ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Thank God – The final knock on the door…..!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Heisgood

Thank God – The final knock on the door…..!

Post by Heisgood » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:24 pm

First and foremost I give praise, honour and glory to my Father God and my savior and Lord Jesus Christ who has yet again helped me to cross the final hurdle. After an over the top, very intrusive passport interview my journey is finally OVER! Thank God 2days after my passport interview the final knock on the door came today..... Our BC passports arrived! No more waiting for HO brown envelope, no more driving looking everywhere (particularly in London) to avoid FPN, no more HO immigration queues coupled with a barrage of WPermit questions from immigration officers, no more searching HO website for their latest update…….no more passport interviews, queries, further checks etc etc etc ….you know the list. It’s over for good! Wow what a journey! :lol:

Thanks to everyone on the forum who have assisted me and continue to assist many more people on a daily basis. Now it’s time to book a family holiday and relax a bit now that the journey has finally ended. All the very best to all applicants. Have a peaceful Christmas & A Happy New Year.

The Naturalisation leg of the journey
October 10th, 2013 – NCS joint BC application / Journey to conquer Everest
November 19th, 2013 - The council informed us they had our BC certificates! Yes an Absolute Miracle read about it here http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... e296d68b5e

The passport leg
This was simple but very intrusive fussy interviewer. See timelines for passport here
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 821#963821
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:09 pm

very happy for you.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:27 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:very happy for you.
wpilr_nov12 Thanks. As a fellow wp holder you know the narrow journey....anyway don't let your kids show off on you apply for yours before the cost goes up and more rules come along. All the best.
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:38 pm

A big congratulation!!!! Well done.

You mind telling us a bit about the fussy interviewer ? :lol:

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:10 am

Did you carry some Kendal Mint Cake to enjoy on everest? :lol:

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:03 am

Wow from application to passport thats an impressive timeline. Well done mate.

I applied yesterday and need to get to my native country in april urgently, let us see how it all pans out.
Challenges make life worth it!

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:15 am

InUkOnHsmp wrote:Wow from application to passport thats an impressive timeline. Well done mate.

I applied yesterday and need to get to my native country in april urgently, let us see how it all pans out.
Native country... that's a nice touch.....

Happy waiting.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:35 am

nionlight wrote:A big congratulation!!!! Well done.

You mind telling us a bit about the fussy interviewer ? :lol:
nionlight Thanks. It's a long story with the interview but she behaved as though I was guilty and she would stop me unless I prove I am innocent. I had to give a thorough account of my entire immigration history as well as my job history. My immigration foundation is based on truth so I discussed it with every detail. Lastly, she kept using the words further checks may be needed (in my head I thought so what - I had been through wp, ilr, nat what further checks could there possibly be? Off course I remain polite during the whole episode as I know they have a job to do.

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:37 am

[quote="Ayyubi72"]Did you carry some Kendal Mint Cake to enjoy on everest? :lol:[/quote

Lol you are close Ayyubi72 We had a nice chinese meal with lemon cake and icecream for dessert :lol: All the best with your ceremony and passport application.

VR

What is this Heisgood?

Post by VR » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:39 am

Dear Heisgood,

First Congrads on the milestone!! Then a wee reprimand!! What are you doing m8? ''Final Knock on the door''! LOL People like me who have the habit of reading headlines will go into mourning instead of celebrating or feeling happy!! For a second I thought what is this, around the time when Jesus Christ came to earth, what is this guy upto?? Leave taking?? ROFL

You cant blame me for imagining can you. These days people are busy sending packets to Mars!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New year.
cheers
vr :D

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:50 pm

InUkOnHsmp wrote:Wow from application to passport thats an impressive timeline. Well done mate.

Thanks InUkOnHsmp. The impressive timeline is only thanks be unto God as we applied mid october and escape the rush. Prepare to wait as I understand there is a huge backlog. All the best with your application.

Heisgood

Re: What is this Heisgood?

Post by Heisgood » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:59 pm

VR wrote:Dear Heisgood,

First Congrads on the milestone!! Then a wee reprimand!! What are you doing m8? ''Final Knock on the door''! LOL People like me who have the habit of reading headlines will go into mourning instead of celebrating or feeling happy!! For a second I thought what is this, around the time when Jesus Christ came to earth, what is this guy upto?? Leave taking?? ROFL

You cant blame me for imagining can you. These days people are busy sending packets to Mars!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New year.
cheers
vr :D
Thanks VR I thought christmas must surely be around the corner when you and Ayyubi72 comment on my thread. I hope you both get a comedy section on the forum....I take your reprimand, but I am slightly disappointed that you didnt know that the king is coming back with a mighty shout in all His power and glory and not a postman knock on the door.....! Come on my friend have a read of the good book again it will bless you. All the best for the season and congrats on the promotion to senior member :o

VR

Now I am hallucinating

Post by VR » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:44 pm

That Prince Charles is knocking on my Door! ROFL
Good Luck m8!
vr :lol:

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:39 pm

Heisgood wrote: We had a nice chinese meal with lemon cake and icecream for dessert.
Chinese meal? How un-British.

I had my ceremony today, and had proper British food. Roast vegetables with salt and pepper. :wink:

Pqek

Post by Pqek » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:50 am

Ayyubi72 wrote:
Heisgood wrote: We had a nice chinese meal with lemon cake and icecream for dessert.
Chinese meal? How un-British.

I had my ceremony today, and had proper British food. Roast vegetables with salt and pepper. :wink:
I had my ceremony yesterday as well in the Morning and we had proper English breakfast :wink: