ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success @croydon PEO 24-Dec-2013

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

akvk47

ILR success @croydon PEO 24-Dec-2013

Post by akvk47 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:51 am

Hi All,

Many thanks for all the members in the forum, even though no one answered my query regarding quires on ILR application I got useful information from here. The process was really smooth (not expected to be).

My appointment was at 11:00am but was allowed inside at 10:00am, went through the security check and proceeded to 3 rd floor and took the token number for this they required my appointment letter, completed SET (O) application passport and BRP cards mine and my wife's. After this I was given token number and the lady told u r number will be displayed we can go and sit in cafeteria, after 10 mins I was called for registering my case with all documents for both of us. It took about 15 mins and I was told I can wait there we will be called for biometrics after 5 mins we went for biometrics this was done in 10-15 mins. From here the waiting started and it was 11:15 my case was under consideration the wait was Killing but at the end by around 12:30 I was called for collection and the officer told he can't say the decision but please take u r original docs and my BRP cards will come in 7-10 days. After moving away form the desk I checked and my application was approved.
Went to cafeteria and checked all my docs and ALL WAS WELL.

Had a really nice experience even though the weather was not good.

The documents I provided with my application:

Completed SET (O) application with 4 photos 2 each with full name on the back.
Covering letter mentioning all the original docs I am submitting.
PBS points calculator print out with points showing that I am qualified for ILR.
My previous home office letters
M.sc certificate from UK
Last 12 months payslips
Last 12 months bank statement
P60 (1)
Absence letter for last 5 years from previous employer , self declaration of holidays and letter form current employer.

Cohabitation documents:
Wife's degree taught in English certificate and PBS print out with the her qualification showing 30 pints and 10 for English skills
Council bills, rental agreements, driving licenses, utility bills (on my name) and bank statements

Hope fully this might help any one applying. All the Best

kingfahad35

Re: ILR success @croydon PEO 24-Dec-2013

Post by kingfahad35 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:39 am

Congratulation
Just like to know how many Cohabitation proof u submitted on yours and or on your wife name ........
did Cohabitation covered full 2 years doc's and or you had gap in b/w.
Tier 1 (G) to ILR

akvk47

Post by akvk47 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:45 pm

kingfahad35 wrote:Congratulation
Just like to know how many Cohabitation proof u submitted on yours and or on your wife name ........
did Cohabitation covered full 2 years doc's and or you had gap in b/w.
Hi king,

I had only 2 council tax bills for just 8months,
As I moved to other place and thus was inclusive all bills so I just provided all the previous 3 house contracts on both our names and her bank statements only 5-7 on all the 3 previous and present address with her provisional driving license original.

I did have docs for complete 2 but not continous, I think I was just lucky enough, I heard they should be fine if u prove that u stayed together but they would not be to strict with docs but put all the docs if u had any HOME OFFICE letters with both u r names or separate but should have same address.

Hope fully thus might help you if any doubts pls post them will try to reply ASAP

Akvk47

omomamao1
Newly Registered

Do Non-UK Graduate partner need ESOL for ILR

Post by omomamao1 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:55 pm

Congrats Akvk47,

I hope i have not missed your previous post . Didn't you and your wife submit your life in UK test certificates? Did your wife submit ESOL or it was just her Degree certificate and the point calculator print out only that was used for ESOL?

akvk47

Re: Do Non-UK Graduate partner need ESOL for ILR

Post by akvk47 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:25 pm

omomamao1 wrote:Congrats Akvk47,

I hope i have not missed your previous post . Didn't you and your wife submit your life in UK test certificates? Did your wife submit ESOL or it was just her Degree certificate and the point calculator print out only that was used for ESOL?
Sorry I forgot to mention LIUK exam certificate I did submit this, ya just her degree taught in English, B. degree certificate and PBS print out only

Mac_Pro
Newly Registered

Post by Mac_Pro » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:54 pm

Hi akvk47,

My appointment was on 23rd but the letter didn’t explicitly say ‘ILR approved’ but said BRP will be sent 7-10 working days with reference number , can you please let me know the format/content of your letter given by case worker , and also please let me know once you receive ur BRP.

Thanks
Mac

RaniG9
Newly Registered

Post by RaniG9 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:51 pm

Hi,

Congratulations...

Have you submitted only one SET O form for your self and dependants.

Where do the dependant applicant need to sign on SET O form, I can't find the section to sign dependant applicant.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Rani

asdf00713
Newly Registered

Post by asdf00713 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:20 am

No need for the dependents to sign SET (O) form. The main applicant is signing on dependent's behalf.

ferryahmed82

Post by ferryahmed82 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:11 am

congratz akvk47

Can you let us know how many days before you booked the date for same day appointment?

akvk47

Post by akvk47 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:12 pm

Mac_Pro wrote:Hi akvk47,

My appointment was on 23rd but the letter didn’t explicitly say ‘ILR approved’ but said BRP will be sent 7-10 working days with reference number , can you please let me know the format/content of your letter given by case worker , and also please let me know once you receive ur BRP.

Thanks
Mac
Hi Mac,

Yes I was given a letter of approval with letters for me and my dependent stating that our original docs are being returned and my BRP cards will be sent in 7-10 days

I think they should have given u the approval letter as we'll, any ways I will let u know once I receive my BRP cards

Akvk47

akvk47

Post by akvk47 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:14 pm

ferryahmed82 wrote:congratz akvk47

Can you let us know how many days before you booked the date for same day appointment?
Hi Ahmed,

I think I booked 10 days before the date of appointment

Akvk47

RaniG9
Newly Registered

Post by RaniG9 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:05 am

Hi akvk47,

Would you please reply to my queries.

Best Regards,
Rani

akvk47

Post by akvk47 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:00 pm

RaniG9 wrote:Hi,

Congratulations...

Have you submitted only one SET O form for your self and dependants.

Where do the dependant applicant need to sign on SET O form, I can't find the section to sign dependant applicant.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Rani
Hi Rani

Sorry for late reply but I thought u got u r answer by asdf00713, anyways dependants do not have to sign any where as u r singing on behalf of them. And it is only one SET (O) form for main and dependent applicants don't forget to use the current version of form 12/2013 released after 01 Dec 2013

All the best with u r application

akvk47

Raju999
Newly Registered

Post by Raju999 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:37 pm

Hi Akvk,

First of all thanks for sharing your experience.

For dependent taught in English certificate I have taken from Acharya Nagarjuna University. They have given print out just on white paper but they have stamped and signed.

Is that enough or should I attest by NARIC ?

Can you please assist on this ?

Thanks
Raju

tree.bronze
Newly Registered

Post by tree.bronze » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:42 pm

Hi akvk47,

I am a bit confused on the Cohabitation document proof. I am planning to apply for ILR in June'14 hence wanted to know the following.

1. Since I am applying in June'14, do I need to give proof of cohabitation of me and wife for the previous 2 years ie. till June 2012 or we can give documents which have individual names on them for the previous 2 years and for the period before that?

2. We have the following docs which have both me and my wife's name from Aug 2012.
i - Tenancy agreement
ii. Council tax bill
iii- Electricity bill
iv Bank statement

Prior to Aug 2012 we have docs which have individual names but the same address.

Could you please clarify?

Regards
-BT

akvk47

Post by akvk47 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:45 pm

Hi BT

For u r first question u should give cohab docs as many as possible for 2 yrs it doesn't matter even if they r not on combined names for ex I have only give 8 months council bill with both of our names rest all were different doc with individual names but should be same address as urs.

For 2 questions u r cohab docs looks fine,just take as many as possible docs with u if any home previous letters take them with u hope fully this will help u just keep an eye on the application form as they usually keep changing the versions

Akvk47

akvk47

Post by akvk47 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:52 pm

Raju999 wrote:Hi Akvk,

First of all thanks for sharing your experience.

For dependent taught in English certificate I have taken from Acharya Nagarjuna University. They have given print out just on white paper but they have stamped and signed.

Is that enough or should I attest by NARIC ?

Can you please assist on this ?

Thanks
Raju
Hi raju,

This should be fine please take the PBS calculator print out with the degree showing points for course and points for English skill and check if the university is listed on their database.

I took print for my wife along with PBS calculator print and her B.tech certificates

Hopefully this will help u

Akvk47

hamakhaa

Post by hamakhaa » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:36 am

Hello there,
I have a question as I am going to croydon on 7th January i.e. next week. Do I need to fill in the payment section as I have already paid online while booking the appointment or leave it blank? What should I do?

Thanks,
Hammad.

Mac_Pro
Newly Registered

Post by Mac_Pro » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:47 pm

Hi Akvk47
I got my BRP today.

Thanks
Mac

akvk47

Post by akvk47 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:52 pm

Mac_Pro wrote:Hi Akvk47
I got my BRP today.

Thanks
Mac
Hi Mac,

Many thanks for letting me know I received my BRP cards today as we'll.

Akvk47

akvk47

Post by akvk47 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:55 pm

hamakhaa wrote:Hello there,
I have a question as I am going to croydon on 7th January i.e. next week. Do I need to fill in the payment section as I have already paid online while booking the appointment or leave it blank? What should I do?

Thanks,
Hammad.

Hi Hammad,

No u do not need to fill that section, just take print out of appointment confirmation and payment receipt.

Akvk47

sheraz_aries
Member of Standing

Post by sheraz_aries » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:06 pm

akvk47 wrote:Hi All,

Many thanks for all the members in the forum, even though no one answered my query regarding quires on ILR application I got useful information from here. The process was really smooth (not expected to be).

My appointment was at 11:00am but was allowed inside at 10:00am, went through the security check and proceeded to 3 rd floor and took the token number for this they required my appointment letter, completed SET (O) application passport and BRP cards mine and my wife's. After this I was given token number and the lady told u r number will be displayed we can go and sit in cafeteria, after 10 mins I was called for registering my case with all documents for both of us. It took about 15 mins and I was told I can wait there we will be called for biometrics after 5 mins we went for biometrics this was done in 10-15 mins. From here the waiting started and it was 11:15 my case was under consideration the wait was Killing but at the end by around 12:30 I was called for collection and the officer told he can't say the decision but please take u r original docs and my BRP cards will come in 7-10 days. After moving away form the desk I checked and my application was approved.

PBS points calculator print out with points showing that I am qualified for ILR.
M.sc certificate from UK
Last 12 months payslips
P60 (1)
Absence letter for last 5 years from previous employer , self declaration of holidays and letter form current employer.

Cohabitation documents:
Wife's degree taught in English certificate and PBS print out with the her qualification showing 30 pints and 10 for English skills
Council bills, rental agreements, driving licenses, utility bills (on my name) and bank statements

Many congratulations, I am trying to book my appointment and got query below that i am sure you can answer:

During the online booking process in a beginning a question they ask which confuse me.

Which category of leave are you applying for?

1 Tier 1 (General)
2 Tier 2
3 Other Main Applicant
4 Dependent

Right now I am on Tier 1(General) in my 5th year. My visa is about to finish in March 2014 So, I am going to applying for SET(O) for ILR.

Do you have any idea that which option do I need to choose.

RaniG9
Newly Registered

Post by RaniG9 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:22 pm

Thanks very much for the response.

Regards,
Rani

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:25 pm

akvk47 wrote:Hi All,

M.sc certificate from UK
Last 12 months payslips
P60 (1)

Cohabitation documents:

Many Congratulations,
Just a quick question. Is there any maintenance requirements for ILR or not.
Thanks
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

davidvelpula
Newly Registered

Post by davidvelpula » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:57 pm

congrats,
why did you provided 12 months of bank statements and payslips? according to the requirement they need only 3 months.
Please explain..
Thanks