ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success (PEO Croydon): Tier 1(G) + WP + 1 Dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

timtom
Newly Registered

ILR Success (PEO Croydon): Tier 1(G) + WP + 1 Dependent

Post by timtom » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:04 pm

Hello

Firstly many thanks to all for your invaluable advice and contributions. My ILR was approved today @ Croydon PEO. Just thought I'd write in to contribute my experience which I hope will be of some help.

My circumstances:
Work Permit: Entry Clearance (9 January 09)
Physically entered the UK (25 January 09)
Initial Tier 1 granted: 26 July 2009
Renewal: 18 Sept 2012 (exp Sept 2014)
Date of ILR application: 13 December 2013 (used 90 day concession rule)

Documents:
1 completed SET(O) form
Passports (current + previous) for my wife and I
LIUK pass test certificates (for wife and I)
Trinity Grade 5 GESE pass certificate (for both wife and I(
Schedule of absences from the UK (195 days in total)
Letters from previous employers confirming annual leave entitlement and employment dates
Letters from current employer confirming salary, annual leave and business trips
12 payslips + corresponding bank statements
P60s for the past 5 years
Evidence of cohabitation covering 2 years up to the date of ILR application- 25 documents comprising an assortment of bank statements, payslips, council tax letters, utility bills and marriage certificate
Photocopies of all the above (except for the Set(O) form). For the passports, I only photocopied the biodata pages and any that contained entry/exit stamps and foreign/uk visas.

The experience:
The office in Croydon looks fairly drab from the outside but the interior has been refurbished and looks quite slick. Security and staff were friendly and were on hand to guide us through the building. We had to walk up 3 flights of stairs to where we needed to be. So the chronology of events were as follows:

10:00am - Arrived for security screening
10:05am - Presented payment sheet, confirmation of appointment, passports and BRPs. Officer checked them, issued a number and instructed us to wait till for our number to be called.
10:30am - Number called. Were asked for payment sheet, passports, BRPs, form and all supporting documents to be placed in their clear folders. Was then told to wait for biometrics to be taken.
11:00am - Biometrics taken. We also handed over our forms, BRPs, passports and supporting documents. We were then told to go to the cafeteria and wait for a decision. We proceeded to the cafeteria and looked out for our number.
11:30am - Number shown as 'Ready for collection'. Proceeded to the counter. A gentleman informed us that our application was successful, returned all original documents and an approval letter. Were told that the BRPs would be delivered within 5 working days.

The process was smoother than I had expected. Breathed a huge sigh of relief as I left the building. Well thats it! Good luck to you all and feel free to ask if you have any questions (i'll do my best to answer).

DNEOLA
Newly Registered

Post by DNEOLA » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:52 am

Hi

Please can you post the schedule of absence you used

Thanks

DNEOLA
Newly Registered

Post by DNEOLA » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:58 am

I have a appointment next week and have the below queries 

1 As the payment is made in advance what do u fill on the set o form. Are we meant to leave this section blank?

2. What did u state reason for absences as? All my holidays are for family visit and within180 days each year 

3. Do you include all absence from the date you entered the country or from 5 years backwards from the day of application. Also did you submit a separate spreadsheet or just use the space on the form? 

4. Ties with other countries. How did complete this section. For e.g. india -country of birth? 

timtom
Newly Registered

Post by timtom » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:40 am

Hi

1. Just leave it blank. You only need to present the payment sheet you received when you paid for your appointment.

2. Kept it simple, just indicated either 'holiday' or 'business'. No need to provide any more details than that.

3. Counted absences backwards 5 years from date of application. Included my own spreadsheet because I had quite a few business trips. Schedule I used was very simple - Date (from) / Date (to), Country visited, Number of days away, Reason.

4. Just wrote 'India' - immediate and extended family.

If there is one key piece of advice I would give, it would be keep it simple and don't over-engineer your application (especially if it is straightforward). Also don't give them more than they ask for.

Good luck for next week.

DNEOLA
Newly Registered

Post by DNEOLA » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:40 pm

If i calculate 5 years backwards e.g. 24/12/13...I wouldnt have been in the country then as I am using the 90 day concession rule. I entered the country on 29th January 2009 and first entry clerance is on 13 January 2009

What would you do in this instance??

timtom
Newly Registered

Post by timtom » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:06 pm

Hi

The rule is clear that you need to calculate your absences 5 years back from the date of your application. I initially had the same concern as yours i.e. that I was not in the country in Dec 08. However I was advised that this was fine and I don't need to count the period between that date (Dec 08) to entry clearance date as an absence in my absence schedule. The UKBA did not question or raise any concerns.

intalex
Kenya

Post by intalex » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:25 am

Congrats!

