ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

14years

Citizenship Ceremony question

Post by 14years » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:34 am

Hi All

I received my approval letter just over a week ago and it states that I ll receive ceremony invitation letter within 2 weeks. I called local council and they informed me that home office will send me that letter but I have read on this forum many times that letter came from council. Can any one please shed some light on who will sends the invitation letter?

Does it matter how you actually applied for initially? Whether it was sent through NCS or self posted.

Many Thanks

VR

It comes from the home office

Post by VR » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:00 am

It does not matter how you applied , whether through NCS, a solicitor or directly.

Only difference is if you applied through a solicitor and the fee was paid by them through their business account, then all the letters usually go to their address.
cheers
vr

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:53 am

It varies from council to council. When I got approval, it was clearly mentioned in approval letter " you must not contact you council, they will contact you". And they did in a week or so.

My friend lives in a different county and when he got approved he was asked to contact his council and book ceremony.

So, just chill out.

joy2006

Post by joy2006 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:36 am

When i got my approval letter, it stated that i should contact my council which i did and the ceremony date was booked for me there and then. They then told me that they will send me a letter confirming the ceremony details a week prior to the ceremony. So i think that different councils do things differently.

VR

I contacted the Council

Post by VR » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:59 pm

They told me the paper will arrive by Friday from the home office and asked me to wait for my invitation letter.

The Invitation went to my solicitor and I confirmed the appointment over the phone and said I could only come with a copy of the letter (scanned and sent to me by my solicitor and not the original).
cheers
vr