ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

some general questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

t0mmy

some general questions

Post by t0mmy » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:35 pm

Hi guys,

a) I am due to begin my naturalisation application process. I intend to use NCS. I have the following 3 options . Any preferences which one I should use. Also I am looking for end of december appointments. Normally is it easy to get an appointment say 1 week before the date of appoinment or do we have to book a month in advance :

1) Westminster
2) Ealing
3) Houslow

b) my council tax is being paid by my friend I am living with. Would it create a problem. As the council tax letter is in my friend's name.

c ) I intend to use the following documents:

1) Completed form.
2) LIUK Original letter
3) MSc UK degree certificate Original(this should cover the new langauge requirements)
4) Employer letter ( I am in full time employment)
5) P60s
6) Payslips (not sure if they are required)
7) Bank statements (not sure if they are required)
8) I am yet to decide on my referees. This section is proving to be the hardest. I cannot find any one to sign up for me :-(
9) If applying through NCS - do I submit my ILR card? Also how would the HO know of 5 years residence evidence if we are not submitting passports. Normally does the NCS take photocopies of exit/entry points on passports?

Thanks

Amber
Mood:

Re: some general questions

Post by Amber » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:52 pm

t0mmy wrote:Hi guys,

a) I am due to begin my naturalisation application process. I intend to use NCS. I have the following 3 options . Any preferences which one I should use. Also I am looking for end of december appointments. Normally is it easy to get an appointment say 1 week before the date of appoinment or do we have to book a month in advance :

1) Westminster
2) Ealing
3) Houslow

b) my council tax is being paid by my friend I am living with. Would it create a problem. As the council tax letter is in my friend's name.

c ) I intend to use the following documents:

1) Completed form.
2) LIUK Original letter
3) MSc UK degree certificate Original(this should cover the new langauge requirements)
4) Employer letter ( I am in full time employment)
5) P60s

6) Payslips (not sure if they are required)
7) Bank statements (not sure if they are required)
8) I am yet to decide on my referees. This section is proving to be the hardest. I cannot find any one to sign up for me :-(
9) If applying through NCS - do I submit my ILR card? Also how would the HO know of 5 years residence evidence if we are not submitting passports. Normally does the NCS take photocopies of exit/entry points on passports?

Thanks
You only need one payslip if using the NCS the bold items you will not require if you have a passport covering the residential period.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:55 pm

Items 4, 5, 6 & 7 are not required. Its a good idea to keep your application to the point and not shove unnecessary documents.

When you apply through NCS they photocopy all your docs including passport and return the originals to you there and then.

Any manager of a vat registered company be a referee. I am sure there will be a manager where you work. If your milkman or window cleaner etc trade through a limited company they may be able to act as referee. If you look around carefully you will easily find dozens of people around you who could be referees.

t0mmy

Post by t0mmy » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:16 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:Items 4, 5, 6 & 7 are not required. Its a good idea to keep your application to the point and not shove unnecessary documents.

When you apply through NCS they photocopy all your docs including passport and return the originals to you there and then.

Any manager of a vat registered company be a referee. I am sure there will be a manager where you work. If your milkman or window cleaner etc trade through a limited company they may be able to act as referee. If you look around carefully you will easily find dozens of people around you who could be referees.
Thanks Ayyubi72. regarding referees actually I have recently changed jobs. so current job ppl cant be referees. Also would the council tax be an issue?

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:00 pm

You can get reference from past employers/work colleagues. Its not a problem.

Council tax is not a problem either.

t0mmy

Post by t0mmy » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:50 pm

I have a few questions:

1. One of my friends is a service management analyst(3rd line support) at a major bank. Can he act as a professional referee? He has masters and bachelors in business IT and holds a few IT certifications. Can he be classified as a bank official or some one with BCS membership. Also how does one attain BCS membership. Would an IT degree be enough?

2. I have a UK degree. I have read that we can take the PBS calculator printout (to confirm 10 points awarded) to meet the new language reqs . So the degree and the printout is enough? The language skills section of the PBS calculator is a bit confusing . Also what do I select in section 1.22 of the form. Do I select ' I have obtained an acedamic qulaification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognized standard of the Bachelor's or Master's degree or PHD in the United Kingdom' and and the qualification was taught or researched in the UK.

The PBS calculator makes no mention of NARIC.

Thanks[/b]

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:35 pm

1. Yes (Bank official)

2. Yes

Uk Naric is only relevant and required if your qualification does not show and /or does not give 10 points for english in PBS calculator.

t0mmy

Post by t0mmy » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:21 pm

In section 3.5 for the 'Address of tax office' or 'tax office reference'... I noticed in some other posts the information should be on our payslips. I have a tax code on my payslips but not the reference. I have the recent p60 and it has 'HMRC office name' and 'Employer PAYE reference'.
The Employer PAYE reference(on p60) and Tax code(on payslips) are very different to one another.
So for section 3.5 can you please confirm that I need to write the Employer PAYE reference and not the Tax code.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:50 pm

Employer paye ref number from P60 is the one that you need.

Tax code is something totally different.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:02 pm

1) Westminster
2) Ealing
3) Houslow
Thanks
if you phone the council ncs office they wil tell you when their next appointments are. you can also check online I believe. hope this bit is useful in forming response to your first question.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by Babajee85 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:10 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:

1) Westminster
2) Ealing
3) Houslow
Thanks
if you phone the council ncs office they wil tell you when their next appointments are. you can also check online I believe. hope this bit is useful in forming response to your first question.
Hi ,

Please can someone confirm if i use both referee from the same company in the given capacities.

1:HR Manger
2:UK Country Manager or Accountant

will it be fine. ????

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:49 pm

I would say why not?

Never read a restriction that referees should not have same employer.

The only restriction is, referees should not be related to each other.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:23 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:I would say why not?

Never read a restriction that referees should not have same employer.

The only restriction is, referees should not be related to each other.
and neither to you (applicant).
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by Babajee85 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:35 am

Babajee85 wrote:
wpilr_nov12 wrote:

1) Westminster
2) Ealing
3) Houslow
Thanks
Hi ,

Please can someone confirm if i use both referee from the same company in the given capacities.

1:HR Manger
2:UK Country Manager or Accountant

will it be fine. ????

So They will be both from the company where i am working right now.

So even if i get the letter from my HR manager about my job period with them and also Reference (HR Manager) then it should be fine.
and another could be UK Country Manger from the same company where i am working

am i right ?

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:12 am

May I repectfully ask the logic behind asking the same thing again?

And what employment letter are we talking about here?

Have you read the form AN and guidance? Does it ask for a letter?

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by Babajee85 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:10 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:May I repectfully ask the logic behind asking the same thing again?

Sorry to bother you again and again !

Well it does not ask but i was thinking to just take one from HR like i am working for this company from last 6 years and my annual income is ££.So it will make easy for the case worker to confirm my stay in UK from last 5 years instead of going for three passports and stamps...though i am submitting passports too

What you advise ? is it not a good idea.

Second Question:

Can i put a Software Engineer as Referee and another one with as HR Manager (Professional)
One as colleague and another one as Friend.Both are British and above 25.Both are working in the same company where i do.

Will it do the job for me.Please advise its a last question from me promise.

Thanks

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:23 pm

Babajee85 wrote:
Ayyubi72 wrote:May I repectfully ask the logic behind asking the same thing again?

Sorry to bother you again and again !

Well it does not ask but i was thinking to just take one from HR like i am working for this company from last 6 years and my annual income is ££.So it will make easy for the case worker to confirm my stay in UK from last 5 years instead of going for three passports and stamps...though i am submitting passports too

What you advise ? is it not a good idea.

It will be waste of paper and printer ink. You can include 1000 letters from employers, but the caseworker will still go through your passports. No point of including useless documents. Just give them what they ask. Don't worry about making caseworker's life easy,you just provide what they ask you to provide, nothing else. They get paid to look at as many passports you have held, be it 3 or 30. And by including unnecessary documents, you will make their life difficult, not easy.

Second Question:

Can i put a Software Engineer as Referee and another one with as HR Manager (Professional)
One as colleague and another one as Friend.Both are British and above 25.Both are working in the same company where i do.

Will it do the job for me.Please advise its a last question from me promise.

Yes. it will do the Job.

Thanks

VR

BCS Membership

Post by VR » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:47 pm

T0mmy,

BCS membership comes with some rudimentary IT certifications

ECDL, ITIL, CTFL etc

You need to register for these exams through Vue or Prometric and once you pass you will get a welcome pack from BCS and you become an AMBCS (Associate Membership).

BCS is the Org (British Computing Society that administers several exams)
Hope this helps.
cheers
vr