, expired for me, but valid for wife
6) Original passports for both

Thanks!
Last edited by InUkOnHsmp on Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Challenges make life worth it!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:53 pm

You need to submit a marriage certificate if you wish to enjoy from the reduced joint fee.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:57 pm

Hi Jambo,

Thanks for reminding me, I almost forgot about the marriage certificate for the joint application, really appreciate this.

Regards

humanvoid

Post by humanvoid » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:58 am

Hi,

What about P60s for 5 years or so, ILR cards?

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:08 am

Oh yes, my bad again, I am carrying passports, and normally keep my BRPs in there, so I am carrying those.

I did not see any requirement to carry P60s, is this required? I can carry them as optional documents anyway, but it would be good to know if these are mandatory.

Thanks humanvoid.

humanvoid

Post by humanvoid » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:18 am

Hey,

Just remembered someone mentioning submitting P60s as a proof of 5 years' residency, not sure if it is required though.

Good luck with your application.

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:29 am

Thanks humanvoid, hope it all goes well on Monday.

BTW just double checked the guidance, I think it is for applicants from the European Economic Area (EEA):
FOR APPLICANTS FROM SWITZERLAND OR THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
Evidence of Nationality
• Your valid passport or valid EEA national identity card as evidence of your nationality.
Evidence that you are considered permanently resident in the UK
• A document certifying permanent residence or a permanent residence card issued by the Home Office
Further information on how to apply for a document certifying permanent residence or a permanent residence card from the Home Office can be found on our website.The current fee for such documents can also be found on our website.
Please Note: Whilst the submission of a document certifying permanent residence or a permanent residence card is not mandatory, failure to submit one may lead to delays in reaching a decision on your application. If you do not provide a document certifying permanent residence or a permanent residence card then you must provide the following for consideration:
• Evidence of exercising Treaty Rights for 5 years for the relevant EEA national. This may include:
o P60 tax certificates covering the relevant period of 5 years
I guess this must be it, there is no other mention of P60s in the guidance.

saayinla

Post by saayinla » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:26 am

humanvoid wrote:Hi,

What about P60s for 5 years or so, ILR cards?
The only requirement for p60 for 5 years proof of residency is when you do not have passports covering the period or EEA national. I am applying (Joint) in a week and have no intention of including my P6os in my application.

flash2004

Post by flash2004 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:26 pm

I have a joint application on Monday as well... Have got all the documents, and the p60s as well just to be on the safe side..

Best of luck..

flash2004

Post by flash2004 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:26 pm

One query was do I need to carry extra photographs, or just the ones pasted on the character reference page ?

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:02 pm

I am carrying both P60s and photographs just in case.

Good luck for your application, please put future timelines into the December timelines thread, it would be interesting to know your timelines as we are both applying tomorrow.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:56 pm

hope it goes well. keep us posted.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:49 pm

Thanks wpilr_nov12,

All went well, the NCS person asked us 2 things which got us thinking:

a) Whether we want to send any other documents - I asked her if she would recommend any other documents, to which she said all the essentials are there, and we dont really need anything else.

b) Would I like my wife's married name on the naturalization certificate, which would have been good but did not work for me, as my wife's maiden name is ABC, and married name is ADE, and they were only ready to change the surname, which would have made her name ABE :).
The NCS worker also told me if I wanted her name in the certificate to be ACD, I should have got a deed poll done, and got it to the NCS appointment. So for other people in the same boat, do consider doing this. I will have to put this in when I apply for her passport now. Not sure if we can get it changed it on her naturalization certificate later, or is it even worth it. Seniors?

No need to submit P60s, or extra photographs as discussed earlier on this thread.

Good luck to other applicants.

suis

Post by suis » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:57 pm

hi InUkOnHsmp,
you mentioned about IELTS , could you please let me know what levels of IELTS your wife had to sit for ? acadamic or general ? and what was the score you earned ? minimum IELTS score is 5.0 ? was it hard to pass IELTS ?

thanks

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:17 pm

Hi Suis,

She took the general IELTS. Minimum score is 4, she scored 8.5 overall, so no problems there.

Its not hard to pass IELTS, but I feel its too cumbersome for a simple English test, go for this instead:

http://englishexamcentres.co.uk/b1-esol ... vel-3.html

I should have gone for this for my wife too on second thoughts, takes only 10 mins, IELTS took a better part of the day.

HTH

suis

Post by suis » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:35 pm

HI InUkOnHsmp,
thanks for u r quick reply ,
i already spoke to english exam center in manchester, but the trouble is i can't find any sample test for it,
and when i spoke to the english exam center guy in manchester ...he said they have some practice books ..
and those books could cost us around £ 150 plus the exam fees around £ 100 . also i am not too sure about their test standard ..could be more harder than IELTS ?

so i thought IELTS is better cos IELTS exam fees are around £ 150 ?

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:45 pm

Your call Suis,

I am sure members in the forum can share about the standard of exam, and also pointers on how to prepare for it.

Yes IELTS was 135£ for us here.

Regards

humanvoid

Post by humanvoid » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:28 pm

InUkOnHsmp wrote: The NCS worker also told me if I wanted her name in the certificate to be ACD, I should have got a deed poll done, and got it to the NCS appointment. So for other people in the same boat, do consider doing this. I will have to put this in when I apply for her passport now. Not sure if we can get it changed it on her naturalization certificate later, or is it even worth it.
Glad all went well. Now I am a bit confused. I have already made some enquiries and got a different response that maiden surname can be changed to married surname on just basis of marriage certificate. Also there were few topics on this. I mean how sure you are of NCS' competency.

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:35 pm

Thanks humanvoid.
Glad all went well. Now I am a bit confused. I have already made some enquiries and got a different response that maiden surname can be changed to married surname on just basis of marriage certificate. Also there were few topics on this. I mean how sure you are of NCS' competency.
Well you have been informed correctly, you can change the maiden surname to married surname, but not the middle name. My wifes name is of the format FIRSTNAME FATHERSNAME MAIDENLASTNAME, they told me I can change the MAIDENLASTNAME to MARRIEDLASTNAME on the basis of the marriage certificate, the given name has to stay as is in her passport.

So her name would become FIRSTNAME FATHERSNAME MARRIEDLASTNAME, however in accordance with her other documents, we want her name to be FIRSTNAME MYNAME MARRIEDLASTNAME.

There is no way of achieveing this at the moment, without the deed poll.

Hope this clarifies it.

humanvoid

Post by humanvoid » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:52 pm

Thanks InUkOnHsmp for quick response,

Now you've made me more confused :)
InUkOnHsmp wrote: they told me I can change the MAIDENLASTNAME to MARRIEDLASTNAME on the basis of the marriage certificate, the given name has to stay as is in her passport.
What does "the given name has to stay as is in her passport." bit mean?

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:02 pm

Hi Humanvoid,

Sorry to confuse you :). The firstname+middilename bit appears in the passport under "given name" which I reckon is the first name, the surname appears under "Family name/Last name".

At least thats how it is in the Indian passport.

HTH

humanvoid

Post by humanvoid » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:17 pm

InUkOnHsmp wrote:Hi Humanvoid,

Sorry to confuse you :). The firstname+middilename bit appears in the passport under "given name" which I reckon is the first name, the surname appears under "Family name/Last name".

At least thats how it is in the Indian passport.

HTH
Thanks for clarifying this for me, appreciated.

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:19 pm

No problem, hopefully you wont have this middle name crap to deal with, I have had enough of it, unfortunately I gave my kid a middle name too. Sorry kid! :)

Good luck with your application humanvoid.