ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mjtan90
Newly Registered

BRP

Post by mjtan90 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:17 pm

I've applied on the 26th of July 2013 at Liverpool PEO using the premium service. Approval letter said that I should receive my BRP within 7 working days and as of today it is the 10th working day and I have yet to receive my card.
I've called DX couriers and they told me that they do not have any delivery pending for my name and address.
I've also sent an email to BRPdelivery@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and they've came back to me with the following reply:

Thank you for your enquiry.

Your case is still awaiting further action from your case worker and you will be notified in due course. In the meantime, we are unable to assist you any further in this matter.

Please do not reply to this e-mail.

Thank you

BRP Delivery Team

As of now I am at a lost about what I should do other than wait. I can't afford to wait too long because my tenancy of my current flat ends on the 31st of August and I am suppose to move to my new address sometime this month. I am also starting work at the start of next month.
Has anyone been in this problem? Is there any number I can call?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:33 am

It was only 10 working days on Friday it'll more than likely be delivered next week.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

mjtan90
Newly Registered

Post by mjtan90 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:04 am

I hope you are right. My friend who applied under the same tier received his within 3 days.

vinny

Re: BRP Name Error?

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:52 am

mjtan90 wrote:Hi, I just received my brp today and I think there might be a mistake with the arrangement of my name (spelling is fine though)

On my passport, it shows:

Name: Tang Meng Jiao

My passport doesn't give my name in the form of Last Name and First Name. If it were to use the Last Name and First Name format, my Last name is Tang and First Name is Meng Jiao. I have no idea why my country's system arranges the name as such but everyone in my country gets that name arrangement in their passport.

On my BRP, it shows as:
Jiao
Tang Meng

Is this arrangement right? Currently, it is identical to my passport though it gets the last name and first name arrangement wrong.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:52 am

Email BRPError@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and ask them (within ten working days).
Biometric residence permits wrote:What must you do when you receive your biometric residence permit?

When you receive your permit, we advise you to make a photocopy of the front and back of it, in case it is lost or stolen. If you want to make another application in the future, you will need to send your permit to the UK Border Agency, so you may want to retain a copy for your records.

You must check your permit carefully when you receive it, to ensure that all the details on it are correct. If you find a mistake, you must email BRPError@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk within 10 working days of the date when you received the permit, otherwise you may be charged for a replacement and will need to apply for a replacement permit. In your email you should state:

your full name;
your date of birth;
your nationality;
your passport number;
your biometric residence permit reference number;
your case reference number;
a contact telephone number; and
what exactly is wrong with the permit.
If you do not provide all this information, there may be a delay in answering your query.

You can also send this information by post to:

Freepost RRYX-GLYU-GXHZ,
Returns Unit,
PO Box 163,
Bristol
BS20 1AB
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

lcpjason
Newly Registered

Re: BRP

Post by lcpjason » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:46 pm

Can you tell me what happened to your case eventually?
How long does they take to replace the BRP?
I had the same issue as yours and I'm travelling in few weeks time.

Your reply is greatly appreciated.by lcpjason