ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Engliash Language Requirement for Self and Dependent

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

majic

Engliash Language Requirement for Self and Dependent

Post by majic » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:01 pm

Hello All,

I know that this question has been asked by many in different threads but because its such a new subject I wanted feedback from those who have gone through or are going through the process.

I got ILR as HSMP (2 Years) + Tier 1 General (3 Years).

1 . I have a Bachelor Degree from Australian University which UK NARIC & UKBA Point Calculator recognizes as equal to British Bachelors Degree. I also have a letter from the university stating the that Degree was Taught in English. This letter was actually provided to UKBA in the initial Application.

Question 1: Is the above enough to satisfy the requirement

2. I gave IELTS (ACADEMIC) in 1999 where I had over 7 Bands Overall with 6 BANDS and over in each discipline. Obviously this is over 2 years old and hence as expired.

Question 2: Is the above enough to satisfy the requirement

My spouse will need to give a English language Test. She is well versed in all forms of English language and communication.

Question 3: Which is the most appropriate test for her. Should she give IELTS and if yes does she need to give IELTS General or IELTS Academic?

I will be grateful for your help in this regard.

Thanks

majic

Re: Engliash Language Requirement for Self and Dependent

Post by majic » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:18 am

Hi All,

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks