ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage Registration while on JR

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Alimnc
Newly Registered

Marriage Registration while on JR

Post by Alimnc » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:10 pm

I was refused PSW (based on late results) with no right of appeal sol I filed JR which is still pending.... Now I am going to marry a British national ( Not a sham marriage). I wanna confirm that can a person register his marriage while he is on JR ( with no valid leave to remain), and after that if i withdraw my JR, will I be eligible to make an in country application for spouse visa or I have to go back and apply from my country?

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:14 pm

Anyone can marry. Immigration status just does not matter.

You will have to leave the country and apply.

If you meet all the requirements of a spouse visa, then actually applying from outside UK is the best and easiest option. Just gather as much proof as possible of you and your spouse living together before you leave UK, and one you have left UK, keep in touch by regular emails etc and provide proof of contact.

Alimnc
Newly Registered

Post by Alimnc » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:41 pm

Thanks for reply; That s what I think to go back and apply from my country. But I am worried that when we will go for marriage registration, Home office officer can ask about my status of leave as i am on JR. There are different opinions... If I withdraw my JR, it vl make my stay (from my leave expired to jr withdrawal date) as overstayed or not?Any one help plz.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:52 pm

You are an overstayer. JR does not legalise your stay in the country. If Home Office guys do turn up at your wedding, they will not ask you your legal status. They will know your status before they turn up.

Alimnc
Newly Registered

Post by Alimnc » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:04 am

So if they already know my status, can HO officers create any issue at the registration considering me as an over stayer?

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:21 am

Quiet possibly.

May be there is a detailed one to one interview from you and your purposed wife.

But as you said and if your marriage is GENUINE then there should not be a problem.

dream2
Newly Registered

Re: Marriage Registration issues.

Post by dream2 » Sat May 31, 2014 3:25 pm

a very similar situation and needs an urgent advice,application for psw refused with rights of appeal ,which had also been refused, application for permission to appeal to upper tribunal also refused today with no right ofappeal,this ismy problem, already picked a date to give notice of marriage ,what do i do, do i go through the pre potocol for JR ?should i continue with my marriage (genuine)if so wount they require my status for it considering i have lost my right of appeal?what do i do not be an overstayer and how long do i have.