ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite leave to remain Tier 2: English language test

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

TonyG2013
Newly Registered

Indefinite leave to remain Tier 2: English language test

Post by TonyG2013 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:52 pm

Dear All,

It’s about the English language obligatory test for Indefinite leave to remain for Tier 2. In general, I do understand the requirement and agree with this. Not a good thing at all if someone gets settled not being able to speak English.
On the other hand that’s the situation: you pass your IELTS English test to get your Tier 2 visa, you work 5 years as a University lecturer in the UK, teaching in English. Later, when time comes to apply for your indefinite leave to remain you should take the language test to show “ESOL Skills for Life Level 3” minimum, what is actually a low level. In this particular case the requirement sounds very interesting. There is no exemption for this particular or similar case.

Has anyone faced this situation? Does anyone know what is the rationale behind this requirement?

Thanks very much.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:30 pm

Are you sure you have correctly understood the requirement ? Are you sure they are asking you to do a test?

hulobilai
Newly Registered

same here

Post by hulobilai » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:00 pm

we got the same situation! Only I am on Work permit visa! I do teach in UNI..and I had to do the IELTS..again...!

Tier1immigrant

Post by Tier1immigrant » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:34 pm

Why did you do it again?

a) because you were not sure whether you had to; or

b) were you sure you had to?

Cynosure_aks
Newly Registered

Post by Cynosure_aks » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:55 pm

Hi,

I am in the same situation, I have done IELTS in 2009 applying for Tier1 first time, do I need to go for the test again as it is valid only for two years. can some please answer the query.