ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got residency, now what?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hussie
Newly Registered

Got residency, now what?

Post by hussie » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:11 pm

Hi Guys

I've been seemingly lucky enough to get hte 5 year residency while only applying for Citizenship by naturalization:

MORE INFO ABOUT MY APPLICATIONS (if you need)
WHAT I RECEIVED:
Permission to remain in Ireland for 5 years without any further work authorisation requirement. (HOORAY! No more work permits!)
WHAT I DID:
Submitted form 8 for applying for citizenship through naturalization in Mar2006. Got response that I missed a period/stamp in my passport. Resubmitted in Aug2006 (when I qualified) and got the authorization in Sep2006. They say this will be while they review my application.

MY QUESTION NOW IS:
What other paperwork will be required in the end. I had to submit P60's etc. in the initial application. I would like to start doing contract work which means I won't get any more P60s. Will this be an issue?

What happens if I want to do contract work elsewhere in Europe? Will this be allowed? Should I set up an irish company and then contract through that?

The reason I ask is that someone told me that a friend did it and couldn't get residency in the end because of no P60s.

Thanks for your advice in advance

TRV

Post by TRV » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:49 pm

hi,

how long it took to get your 5 year residency, when did you apply and when did u receive approval?

Thanks

hussie
Newly Registered

Post by hussie » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:09 pm

Hi TRV

I applied after being here for 6 years almost. (laziness mostly and the fact that there's SO much details and paperwork to supply).

However somewhere I missed either permission to stay in the country in the final year (3 months missing) so I had to wait until I have one full year of legally residing in IE.

So it's something like this:
I entered Ireland in June 2000.
In Mar 2006 I applied.
About two weeks later they confirmed that they received my application and gave me a reference number
Then another week or so later they told me that I don't have 1 year continuous stay before my application. (even though I had 6 year almost but with the gap in the final year)
In August I had that again and forwarded the latest photocopy of my stamps in my passport.
In Sept 2006 (yes, about 5 weeks after qualifying) they sent me the 5 year residency letter. I coulnd't believe it. I didn't even know it's possible. So now I'm in the looong wait for 20-24 months. :-)

marialear

Post by marialear » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:31 pm

Wow hussie, you lucky pup!

I applied for Naturalization & Long Term Residency in August 2006, got the reference numbers for both, but so far that's it.

When I applied for LTR, I was told it would take 14-16 weeks to process. I called Dept of Justice Immigration section and was told before Christmas that LTR apps were taking 20-24 weeks to process, then told yesterday it's 30+ weeks..... sigh.....

Annoying, but at least I know now it really does exist and someone out there is getting an approval!!

Congrats!

Maria

TRV

Post by TRV » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:36 pm

i applied on july 10th for LTR, still awaiting for an answer (29 weeks still counting), tried calling them, never been lucky...(if I am lucky I won't be here)...

30 weeks + !!!! sigh.....

hussie
Newly Registered

Post by hussie » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:47 pm

For those who care, here's the response from the immigration office. (Per email. About 2 weeks after the original letter was sent to them)

"Dear Mr. Coetzee,

Thank you for your recent letter concerning the above.
The situation is as follows,:- as a self employed person you are liable for tax and Social Insurance deductions.
A statement of these would be available from the Revenue Commissioners in lieu of the P21 you would have submitted as a direct employee of a company. You will be paying Class S social insurance contributions and a statement from the Department of Social Affairs outlining these may also be available to you.

The only other paperwork would be the stamps on your passport ( photocopied as before), and your household utility bills ( photocopied) as you would have submitted as proof of your continuous residence.

I trust this information will be of assistance to you

Yours sincerely "

hershey
Newly Registered

Post by hershey » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:18 pm

Hi, everyone! I applied for the LTR before Christmas 2006,. I phoned them today just to make sure that they recived my documents, as i haven't heard from the them. Yes, they receievd it, gave me a refernce number, but the sad thing is, there is a back log on the applications, that I have to wait for 40 weeks processing from the time they received the docs. So, i'd say we have to wait a liitle bit longer...

joesoap101
Member of Standing

Post by joesoap101 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:57 pm

Its a joke, everyday the waiting period increases. Now its 40 weeks, it was 36 weeks a couple of days ago.

And applications for naturalisation is now taking 30 months instead of 24. If only the politicians would invest the same effort into this issue as they do campaigning for the Irish Illegals in the US and the Irish prisoners in the UK things might change for the better.

hershey
Newly Registered

Post by hershey » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:16 pm

hi! will somebody tell me, how much are we going to pay for the long term residency visa?

thanks!

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:35 pm

it wont cost you anything other then you have to wait 8 months for it. thats what they said to me last week, so for now, you might have to wait for 10 months instead, they keep adding time on top of it. i also been told that last week that they are processing may 2006 application. i think marialear mentioned somewhere in the forum that they processing some other month. the information we have been giving is different. i do not know why. perhaps, may be few more months later. they might want to start to charge money for long term residency application which just like the gnib card. i would not be surprise if they do that but i doubt the time to access the application wont get shorter. this is a fact

joesoap101
Member of Standing

Post by joesoap101 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:05 pm

They will almost surely start charging for it, and then double the waiting times... the Irish way.

This kinda links in with demanding a 10% pay increase and a reduction of working hours - common sense in this country is in short supply!

greentea

Post by greentea » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:37 am

Does anybody have received the LTR rencently or any more updates on the processing time.

:roll: