ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Comprehensive Health Insurance EU1

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Vecchio
Newly Registered

Comprehensive Health Insurance EU1

Post by Vecchio » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:27 pm

Hi,

I tried looking for information on this, but was unable to find the answer. My wife is applying through an EU1 form. She's American, I'm Dutch (EU national) and we live in Ireland. We have all the information required from our marriage cert to letters from the tennant board, work etc.

However I'm unsure what is meant with 'comprehensive medical insurance'. Is there a minimum coverage or insurance level that is required? Would any type of insurance do or would we have to upgrade to a specific type of health insurance?

Kind regards

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Re: Comprehensive Health Insurance EU1

Post by jinkazama_11 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:40 pm

Vecchio
Newly Registered

Post by Vecchio » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:15 pm

Thank you, I can see the option for comprehensive there. But looking at other insurance companies, they all have different names for different levels. Is there a specific level of coverage required for the EU1 form as far as anyone knows?

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:47 pm

Vecchio wrote:Thank you, I can see the option for comprehensive there. But looking at other insurance companies, they all have different names for different levels. Is there a specific level of coverage required for the EU1 form as far as anyone knows?
i bought the insurance cover from this website, dont remember the policy name now. but the one with comprehensive option would do.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:23 pm

Laya Healthcare seems a little expensive...75EUR per month.

Of course, I haven't really researched other Irish private healthcare providers.

Are there other options?

webbym
Newly Registered

Post by webbym » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:26 pm

UKBA website says non-UK issued EHIC card would be accepted as proof of Comprehensive Health Insurance
The documents that we accept as proof you have comprehensive sickness insurance are:

European Health Insurance Card (EHIC);
S1;
S2;
S3; or
an original private health insurance policy document.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... ealthcare/

I couldn't find similar information for Ireland but they probably should accept non-Ireland issued EHIC. Though this will only apply to EU citizens exercising treaty rights and not their non-EU dependents but it can still help reduce total cost of health insurance for the entire family.