ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do you think the decision for EU-1 will be in our favour ?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

What will be the Decision of the Eu-1 case ?

Yes the Decision will be in favour of EU-1
48%
No way . You guys will be kicked out. Remember Irish Hospitality has limits :(
26%
I have no Idea
26%

Total votes: 23

runie80
Member of Standing

Do you think the decision for EU-1 will be in our favour ?

Post by runie80 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:27 pm

Hi Guys

Just wana check what the general mood of the Public is :)

what do you guys think ?

based on the information you have

are we winning the case or are we loosing it ?

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:30 pm

I started with a positive note as i am 100% optimistic we will have decision in our favour

If not it will be the biggest bluff of my life time !

dsab85

Post by dsab85 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:16 pm

Yes, I think so.

But knowing that this is Ireland the question is more if the Justice Department will appeal the decission and go to the supreme court, and if not, how long will it take them to implement the changes.

I honestly don't believe that it will be a straight forward process afterwards. They will wait for the written decission, which will be reviewed by the legal team of the Justice Department, then some team of dickheads will decide if they implement the decission. If they do, it might take weeks before the Info filters through to the Team who does work on our applications. And then it will take another few weeks for them to review previous cases.

I believe it will at least take another 3 months after the decission for them to send out the approval notifications.

Anyway, we have a backup plan. My wife recently got the UK EEA Family Permit and our lease in Dublin has been terminated. If the decission doesn't go our way or if the implementation takes too long we are off to Northern Ireland straight away.

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:06 pm

Excellent man dsab85

May be i will go down that route too

Please see your PM

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:50 am

Bump!

More votes required

as its comming close now

BigAppleWoodenShoe

Post by BigAppleWoodenShoe » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:40 pm

I've actually only been waiting 5 months as of now for my residence card. It's been processed and is in the computer at DOJ, but a decision is still pending. I am scared of how long this is going to take. Just what was said before, just because a court ruling is made, doesn't mean change is immediate. How many months will I have to wait before all the legal matters are taken care of? Although I have a PPS, I can't even get a part-time job at the university because I don't have a residence card/working papers. Unfortunately for me, there are no openings in my field (epidemiology) in Cork (but don't even get me started on the public health infrastructure of Ireland). I know everyone is positve about the case outcome, but why would the DOJ go through the trouble of changing their forms if they thought non-EUs (without prior member state residence) would be permitted to stay? I am currently interviewing with the CDC in the USA, and I am scared to turn them down just in case I get denied. But my husband and I really don't feel like moving again...we just came from the States!!!
Dutch husband, American wife, applied for a residence card, after 7 months got a Stamp 4 visa for two years. :)

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:03 pm

So on the the Poll Hangs in Balance !!!!!

:? :? :? :? :? :? thats worrying !!!

BigAppleWoodenShoe

Post by BigAppleWoodenShoe » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:42 pm

Dealing with Irish bueauracracy has made us pessimistic...

:)
Dutch husband, American wife, applied for a residence card, after 7 months got a Stamp 4 visa for two years. :)

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:50 pm

Cmon guys !!!!
someone help here and put the balance in our favour !!!!

Atleast i wana stay optimistic

SanMex

Post by SanMex » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:20 pm

I want to stay optimistic too but I cant stop being very sad. I hope the best for all of us cause other wise we will have to start all over again :( Best wishes to us

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:22 pm

U have a PM SanMex

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:27 am

bump !

SanMex

Post by SanMex » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:05 am

Hi runie sorry but I cant seem to remember whether I answer your Pm or not.

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:07 am

SanMex wrote:Hi runie sorry but I cant seem to remember whether I answer your Pm or not.
I do remember :) u didnt boss !

Its ok if u dont want to you dont have to :lol:
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

SanMex

Post by SanMex » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:45 am

Upsy daisy sorry I answer now...so you have PM.. :lol: sorry for the delay

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:11 pm

Hi Guys

So i applied for UK visa through British Embassy <Home Office :lol:>

and believe it or not 48 Hours and I have been given 6 Months resident visa.Which i can apply for extension for once we arrive in UK

I also recieved a call from the embassy asking me when i intend to travel.
The gentleman was extreemely helpful and told me to check

http://www.i-uk.com/ incase i need any assistance regarding job or accomodation and was told that once i will be there i need to apply for National Insurance Number and i am free to seek employment upon landing there Also i was told if i intend staying longterm there i caould apply for 5 year resident visa.

