ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Place of birth in the BRP card

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ilr_appln

Place of birth in the BRP card

Post by ilr_appln » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:59 pm

FYI:
There is a restriction of 16 characters for the place of birth field in the BRP card. In my passport the place of birth was shown as City + State and i entered the same in the application form. In the BRP card the State name is shown partially. So i had to send it for correction.

When you enter the place of birth please avoid district/ state if it goes beyond 16 characters(including spaces).

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:27 pm

I don't think it particularly matters if it is concatenated.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

technoguy

Post by technoguy » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:55 pm

Hello, I have a similar problem and my state name MP is only appearing as M in BRP card. I counted the words and they are 16 so last 17th character might have been left out. I just wrote city of birth as it is on my passport. Now what do you suggest. I have sent an email to BRP Error but waiting for a response since two days. How long does the correction took for you? Also the new card which you got had old issue date or a new issue date?

ilr_appln

Post by ilr_appln » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:04 pm

technoguy,
I checked with the BRP Error team, they asked me to send the Passport, BRP card and a covering letter explaining the problem. They said they will amend the place of birth to show only the City/Town.
I will be sending it tomorrow.

technoguy

Post by technoguy » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:22 pm

ilr_appln wrote:technoguy,
I checked with the BRP Error team, they asked me to send the Passport, BRP card and a covering letter explaining the problem. They said they will amend the place of birth to show only the City/Town.
I will be sending it tomorrow.
Yeah same here. I also got the same reply today and will be sending tomorrow.

technoguy

Post by technoguy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:36 pm

Hey ilr_appln, did you heared anything back from BRPError? My passport and BRP was delivered in the morning last Wednesday but wondering what will happen next.

lcpjason
Newly Registered

Re: Place of birth in the BRP card

Post by lcpjason » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:23 pm

Can you tell me what happened to your case eventually?
How long does they take to replace the BRP?

Your reply is greatly appreciated.