ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife Settlement Visa was Refused, HELP!!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Wife Settlement Visa was Refused, HELP!!!

Post by iyanu » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:00 pm

Relationship requirements, Reasons for refusal:

You have stated on your application form that your relationship began on August/12 and provided a marriage certificate, photographs of your wedding, telephone records, emails and money transfer receipts. the emails you have provided are dated from Aug/12-May/13 and telephone calls records from Sept/12 to May/13.

The telephone records that have been provided are not support by a letter from the network provider so i am unable to assess them as part of the Application.
I Agree that a mistake was made here as I forget to include Online calling card PIN number and Network provider contact number.

I note that you were talking via email prior to your meeting but the fact that you only met in person for the 11 days that your sponsor was in country for your wedding and the fact that he was married to another person leads me to doubt your relationship. You have not provided any explanation as to how you could maintain a relationship via email especially as your sponsor was married to another person. You have also provided money transfers receipts but they are only from January and May 2013.

My wife has provided in the cover letter how we met, that i mentioned to her that I have separated from my ex 4 years before we even divorced. And that I have not lived with my ex for two years before starting the divorce process which lasted for 14 months. We showed on emails pictures of ourselves and wife's parent that we sent to each other and the mentioned how my wife met my siblings and friends even before I traveled. As adults are we not able to determine what is good for us again about marriage...is HO going to now tell two adults how to get married?
The requirements is that we should have met and also provide evidences of wedding which we have provided. Moreso, we were together for 16 days.

Having considered all of this I am not satisfied your relationship with your sponsor is genuine and subsisting or that you intend to live together permanently in the UK. I therefore refuse your application under paragraph EC-P 1.1(d) of appendix FM of the immigration rules. (E-ECP.2.6 & 2.10)

Please I need your advice and suggestions on what to do next and how to about appealing?
Last edited by iyanu on Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Adima
Newly Registered

Re: Wife Settlement Visa was Refused, HELP!!!

Post by Adima » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:40 pm

iyanu wrote:Relationship requirements, Reasons for refusal:

You have stated on your application form that your relationship began on August/12 and provided a marriage certificate, photographs of your wedding, telephone records, emails and money transfer receipts. the emails you have provided are dated from Aug/12-May/13 and telephone calls records from Sept/12 to May/13.

The telephone records that have been provided are not support by a letter from the network provider so i am unable to assess them as part of the Application.
I Agree that a mistake was made here as I forget to include Online calling card PIN number and Network provider contact number.

I note that you were talking via email prior to your meeting but the fact that you only met in person for the 11 days that your sponsor was in country for your wedding and the fact that he was married to another person leads me to doubt your relationship. You have not provided any explanation as to how you could maintain a relationship via email especially as your sponsor was married to another person. You have also provided money transfers receipts but they are only from January and May 2013.

My wife has provided in the cover letter how we met, that i mentioned to her that I have separated from my ex 4 years before we even divorced. And that I have not lived with my ex for two years before starting the divorce process which lasted for 14 months. We showed on emails pictures of ourselves and wife's parent that we sent to each other and the mentioned how my wife met my siblings and friends even before I traveled. As adults are we not able to determine what is good for us again about marriage...is HO going to now tell two adults how to get married?
The requirements is that we should have met and also provide evidences of wedding which we have provided. Moreso, we were together for 16 days.

Having considered all of this I am not satisfied your relationship with your sponsor is genuine and subsisting or that you intend to live together permanently in the UK. I therefore refuse your application under paragraph EC-P 1.1(d) of appendix FM of the immigration rules. (E-ECP.2.6 & 2.10)

Please I need your advice and suggestions on what to do next and how to about appealing?
Hello Iyanu, very sorry about the refusal. Just a quick question, did she submit your divorce certificate of your previous marriage along with her supporting documents? I believe your wife has a good case and a good immigration lawyer can prepare her grounds of appeal and file the appeal on her behalf with your assistance.

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:12 pm

Yes, the decree absolute was provided and that was acknowledge that was why the ECO accepted that divorced took place in the first.
Last edited by iyanu on Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:50 pm

Hi All, I can confirm that ECM has now reverse the ECO refusal decision of wife's settlement visa application. She has now been asked to submit her passport for visa.

Many thanks for you help and prayers.
Last edited by iyanu on Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Undying81
Newly Registered

Post by Undying81 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:19 pm

iyanu wrote:DELETE
Would you please inform of what argument your wife successfully forwarded to Embassy, which turned refusal decision