ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expired IELTS or Expired B1 Cert Please Read Here **********

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Expired IELTS or Expired B1 Cert Please Read Here **********

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:34 pm

Following is the text of a reply received from UKBA / Home Office.

Thank your for your e-mail to the Freedom of Information requests inbox. This has been treated as a routine enquiry, as we regularly receive such requests about a person's ability to meet the Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK requirement.

If your qualification is on the list of acceptable qualifications published on our website (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-...), you will not need to retake an English test. The expiry dates for those tests do not apply to settlement and citizenship applications. You should send your certificate with the application.

I hope this helps.

Jane Whitehead
Nationality Operational Policy | Operational Policy &
Rules Unit
Immigration & Border Policy | Home Office

Above mentioned link is http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... nstrating/

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:42 pm

Expired IELTS is acceptable for settlement and naturalisation applications.

Other expired B1 level certificates are acceptable for settlement and naturalisation applications.

Life in the UK Test pass obtained on or after 07/01/1654 still remain valid and can still be used for settlement or naturalisation applications.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:35 am

Ayyubi72 wrote:Expired IELTS is acceptable for settlement and naturalisation applications.

Other expired B1 level certificates are acceptable for settlement and naturalisation applications.

Life in the UK Test pass obtained on or after 07/01/1654 still remain valid and can still be used for settlement or naturalisation applications.
LIUK must have been very futuristic back in 1654 considering the UK was not born until another 53 years later.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:30 am

wpilr_nov12 wrote:
LIUK must have been very futuristic back in 1654 considering the UK was not born until another 53 years later.
The test was then called "Life in the England Test".

After the union, they started LiUK test. Then they passed "Recognition of Life in the England Test as LiUK Test and backdating it to the beginning of time ACT"

:lol:

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:36 pm

:idea:

rahim_dad

Post by rahim_dad » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:19 pm

Can you please make this a STICKY if you haven't done it already?
Thanks

puma
Newly Registered

Post by puma » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:58 pm

Dear Ayyubi72

I called the UKBA on 23th Dec and the officer over the phone was explicit making mention that expired IELTS certificates were insufficient to satisfy the English level B1 CEFR requirement and that a new test must be taken.

Could I ask if you could share with me the original message you received from the Home office to add as a back up and support my application, that would really make life easier, not just to save some money but also time re-taking an English exam

Much appreciate your kindly help, my email is andrescolom@googlemail.com

best regards

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:17 pm

You must never ring enquiry numbers of ukba for advice as whatever they say is always wrong and misleading. If you read my first post on the thread, it is a message direct from HO.

puma
Newly Registered

Post by puma » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:46 pm

Understand you are skeptical about calling them up, so do I but this is the only channel I managed to get at least some answers, and actually through asking same questions a few times on numerous occasions, last being on Monday.

Do you mind kindly providing the email contact you reached to get feedback.

I also wrote to UKBA by email and through the post, but they never reply...these below are the contact details I have used.

ADC_UKBANATENQ@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
FurtherNationalityEnquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

UK Border Agency
North West Region Correspondence Team
Department 16
PO Box 306
LIVERPOOL
L2 0QN

Thanks

tnk1205bp
Newly Registered

IELTS EXPIRED

Post by tnk1205bp » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:05 am

puma wrote:...Do you mind kindly providing the email contact you reached to get feedback. I also wrote to UKBA by email and through the post, but they never reply...these below are the contact details I have used...
Thanks
Dear Puma, I have got an answer from Nationality Helpdesk <NationalityHelpdesk@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk>, which stats "...I can confirm that if an applicant is applying for settlement or nationality, they can submit an expired certificate provided it meets the requirements. The expiry dates on the given lists at the link above do not apply to settlement or citizenship applications. If your test is on the given list it will be acceptable. Kind Regards, Tim Farrow | Customer Service Advisor"

I asked them about my expired IELTS.
Hope my post will help you.
All the best

puma
Newly Registered

Post by puma » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:04 pm

dear tnk1205bp
This is indeed of support to my application. I recieved a similar answer today using same email address. Feel more confident I can send my application with my old IELTS certificate now. I rang up 08450105200
and the emmigration officer comforted this position too.

Thank you all very much for your contributions in this forum, below I am posting reply they gave to me.

"Thank you for your enquiry,

I can confirm that if an applicant is applying for settlement or nationality, they can submit an expired IELTS certificate. This applies to all tests which have a limited validity on the English language list..

Please note that as the onus is upon the individual to ensure that he/she satisfies the requirements set out in the guidance material that accompanies each and every application form, the Nationality Group is not able to give, indicate or advise upon the outcome of any such application prior to it being correctly submitted and being given full and careful consideration. Therefore, you are advised to read through the guide prior to submitting a future application.

Kind regards,

Neelam Rafiq | Nationality Helpdesk

Home Office | Temporary Migration | UK Visas and Immigration | Customer Contact Centre | Sheffield | S3 8NS |

Accredited to the Customer Service Excellence standard."

faran.bajwa
Newly Registered

Re: Expired IELTS or Expired B1 Cert Please Read Here ******

Post by faran.bajwa » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:42 pm

Hi there, does anyone know what is acceptable IELTS score for the home office in such applications?

Thanks

Faran

Naqwi
Newly Registered

Post by Naqwi » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:28 am

faran.bajwa wrote:Hi there, does anyone know what is acceptable IELTS score for the home office in such applications?

Thanks

Faran
Faran below mention link help you and page 17 cover IELTS requirement
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -tests.pdf

faran.bajwa
Newly Registered

Post by faran.bajwa » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:50 am

Fantastic. Thanks Naqwi

Regards
Faran

mrashid10249
Mood:

Post by mrashid10249 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:19 pm

hi there

i have a question regarding expired IELTS score card. actually i used IELTS during my entry clearance application in 2007. now i wish to apply for naturalization. unfortunately, i am unable to find out that original score card. in 2011, i got admission in an MSc course at the manchester university and i had to take the test once again and got 7.5 band which i have at the moment. my question is can i attached the new IELTS certificate taken in 2011 with my naturalization application instead of old one? or should it be the exactly the same certificate as i provided with my entry clearance application?

many thanks

trend
Newly Registered

Post by trend » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:22 pm

New one should be sufficient (even if it has expired), unless you graduated with a MSc from Uni of Manchester? In which case you will not need IELTS as the MSc was awarded in the UK

mptj
Newly Registered

Post by mptj » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:47 am

Hi there I got it that I can use my IELTS expired cert for Nauralisation. My spouse did MBA (F/T) from Leeds so does she need to submit MBA degree or do I need to ask a transcript from NARIC.

Kind regards

tathianareis
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by tathianareis » Thu May 01, 2014 12:50 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:Expired IELTS is acceptable for settlement and naturalisation applications.

Hi, did you manage to get the naturalization with a expired IELTS?
I am applying for mine naturalization next month and would like to find out.
Many thanks,
Tathiana

mah

English language requirement Expired IELTS

Post by mah » Sat May 03, 2014 6:00 pm

Dear All,

I am applying for my naturalisation in a couple of months via NCS. I have been HSMP+Tier1 + ILR
Regarding English language: When I applied for HSMP 6 years ago I used my IELTS. Can I still show any IELTS dated back to 2007 or should I do a new test?
Regarding my spouse, she didn't show any IELTS at that time but she has IELTS reports dated back to 2011. Is it sufficient she uses that.
Thanks
Mah