ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Immigration Minister

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ChIrl

New Immigration Minister

Post by ChIrl » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:49 am

You all might be aware by this time that new Immigration Minister (Integration Policy) has been appointed yesterday.

It would be good idea to submit a representation to this new Minister, about the problems being faced by us, as he is responsible for immigration issues.

stmani

Post by stmani » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:03 pm

any contact details for him?????????

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:11 pm

Conor Lenihan, T.D.
http://www.conorlenihan.net/

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:09 pm

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:30 pm

ChIrl wrote:Conor Lenihan, T.D.
http://www.conorlenihan.net/

conor lenihan? oh my go not that clown! a couple of years ago he made a complete tit of himself in Dáil éireann by making a smart remark (in this term a really stupid one) about Turks and Kekabs. not the wisest choice of minister.

he is the minister of state for intergration not immigration. although that would be obviously involve immigration matters, it is not clear (as per usual) what that entails. what i mean is that will he be the poster boy for intergration of immgrants who are legally residing here in ireland already ( eg promotion of prohibiting discrimination/rasicm in the community/ workplace) or will he have much of a voice in future immigration polices such as ones like the eu1 issue that are effecting many of you. i might be wrong (i hope so) but there is no minister for state for immigration per se, if there was it the title of the post would state this. considering the new residnece and immigration bill that looks set to come into law (which will give the minister more discretion) i believe the main issues dealing with the immigration system will remain firmly in the hands of the minister for justice.

This guy really is a clown, i doubt bertie would give him much power in this area (reckon minister for justice will hav more to do with this) it appears the role is more about bringing in policies of helping non nationals who are legally residing here to come into irish society instead of being excluded and also to assist the irish community to accept/underastand/take part in many multicultural activities/differences etc. (make ireland more aware of its multi culturism) but who knows?

the minister for justice, conor's brother,, thankfully is a different kettle of fish, he might be better than the last two minister for justices.

microlab

Post by microlab » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:48 pm

the minister for justice, conor's brother,, thankfully is a different kettle of fish, he might be better than the last two minister for justices.
Here is brother,current minister for justice

http://www.politics.ie/wiki/index.php?t ... ihan%2C_Jr

Brothers,uncles,first cousins and so on....its like watching Sopranos... :twisted:

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:13 pm

welcome to irish politics sir.

brian and conor lenihan and there auntie Mary o'rourke. brian and conor's dad is the famous brian lenihan snr who had various roles such as justice in the 1950-1990's.

there are 3 siblings in dail eireann right now. the kitts

berite's borther, noel is a minsiter for state

a married couple - orla enright and some guy from donegal

many of today's politicans had fathers in dail eireann many moons ago. very much a case of many family connections even in local politics.

anyway do not worry, brian jnr is nowhere near as bad as mcdowell or his idiot brother and auntie.

Platinum

Post by Platinum » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:42 pm

I e-mailed Brian Lenihan a couple days ago, and haven't even received an acknowledgment of my e-mail, let alone an actual answer. I don't really expect one, in any case.

joesoap101
Member of Standing

Post by joesoap101 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:44 pm

walrusgumble wrote:welcome to irish politics sir.

brian and conor lenihan and there auntie Mary o'rourke. brian and conor's dad is the famous brian lenihan snr who had various roles such as justice in the 1950-1990's.

anyway do not worry, brian jnr is nowhere near as bad as mcdowell or his idiot brother and auntie.
Mary O'Rourke, the auntie once exclaimed that her election team 'worked like blacks'....

“It was meant in a complimentary fashion, praising the hard work of my team and indirectly myself,â€

stmani

Post by stmani » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:09 pm

this minister looks like he doesnt give a bullks about the immigrants and immigration.......all he's here for is to get his own pockets filled up while on a trip to parliament.

bfg
Newly Registered

Post by bfg » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:29 pm

What makes you say he is useless before he has a chance there was a lot of scepticsm when he was made Minister for Overseas Aid but most people in that sector will say he did an a very good job there

I'd give him a chance before making judgement

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:17 am

very good point there. but, the intergration post would affect the country a little more domestically. and he would have much support/pressure from groups such as goal and trocaire. no offence but it is not exactly a challenging post. but yes you are right maybe he will be good, because politically the lenihan-o'rourke stock have always done pretty good when given posts (even mary,,, sometimes)

but i wont apologise for my comments about him i am afraid from many of my correspondences with the guy of the years. the amount of times he gets stick in the dail

has anyone aynalised what his post is? will he have a role in immigration or will it be similar to what i believe it wiil be, as stated in previous post?

i really really do not wanna be pessimistic but i reckon brian will be concentrating on criminal justice and the police for a while (browni points before the next reshuffle) cause mccdowell made a hash on that area.

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:32 am

walrusgumble Some editing there :)

If you know what i mean :lol: :lol:
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.