ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Settlement Application from Nigeria (Timelines only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:28 am

Adima wrote:
Many thanks Iyanu, I sent an email to Visasheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk on Monday 15th of July and till date i have not received a reply on the status of my application.
Please do you have an idea how long, it takes for them to reply?
Warm regards.
Honestly I received email back within 2 hours...I know someone who waited for just two days ... you should receive something back soon but it's unlike them in Sheffield visa section to delay responses even their website says maximum of 2 working days.

I can only advice to wait for this week if nothing then resend for your update on Monday next week.

Adima
Newly Registered

Post by Adima » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:53 pm

iyanu wrote:Adima wrote:
Many thanks Iyanu, I sent an email to Visasheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk on Monday 15th of July and till date i have not received a reply on the status of my application.
Please do you have an idea how long, it takes for them to reply?
Warm regards.
Honestly I received email back within 2 hours...I know someone who waited for just two days ... you should receive something back soon but it's unlike them in Sheffield visa section to delay responses even their website says maximum of 2 working days.

I can only advice to wait for this week if nothing then resend for your update on Monday next week.
Many thanks Iyanu, I eventually received a reply and Visasheffield said my application is still under consideration. Its 11 weeks today, still waiting

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:53 pm

@Adima,

Well just one more week for you to pass the 12 weeks waiting threshold... I wish you the very best of luck mate!

For me, I have just been waiting 5 weeks today.

temmyt

Post by temmyt » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:21 pm

Guys please is there a time frame between the issuance of the ile. And entering the uk for the first time in rtespect of my baby because I intend to bring him next month. Tnx

Adima
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse Settlement Application from Nigeria (Timelines on

Post by Adima » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:43 pm

Adima wrote:Spouse settlement application submitted at Ikeja Lagos on Friday 10.05.13
Supporting documents sent by DHL to UKBA Sheffield on Friday 10.05.13
Supporting documents received at UKBA Sheffield on Monday 13.05.13
Passport/Application received by UKBA Sheffield on Wednesday 29.05.13
Still waiting

12 weeks today and still awaiting.........

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:52 am

Hello @Adima, how far about your application...any news?

For me they stated it was still yet to be fully checked ( i don't know what they meant by that) and that as such no decision has been made yet.

8th Week Still waiting...

Adima
Newly Registered

Post by Adima » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:59 pm

iyanu wrote:Hello @Adima, how far about your application...any news?

For me they stated it was still yet to be fully checked ( i don't know what they meant by that) and that as such no decision has been made yet.

8th Week Still waiting...

Mine is more than 13 weeks now....... The last email I received from them stated my application was still under consideration.
I am not sure what they mean that your application is still yet to be fully checked.

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:18 pm

Well I now know that when they receive applications there are certain checks that are performed by the Entry Clearance Assistants ... checks such as security checks, supporting documents, e.t.c

Once they finished, they in-turn will now filed this for the Entry Clearance Officer for consideration and decision sometimes the ECO may even have to escalate to the Entry Clearance Manager if need be.

Well, major concerns is that because of these lines of checks sometimes application supporting documents are misplaced thereby leading to mis-interpretation by the ECO/ECM ... this leads to a straight refusal most of the time.

One just need to continue to pray that no such mistakes are made when they doing checks ones application.

Sometimes, what I don't understand is that why does it take such a long time to check and take decisions on very straight forward application especially for us that are being checked in the UK...All the institutions they require to check information about are all based here in the UK ... why is it taking ages to finish up...I am still baffled about this, honestly.

Adima
Newly Registered

Post by Adima » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:23 pm

iyanu wrote:Well I now know that when they receive applications there are certain checks that are performed by the Entry Clearance Assistants ... checks such as security checks, supporting documents, e.t.c

Once they finished, they in-turn will now filed this for the Entry Clearance Officer for consideration and decision sometimes the ECO may even have to escalate to the Entry Clearance Manager if need be.

Well, major concerns is that because of these lines of checks sometimes application supporting documents are misplaced thereby leading to mis-interpretation by the ECO/ECM ... this leads to a straight refusal most of the time.

One just need to continue to pray that no such mistakes are made when they doing checks ones application.

Sometimes, what I don't understand is that why does it take such a long time to check and take decisions on very straight forward application especially for us that are being checked in the UK...All the institutions they require to check information about are all based here in the UK ... why is it taking ages to finish up...I am still baffled about this, honestly.

@ Iyanu. You are probably right on the checks and the prolonged delays in carrying out these checks. It is quite frustrating and sad that applications from Nigeria have over 60 days processing times in comparison to applications from Canada and the US that are decided at Visa Sheffield. Have a look at the processing times for Canada and the US for the month of June. Its not fair but a helpless situation.

rudegirlie
Newly Registered

Postage enquiry

Post by rudegirlie » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:44 am

Is the applicant paying for both postages for sending and returning documents? Thanks.

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Re: Postage enquiry

Post by iyanu » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:20 am

rudegirlie wrote:Is the applicant paying for both postages for sending and returning documents? Thanks.
Yes, although this is only for your sponsor supporting documents, first your sponsor send the documents but with a self-addressed envelope where you or sponsor wants the original supporting documents returned to.

Note also that the applicant passport postage send and return will be taken care of by the Home Office.

I hope this help!

Adima
Newly Registered

Post by Adima » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:25 pm

@ Iyanu I just received a reply from Visasheffield

''Please be advised that a decision has been made on the application which will be dispatched to Nigeria next week.

We cannot give any further information with regards to the application''

What do you think could possibly be the outcome of the decision?