Did you use the latest version of the form (12/2013) released on or around 1st December, or did you use the previous version (10/2013)?

timtom
Newly Registered

Post by timtom » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:28 am

Thanks! I used the latest version (12/2013).

wannafly
Newly Registered

Post by wannafly » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:42 pm

I have an appointment for ILR at croydon on 23rd dec. I have a question on
6.1 --> When did you first enter UK. My initail Tier 1 was from 9th Jan 2009 and entered UK on 8th Feb 2009. falls well within the 90 days rule.

Then there is another question 7.11 - how long you have lived in the UK.

if I start counting from 8th Feb, I would only complete 4 years 10 months and 15 days considering I am applying on 23rd Dec. Is this OK or what shall I enter

Thanks in advance.

timtom
Newly Registered

Post by timtom » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:50 pm

I entered 4 years 11 months as the rule says you should apply no earlier than 28 days before your 5th anniversary.

chrissie2
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Success (PEO Croydon): Tier 1(G) + WP + 1 Dependent

Post by chrissie2 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:24 am

Hi
I am on Tier 1 General, doing ILR, using form Set(O).
I'd be very grateful for your thoughts:
* Payment form: I paid online when booking the appointment but don't seem to have received an email as confirmation. It shows on my bank statement though. I also have the Appointment booking email. Is this a problem?
* Do I need to take a copy of my completed Set(O) form?
* 1 of my payslips of the last year is missing. I am employed fulltime and permanently, with the same salary each month. The amount shows on my bank statement, as well as on a letter from my employer. Person dealing with payslips is now on holiday so I can't get a copy. Is this a problem?
* My husband is applying as my dependent. Do I need to have his "5 year travel history" and confirmation of those trips, as well?
* For my dates spent abroad, I only have a sheet listing my trips, as well as my employer letter confirming I took annual leave for those dates. Is this enough?
Any other advice would be very welcome.
Thanks.

timtom
Newly Registered

Post by timtom » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:05 am

Hello

1. Payment form: In order to book the appointment you would have had to register and create an account online. If you log in to your account on the PEO appointment booking page (my account on top right hand side of page), you will be able to view (download and print) a pdf copy of the payment sheet. On the day of the appointment they will ask to see the payment sheet, the email confirmation of your appointment and your completed SET(O) form.

2. SET(O) form: No you don't need to make a copy of the form.

3. Missing payslip: Should be fine if stated on employer's letter and you can back it up with bank statements. If you like, you can point it out to them and explain somewhere on the form but it should be fine.

4. Travel history: No need for your dependent's travel history.

5. Dates spent abroad: Spreadsheet and confirmation of business trips and/or annual leave from employer should suffice. I provided the same. The letter from your employer should confirm any business trips and your annual leave entitlement. Apparently they don't even ask for it if you've been absent < 180 days in each of the 12 month periods preceding your application but just provide it anyway.

General piece of advice: Keep it simple and don't over-engineer your application e.g. providing cover letters etc. Don't give them things they didn't ask for.

Good luck and all the best.

chrissie2
Newly Registered

Post by chrissie2 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:39 am

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. This is very helpful - especially point number 1.

May your stay in the UK be long and blessed and successful!

sb86

Post by sb86 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:03 pm

Hello,

I was reading this thread and many of the questions are similar to what I was wondering too.
I am going to Croydon for ILR on monday 27th.

I just wanted your advice about the absences. When calculating the number of days outside the UK, did you include the date you left and the date you came back to the UK? I think I have around 7 days above the 180 days (with the date out and date coming back included), do you think this will cause issues?

chrissie2
Newly Registered

Post by chrissie2 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:29 pm

Hi, I'm also going tomorrow.

I understand that only FULL DAYS SPENT OUTSIDE OF THE UK count. So yours should be okay.

Question for you - for trips abroad I only have a list and also letter from employer saying how much annual leave I get. Should I print all my booking confirmation etc as well?

Good luck for tomorrow!

sb86

Post by sb86 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:35 pm

Hello

Well I only made the list of absences. My employer letter doesn't say my allowed annual leave but I don't think its essential. No need for booming confirmation as the stamps on passport will reflect the dates you mentioned.

Good luck to you as well! What time is yours? In Croydon?

chrissie2
Newly Registered

Post by chrissie2 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:45 pm

Thank you. Yes, Croydon, at 08h50.

Best of luck, I hope yours goes well.