ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Query; Advice needed

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jibo

ILR Query; Advice needed

Post by Jibo » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:19 am

Hello forum member

I have a question which I hope will be answered on this forum.

I and my family got a tier 1 visa in December 2009 and arrived in January 2010. My wife is the main applicant and myself and our daughter following as dependant.

We are due for ILR in December 2014 but my wife may not have completed 12months on a job at that time because she stopped working in feb this year which was about 4 months to when we had our baby due to tiredness.

The baby had complication which required a surgery 12 days after birth and due for another surgery in another 2 months but will require care from my wife for another 3-6 months which will take us to about July next year before she starts applying again and by the time she is ready to start work, extension is due.

That is my case and here is what I need advice on,

The last twelve months she worked, she worked with the NHS and also worked as a research scientist with a medical doctor who has now left the UK but before the doctor left, he was supposed to pay my wife some money but sent some through someone which I received and deposited for her because she couldn't go out at that time so the deposit showed I'm the one that deposited the cash in her account and the rest was used for some others things in our home country so the money used in home country had no bank entry here in UK but all the money was declared for tax purposes and tax fully paid on the money declared.

But all the while I have been working and earning about £38k a year since we got into UK and now earn over £45k a year and I’ve been supporting the family without our taking any benefit or tax relief of any sort.

How do we go about our application? Do I inform the home office about our situation before hand or get a solicitor to help file the application when the time comes or talk to our local MP on our situation.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Jibo on Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jibo

Post by Jibo » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:52 am

Hi Everyone

Over 120 views but no single reply :shock: :roll: :(

Gurus in the house can anyone be of help?

Jibo

Post by Jibo » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:31 pm

I thought people do come here to offer help???

akhan25

Post by akhan25 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:01 am

U r not clear in ur post r u on tier1 or ur wife we are doesnt clarify it as who is the main tier 1 if thats u and u r working all this time then ur wife not working doesnt matter as long as u r all self sufficient.

Jibo

Post by Jibo » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:31 pm

@akhan25
Thanks for your reply but i wrote on the third line in the post that my wife is the main applicant

akhan25

Post by akhan25 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:28 am

Well if ur both income is sufficient enough for the points then I dint aee any problem just have a cover note to explain loss of income for ur wife.

omomamao1
Newly Registered

Post by omomamao1 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:11 pm

Hi Akhan25

You have not stated whether she is working with a company or self employed. In case of the former, there should be a maternity leave or sort from her employer. For the latter then suggestion 3 is the way out.

Irrespective of her economic status, these are the suggestions i can give. The gurus will surely comment on these.

1. There is need for her to call the HO on her situation. Take note of the date and time of the call.

2. She can also obtain all the medical certificates concerning her health and her child's operations. I sincerely believe that this is enough to cover part of the 15-12 months economic activity the main applicant is expected to produce on application for either ILR or Extension.

3. Your wife could resort to self employed while at home now. This is a kind of fall back measure. She could registered as self employed with HRMC and obtain a certificate or registration letter as a proof. This last suggestion is just to say that she has been economically active.