In the end i was told to have a pleasent stay in UK

And about Irish System and Immigration I dont need any words this website speaks volumes.

Finally i feel relaxed but a bit dissapointed I have always been loyal to Ireland and have never been involved in any wrong doing what so ever.

Always paid my taxes,bills and have dont volunetry work. Blood donor and always been as benificial as i can but i think this dosent counts ! :cry:

I hope any sensible person can understand my situation. 6 years of my life i spent here.Even got a dublin accent now i have to say :)
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

microlab

Post by microlab » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:52 pm

I have been given 6 Months resident visa
You mean Family Permit :wink:

BigAppleWoodenShoe

Post by BigAppleWoodenShoe » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:57 am

Good bye, Runie!!! I wish you the best of luck in England! You have really been helpful to me on this site, and I am sorry the conditions under which you are forced to leave. I must admit, I may be leaving by the end of the summer (if you can even call it that!). I am just shocked and appalled that someone who has lived and worked here as long as you have must leave the country. C'est la vie...

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:07 am

Kindly please get your self a copy of metro today and please read mail metro on page 17

Nothing to do with EU-1 but its a virtual slap on Minister of Justice

Somone has finally written it out !
Can anyone put the text here ?

I can do it and will do it in evening :lol:
Last edited by runie80 on Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

brownbonno
Netherlands

Post by brownbonno » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:07 am

BigAppleWoodenShoe wrote:Good bye, Runie!!! I wish you the best of luck in England! You have really been helpful to me on this site, and I am sorry the conditions under which you are forced to leave. I must admit, I may be leaving by the end of the summer (if you can even call it that!). I am just shocked and appalled that someone who has lived and worked here as long as you have must leave the country. C'est la vie...
I am sure he is a smart,articulate and proactive guy.
Kudos.
Knowledge is Power

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:57 pm

BIG Thanks Brownbono,BigAppleWoodenShoe for your compliments.
I am just an ordinary person nothing special.

I must say that you guys have helped me on every ocasion especially i would like to thank Brownbono for his efforts I am sure anyone who has read his posts will agree with me on it.

I am going to be in Ireland for next 4 months i guess as i apply jobs in uk and finish my current lease here.

I would like to ask if anyone knows. Am I or my wife is entitled to any tax refund as i am leaving the state and i have paid taxes here and have not claimed any benifits here.

As a non Eu citizen leaving the state i believe i am entitled to my whole tax refund. Is this correct

Just wanted some general info before i pursue this

BigAppleWoodenShoe

Post by BigAppleWoodenShoe » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:40 pm

That depends, you can only get your PRSI back if you haven't paid into it completely (that takes 4 years or something), about the rest, I don't think that will work, if you have filed your income tax every year, than you know what to do, you're not going to get the whole thing back in a lump sum. You have worked for a year in Ireland, you have paid tax for a year. That's it.

Birdy

Post by Birdy » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:57 pm

He most certainly is,

My wife received her spouse visa from the UK embassy in under four days it took this long as some documents needed verifying and notarising, so here we wre in the UK all the best to the Rest.

Dan Bird "Birdy"
Happy now in the U.K. not so happy about the Rugby

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:22 am

Birdy,

I just wanted to say I'm glad your wife is back and best of luck to you both!

brownbonno
Netherlands

Post by brownbonno » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:15 am

runie80,

Your case is a lesson to the Irish government,athough they have no right to keep people stranded.Yet you can also make your own decision to run away from a society that is only interested in what they can get from you and not on your welfare.
If expats are taking such a U turn decision,in the next five years the economy will go burst.
We must not forget that Ireland as a nation has benefited so much from EU fundings.
The DoJ is a Law breaker.
Knowledge is Power