ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship with expired IELTS

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mdaoud
Newly Registered

British citizenship with expired IELTS

Post by mdaoud » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:51 am

Hey guys,

Firstly I would like to thank you for your great help and guidance. You really make the application's preparation really easy and well organised.

I am planning to apply for my citizenship on March 2014. I have seen a lot of answers in the forum stating that I can apply with my expired IELTS (issued May 2009).

I would like to ask if anyone applied recently with expired English certificate? Did the Home Office accepted the application or there were any issues?

Thanks

rahim_dad

Post by rahim_dad » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:23 am

I have exactly the same question on my wife's behalf with the only difference being that she gave her test in April 2010 and uptill not have to use in any British Visa application as it wasn't required

rahim_dad

Post by rahim_dad » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:17 pm

The answer is here:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=153742

in conclucsion YES it should be fine to use an expired test according to this link

mdaoud
Newly Registered

Post by mdaoud » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:22 pm

rahim_dad wrote:The answer is here:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=153742

in conclucsion YES it should be fine to use an expired test according to this link
Yeah, all answers confirm that it is OK to apply with the expired IELTS. However, it will be good to know if someone went through this and got accepted!

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:34 pm

I got a confirmation email from Nationality Helpdesk stating the expired IELTS certificate is acceptable for settlement and naturlisation purposes.

mdaoud
Newly Registered

Post by mdaoud » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:59 am

Thank you guys for your reply and help, much appreciated!

MattSule

Post by MattSule » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:58 pm

Amber or VR, can we please make IELTS a STICKY? almost every new visitor ask a question on ielts...

mdaoud
Newly Registered

Post by mdaoud » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:38 pm

MattSule wrote:Amber or VR, can we please make IELTS a STICKY? almost every new visitor ask a question on ielts...
My question here has nothing to do with what you guys received from the Home Office. I am completely aware that a lot of you guys in here have received a letter from the Home Office stating that you can submit your expired English certificate.

My question here is if anyone submitted his application with expired certificate and what was the Home Office response.

I hope my question is clear :)

MattSule

Post by MattSule » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:55 pm

mdaoud,

Applications for the "Knowledge of Language" started after 28th October and HO has not even started looking at those.

My suggestion earlier was directed to Amber and VR, and it's left to them to make the topic (IELTS) a STICKY.

mdaoud
Newly Registered

Post by mdaoud » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:00 pm

MattSule wrote:mdaoud,

Applications for the "Knowledge of Language" started after 28th October and HO has not even started looking at those.

My suggestion earlier was directed to Amber and VR, and it's left to them to make the topic (IELTS) a STICKY.
I thought you are answering my question as your reply was in that post!
Anyway, thanks for letting me know that the HO didn't start looking at the new applications. I really appreciate your help.

It will be good to know what was the HO response in such case :)