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:27 pm

Adima wrote:@ Iyanu I just received a reply from Visasheffield

''Please be advised that a decision has been made on the application which will be dispatched to Nigeria next week.

Congratulations! Belatedly, I know don't mind me. I must have missed this bit as it disappeared from the list so i thought there was no update from you yet.

Well I hope it is a good one by God's grace.

Anyway it is more than a week now ... How did it go?

Adima
Newly Registered

Post by Adima » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:45 pm

iyanu wrote:

Congratulations! Belatedly, I know don't mind me. I must have missed this bit as it disappeared from the list so i thought there was no update from you yet.

Amen........I am still waiting to be contacted for collection. I suppose it takes two or three weeks for it to be ready for collection at VFS office. Its being a week of suspense.
Any news on yours?

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:52 am

Adima wrote:
iyanu wrote:

Amen........I am still waiting to be contacted for collection. I suppose it takes two or three weeks for it to be ready for collection at VFS office. Its being a week of suspense.
Any news on yours?
OK, I wish you the best of luck ooh!

The last time UKBA replied me that they couldn't do anything about fast tracking their process for it has to run its normal timeline. They referred me to the auto-reply I got when I sent an email to them, which was 95% in 12 weeks and 100% in 24 weeks.

As you know yours took 14 weeks (70 working days) to come through and ours is just about the 11th week (56 days to be precised) so fingers crossed for us as well.

Was the supporting documents sent to your sponsor in the UK or did you self-addressed it to Nigeria as well?

amaka1207
Newly Registered

Post by amaka1207 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:38 pm

Adima wrote:
iyanu wrote:

Any news on yours?
Hello @Adima. Thank you for sharing your experience. Please have you received your passport and what response did you get?

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:53 pm

Hi All, I can confirm that ECM has now reverse the ECO refusal decision of wife's settlement visa application. She has now been asked to submit her passport for visa.

Many thanks for you help and prayers.

Adima
Newly Registered

Post by Adima » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:37 pm

iyanu wrote:Hi All, I can confirm that ECM has now reverse the ECO refusal decision of wife's settlement visa application. She has now been asked to submit her passport for visa.

Big Congratulations Iyanu. I am so happy for you. I hope your wife will be able to join you for Christmas or for New year celebrations. I wish you both a joyous Christmas celebration.

Please how long did the ECM review take?

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:00 pm

Adima wrote:
iyanu wrote:Hi All, I can confirm that ECM has now reverse the ECO refusal decision of wife's settlement visa application. She has now been asked to submit her passport for visa.

Big Congratulations Iyanu. I am so happy for you. I hope your wife will be able to join you for Christmas or for New year celebrations. I wish you both a joyous Christmas celebration.

Please how long did the ECM review take?
Hello Adima, many thanks...it took about two weeks.

ugochinyere1
Newly Registered

Post by ugochinyere1 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:43 pm

spouse settlement application submitted at teleperformance Abuja on the 03/07/2015
Did Skype interview and posted the supporting document same day 3/7/2015
supporting documents received at Sheffield on the 7/7/2015
Hubby received email to send per-paid envelope on 17/7/2015
pre-paid envelope received on the 21/7/2015
Revived a call from home office to come for Skype interview at harrow road London on 21/8/2015

figure cross

Toyinnicky
Newly Registered

Post by Toyinnicky » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:58 pm

Hello,

I am new to this forum, please do help me.
I submitted my supporting documents to Sheffield address UK Visa and Immigration POBox 3468, post code S3 8WA, and i can see that it's been signed by someone after tracking it.
The ECO sent me an email saying that my online application has been received and they are waiting for my supporting document. Is it possible to know what's going on or is it meant to be like this or it's abnormal? It's been 2weeks that my documents have been sent. Did I send to the right address?
Please do come to my aid.
Don't hesitate to ask me any further information.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards,
Toyin

dada

Post by dada » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:15 am

Hi Toyin, If you can confirm from Royal Mail that it was signed for at that address, then its only a matter of waiting. Good luck with your application

Toyinnicky
Newly Registered

Post by Toyinnicky » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:19 am

Thanks Dada, do appreciate, will have to wait and hopefully get a good result and I will share my timeline here afterwards
dada wrote:Hi Toyin, If you can confirm from Royal Mail that it was signed for at that address, then its only a matter of waiting. Good luck with your application

ugochinyere1
Newly Registered

Post by ugochinyere1 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:07 pm

[quote="ugochinyere1"]spouse settlement application submitted at teleperformance Abuja on the 03/07/2015
Did Skype interview and posted the supporting document same day 3/7/2015
supporting documents received at Sheffield on the 7/7/2015
Hubby received email to send per-paid envelope on 17/7/2015
pre-paid envelope received on the 21/7/2015
Revived a call from home office to come for Skype interview at harrow road London on 21/8/2015
Interview done on the 4/9/2015
Hubby got email that decision has be made on his application 7/09/2015
Hubby collected his passport on 14/09/2015
VISA GRANTED!!!!!
1MONTH VISA TO COLLECT THE BIOMETRIC CARD WHEN HE ARRIVES
33 MONTHS VISA ISSUED

dunca

Post by dunca » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:58 pm

PleaE help!

My husband who lives in Nigeria is about to put in his visa application to join us here in UK.

I have read all sorts of forums hoping to find out of supporting documents based people that went through similar application has submitted. But haven't found one yet.

Please can I have list of supporting documents you forum members submitted . Both for the sponsor in UK and the Applicant in Nigeria.

Another question is , what is the actual process of this application , it's not stated on the telepeformance website. What document does the applicant need to submit in Nigeria and what documents needs to be submitted by me (sponsor) here in the UK.

Many thanks for all your advices in advance