ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

got an interview !!

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cinik
Newly Registered

got an interview !!

Post by cinik » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:56 am

Hello guys I want some help from you... Please guys help me.. M really tensed ..m

I submitted my application on 27th dec.,2013 at vfs chandigarh. And status of my application is as follows :

27th dec. - your applicatin has been forward to british high commission.

2nd jan - your application is under process at british high commission.

14th jan. - candidate is required to attend a personal interview at british high commision.

And yesterday I got a call from vfs about the confirmation for an interview and to schedule it..

Guys m really tensed as I dunn knw what dey will ask me dre ? N wat will happen ? I m really scared ... For what happns after an interview !! Will I get my visa or it will be a refusal ?? Please guys help me m really tensed please

Sorry fo lot of ques. Bt I wnt some help please $

Thanks

Deviser

Re: got an interview !!

Post by Deviser » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:28 am

cinik wrote:Hello guys I want some help from you... Please guys help me.. M really tensed ..m

I submitted my application on 27th dec.,2013 at vfs chandigarh. And status of my application is as follows :

27th dec. - your applicatin has been forward to british high commission.

2nd jan - your application is under process at british high commission.

14th jan. - candidate is required to attend a personal interview at british high commision.

And yesterday I got a call from vfs about the confirmation for an interview and to schedule it..

Guys m really tensed as I dunn knw what dey will ask me dre ? N wat will happen ? I m really scared ... For what happns after an interview !! Will I get my visa or it will be a refusal ?? Please guys help me m really tensed please

Sorry fo lot of ques. Bt I wnt some help please $

Thanks
Have you ever give IELTS / TOEFL Speaking test? It will be just like that.

They will just ask you about your personal details and about:

>Your previous education
>Your money / financial sponsor
>Your College/University
>Your course of study in UK
>Your accomodation in UK

Thats it!

cinik
Newly Registered

Post by cinik » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:01 pm

Thx for u kind rply.... But can u tell me is there any chances of visa refusal after an interview ? I m really tensed .. And how much time would visa officer take to give decision after an interview ....

N yeah I hv given my ielts exam ... But still I want your help please rply me soon
Thx

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:04 pm

They can even refuse your visa if they don't like your face. Its upto visa officer.

You may be informed on spot or time can be taken to investigate further if needed.

cinik
Newly Registered

Post by cinik » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:56 pm

Olryt....
So it means basically the interview is to check the language ability and facial expressions of the student or it means something else... Please reply
Thanks

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:12 pm

Deviser wrote:They can even refuse your visa if they don't like your face. Its upto visa officer.

You may be informed on spot or time can be taken to investigate further if needed.
of course they can't refuse the visa if they don't like your face.

rav_1113
Newly Registered

interview

Post by rav_1113 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:48 pm

i am in similar situation and yesterday i got a call for interview at Embassy.

But in my case i have lived in uk before as i did my undergraduate from reputed UK university.
My recent stay in uk was under TIER 1 genral.

Now i am switching to Tier 4 and got an interview.

If i am granted tier4 after my studies i am also eligibile for indefinite under long term residence i.e 10 years.

Do you think the interview is just for basic purpose purpose or they could make up any reason to refuse it.And what should i be really careful about?

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:07 pm

they will be interviewing you to establish whether you are a genuine student and can speak English to the required standard.

rav_1113
Newly Registered

Post by rav_1113 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:22 pm

Greenie wrote:they will be interviewing you to establish whether you are a genuine student and can speak English to the required standard.
well that should not be a problem at all if thats the case. but i am still doubtfull because my english ability they could have judged from my applicaton as i did my undergraduate and have also worked in sklled job in uk .

you still think its just to check if i am geninune student or they trying to find out more from me?

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:28 pm

rav_1113
Newly Registered

Post by rav_1113 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:35 pm

thanks . also i read is that ukba is going to interview around 100k students this year. so that could be a reason too

rav_1113
Newly Registered

Post by rav_1113 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:06 pm

I had an interview on 18th and it was very short and caseworker replied looked very positive, though i have not heard from them since 18th.

There was another person who got asked so many question and his interview went very long and he got the passport back on same day in the evening.

What you guys think could be a matter? can it be something to with that i have lived in UK before and i am switching from work permit to student visa.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:17 pm

The fact that you have most recently been in the UK under tier 1 general may lead them to believe that you are not a genuine student and that you are only applying for a tier 4 visa to qualify under the 10 year rule. You just need to wait.

rav_1113
Newly Registered

Post by rav_1113 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:57 pm

Greenie wrote:The fact that you have most recently been in the UK under tier 1 general may lead them to believe that you are not a genuine student and that you are only applying for a tier 4 visa to qualify under the 10 year rule. You just need to wait.
well the interviewer looked very convinced and agreed with me on 3-4 questions she asked, also checked the date i got back from uk.

she asked me if would be working with my previous employer i told her they are like 150 miles away from where i will be studying. Interview lasted max-2 minutes.she said she will issue me and i will hear in 2-3 days.

all other applicants who had interview that day were stuck in interview for 15-20 mins at least and one of them i knw who had interview for 20 mins and was very nervous and was going same course as me, got the visa same day later on.

so it confuses me.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:08 pm

well no one here can second guess the decision maker - your immigraton history is clearly relevent to the consideration. If you think you satisfied the decision maker then what are you worrying about - just wait for the decision

cinik
Newly Registered

Post by cinik » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:03 pm

I had olso attended an interview on 18 th of jan but still I didn't get any answer by them ... As I hv applied for tier 4 general visa for first time only... So how many days could it take more to take decision ?? Rply asap
Thx

rav_1113
Newly Registered

Post by rav_1113 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:17 pm

cinik wrote:I had olso attended an interview on 18 th of jan but still I didn't get any answer by them ... As I hv applied for tier 4 general visa for first time only... So how many days could it take more to take decision ?? Rply asap
Thx
what time was your interview and institution? i know someone who had interview that day, he got the visa same day.

how long it your interview lasted?

cinik
Newly Registered

Post by cinik » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:39 pm

I had given interview at new delhi bhc and the time of my interview was 11:30 am ...
And my interview ws for about 8 mins apprx..
N cn u tell whr did u give ur interview??

rav_1113
Newly Registered

Post by rav_1113 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:27 pm

cinik wrote:I had given interview at new delhi bhc and the time of my interview was 11:30 am ...
And my interview ws for about 8 mins apprx..
N cn u tell whr did u give ur interview??
My interview was early in the morning, lasted for max 2 mins.
What did they say after the interview. You knw anyone else who had interview same day and their response?

cinik
Newly Registered

Post by cinik » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:48 am

Nthn much ... She ws lookin satisfied with my interview... after an interview she said ur decision will be fair witha a smiling face.... N it will be surely before ur course begin... Dts it

U dinn tell me dt whr ur interview was ? In delhi ? Or somwhere else ?

rav_1113
Newly Registered

Post by rav_1113 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:14 pm

well i got mines :)

poonam360
Newly Registered

got personal interview

Post by poonam360 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:53 am

hi team,

i got a call from bhc new delhi on 2nd december,2013 that i have to go for personal interview at bhc office new delhi on 18th december which is too late,as i have applied for visa on 12november ,2103.

its been 3 working days ,but i didn't get any reply from bhc new delhi....how much time it takes usually .....is there any body who is facing the same issue??????????????