ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language for BC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

srreddy

English Language for BC

Post by srreddy » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:40 pm

Hi

My apologies if this is a similar question raised before. I could not find it.

My ILR date of issue is 21-JAN-2013 Now I would like to apply for my BC by 31-JAN-2014

Regd "Evidence of knowledge of Language and Life in the UK required of all settlement and naturalisation applicants"
I have my life in UK pass certificate and my original master's degree certificate. I have done my Master's degree in India.

In this case would I need to get certificate from UK NARIC or I can still go with my original master degree certificate. I have used the same certificate for my Tier 1 & ILR application.

Please could you shed some light on this ?

Many Thanks.

Best Regards
Reddy

srreddy

Re: English Language for BC

Post by srreddy » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:04 pm

srreddy wrote:Hi

My apologies if this is a similar question raised before. I could not find it.

My ILR date of issue is 21-JAN-2013 Now I would like to apply for my BC by 31-JAN-2014

Regd "Evidence of knowledge of Language and Life in the UK required of all settlement and naturalisation applicants"
I have my life in UK pass certificate and my original master's degree certificate. I have done my Master's degree in India.

In this case would I need to get certificate from UK NARIC or I can still go with my original master degree certificate. I have used the same certificate for my Tier 1 & ILR application.

Please could you shed some light on this ?

Many Thanks.

Best Regards
Reddy
Could anybody help to clarify this query please ?

trend
Newly Registered

Post by trend » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:36 pm

Fill in the PBS points based calculator here:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator

If it awards you 10 points, then you do not need a NARIC cert to prove your qualification meets the English level requirements. Just print the results of the PBS calculation and attach with your original Degree cert and result transcript

Further info on this HO link:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... nstrating/

gopikrishnag
Newly Registered

Post by gopikrishnag » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:10 pm

Hi

i am having one more doubt,
in the Guide form,
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ide_an.pdf

page no : 15 ,

Certificate showing that you have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK
NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in
the United Kingdom and (i) an English Language Assessment (ELA) from UK NARIC
confirming that the qualification was taught or researched in English or (ii) the
qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking
country (other than Canada);

in the website says, no need UK NARIC certificate , but the guideline confused me, please clarify this?

thanks
Gopi

Just Wondering

Post by Just Wondering » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:02 pm

Get ready to be confused even more because UK NARIC won't issue an ELA for Master's degrees. http://ecctis.co.uk/naric/individuals/C ... sment.aspx

If your degree was taught in English and is recognized as awarding points under the PBS calculator then you may wish to follow trend's advice. Others have been successful in doing so but it's up to the discretion of the case worker to accept it as evidence of satisfaction of the English language requirement.