ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English requirement for BC for both me and depedent

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

guri_78

English requirement for BC for both me and depedent

Post by guri_78 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:34 pm

Hi Guys,

I can see quite a few topics on new English requirement issue for BC. Here is my case. Can you guys please help me and put some light on this.

Got HSMP in March 2008 and got Tier1 extension and then ILR on 8th Feb 2012. Now I will b eligible for BC after 12th Feb 2014. My wife is on dependent visa on me.

I did B.E in Computer Science from very renowned uni in India. I have my original degree as well as letter saying that medium of instruction was English. I used this letter with my first HSMP application also. Its 6-7 years old letter.

My wife is B.Sc in Fashion Design from AnnaMalai Uni from India (NIFT campus). She also has her original degree and letter from uni stating that her degree is taught in English.

My question is

1. Do we BOTH need English Assessment letter from NARIC for our degrees?

2. I can see on many posts that if degree is on PBS and PBS gives you 30 points and then 10 points for English then take the print out and attach it with application. I can see mine and my wife's degrees on PBS but I dont know how exactly should I fill the PBS to take the print. I assume that people are talking about http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator

Do I need to fill the full PBS to take the print?

Any help will be highly appreciable and many thanks in advance.

Cheers
GS

guri_78

Re: English requirement for BC for both me and depedent

Post by guri_78 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:50 pm

Any help please??

trend
Newly Registered

Post by trend » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:32 pm

Pls see this link on HO website:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... nstrating/

Specifically the paragraph:

"UK NARIC regularly update the online points based calculator with information about various degrees. If you obtained a degree overseas and were awarded ten points for English language skill, you can submit evidence from the online points calculator, together with your original degree certificate, to demonstrate that you can satisfy the English language element of the Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK (KOLL) requirement. "

As long as you send a print out of the PBS points calculator showing you are awarded 10 points for your degree, you do not need a NARIC cert.

guri_78

Post by guri_78 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:54 am

Thanks for the reply.

How to take print out of PBS Which part of PBS should I take print of? Also how to fill the PBS for other info than education, like you have to fill what visa you are applying, salaries etc before it comes to degree/english part?

Cheers

maximux79

Post by maximux79 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:09 pm

As per the following link from UKBA website (under more information section), it seems that a letter from University should be enough to prove english skills.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... nstrating/

* A letter confirming success in the life in the UK Test, stamped and signed by the Test Supervisor; and either
A certificate showing that you have a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1CEFR or higher, or an equivalent level qualification; or

If you have a degree taught in English:
*A printout from the points-based calculator confirming the equivalent level of your degree and the level of English; or
*If your degree is not on the points-based calculator, an original letter and/or certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of the qualification, and an original letter from the university or awarding institution on official headed paper confirming your name, the title of the degree, and showing the qualification was taught in English; or
* ***A certificate from the university or awarding institution on official headed paper confirming that the qualification was taught or researched in a majority English speaking country (other than Canada); or
guri_78 wrote:Thanks for the reply.

How to take print out of PBS Which part of PBS should I take print of? Also how to fill the PBS for other info than education, like you have to fill what visa you are applying, salaries etc before it comes to degree/english part?

Cheers

guri_78

Post by guri_78 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:20 pm

Thanks Max for the reply.

My confusion is how and which part of PBS should I take the print out. Because Along with education, you fill lots of other information in PBS like, is it extension of visa, what kind of apply, salaries etc.

Because I am applying for BC, not for visa then should I fill in random info and only concentrate on Education part?

maximux79

Post by maximux79 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:09 pm

Its doesn't harm to fill all the details. Also, I think you should produce a letter from university along with PBS printouts as a proof. Because, PBS points calculator is just what you fill it up and you should submit your original degree certificate (along with letter from university for medium of language for that course).

trend
Newly Registered

Post by trend » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:13 pm

My advice would be the same as that given by maximux79, take a print out of the PBS calc specific to the 10 points for education and submit the degree cert and transcripts (if you have the transcript).

guri_78

Post by guri_78 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:01 pm

Will the print out of only that page where PBS gives you 10 points??? I dont think I need to fill the complete PBS...right?

guri_78

Post by guri_78 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:07 pm

Guys, can you pls tell me what would be best ans for 1.22 for English knowledge if I submit PBS print out along with original degree. I just typed the first few words of each line....

1. Speaking and listening in English B1 CEFR...
2. I have obtained an academic....
i) UK NARIC
ii) the qualification....
3. I am a national of Majority.....
4. I met the knowledge of language and life.....
5. I wish to claim......