ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sb2009

ILR application queries

Post by sb2009 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:24 pm

I am applying for ILR in the first week of Feb 2014, based on Tier 1 (G), with no dependents.

I have a few queries on the ILR application process

1. I booked my appointment with Liverpool office. I wanted to know what is the process of application at this location.

Do we get to meet the case worker and submit the documents in person; or do we have to submit the documents in a folder given by them, and wait for the outcome?

I am planning to file my documents based on this.

2. The latest SET (O) form available is Version 12/2013. Can i use this version to start filling in, or should i wait till January first week and download the application then to fill and submit? Is there any rule that the version should be latest?

I am planning to fill in now, as i got some good Christmas holidays, and have some free time.

3. Below is the list of documents which i am going to submit. Are all required present?

Documets required (to be submitted with application):

1. 2 Passport size photographs, according to UKBA specification (With name on back side).
2. Passport + BRP Card (Current and previous ones, if any).
3. SET (O) application form (Ensure it is the latest version prior to appointment date??).
4. Printout of appointment email confirmation.
5. Printout of appointment booking payment confirmation.
6. Bank statements, on bank letter head, for last 12 months (Highlight salary row).
7. Payslips for last 12 months, on company letter head.
8. Employer/Personal letter stating absences out of UK in last 5 years.
9. Life in the UK test pass certificate (Original).
10. Original Degree certificate, for which points are claimed on PBS calculator.
11. Printout of PBS calculator (Points for Qualification, 12 months earnings, UK experience and Age).
12. Photocopies of all the above documents, excluding SET (O) (To be kept separately from originals).

Additional documents (not to be submitted with application, but to carry them for security):

13. UKNARIC Statement of Comparison that degree is equivalent to UK Degree.
14. P60s for last 5 years or Employment history for last 5 years from HMRC.
15. Employer letter, on company letter head, confirming the 12 months salary payment.
16. Employer reference letter, on company letter head (confirming employment, employee number, and NI number).

ryans
Newly Registered

Post by ryans » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:57 pm

1. You meet the case worker in person

2. It is always good to use the latest form but there is a slim chance that there were will be a change in the forms in the next 2 weeks hence you could use the current forms.

3. The documents look good.

In case you are working via Limited company, it might be a good option to get the Accountant Letter etc. (if applicable)

sb2009

Post by sb2009 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:08 pm

I have seen the below link, which mentions that the Forms are going to change as the KoLL requirements are changing after 28th Oct 2013.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -new-forms

So, does it mean that the forms will not change in the near future, as there are no known changes to ILR application process as of now??

ryans
Newly Registered

Post by ryans » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:56 am

The current SET (O) form has to be used by all applicants applying after 1st Dec 2013:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ement/seto