ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 2 dependent to Tier 4 inside UK

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kmadhu699
Newly Registered

Post by kmadhu699 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:18 pm

Hi,

I am on tier 2(General) visa and my wife recently came to UK as my dependent. My wife want to do Masters in the UK, Can my wife switch to tier 4 visa and myself switch to her dependent from inside UK.

Could you please explain the right procedure to Switch my wife to Tier 4 and myself to her dependent.

Many Thanks

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:30 pm

Can you switch into the Tier 4 (General) student category?
You can switch into Tier 4 (General) without leaving the UK if you have, or were last given, permission to stay in one of the following categories:

Tier 1 (Post-study work)
Tier 2 (General)
Tier 2 (Intra company transfer)
Tier 2 (Minister of religion)
Tier 4 (Child)
prospective student
student (under the rules in place before 31 March 2009)
student re-sitting an examination
student nurse
students writing up a thesis
student union sabbatical officer
work permit holder
postgraduate doctor or dentist
Science and Engineering Graduates Scheme
International Graduates Scheme
Fresh Talent: Working in Scotland Scheme
If you are currently in the UK in any other immigration category, you must leave the UK and apply for a Tier 4 (General) visa from your country of residence.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

haji
Newly Registered

Post by haji » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:21 pm

Hi
My first question is...
I am on Tier 2 visa and my wife wants to do her Masters degree. It means that my wife is Tier 2 dependent. Does she is allowed to switch into Tier 4 (as main applicant), and I will become her dependent.

My second question is...
I have done MSc Computer Science (level 7) and then got admission in PhD Computer Science (level 8 as Tier 4). But later I withdraw from PhD and got Tier 2 visa. Now I am on Tier 2 visa. Would it be possible that without leaving the UK I can switch into Tier 4 to do my ACCA studies. ACCA course is below level 8. Thanks in advance for your help.

ahmed_niaz
Newly Registered

Re: Switching from Tier 2 dependent to Tier 4 inside UK

Post by ahmed_niaz » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:07 pm

haji wrote:Hi
My first question is...
I am on Tier 2 visa and my wife wants to do her Masters degree. It means that my wife is Tier 2 dependent. Does she is allowed to switch into Tier 4 (as main applicant), and I will become her dependent.

My second question is...
I have done MSc Computer Science (level 7) and then got admission in PhD Computer Science (level 8 as Tier 4). But later I withdraw from PhD and got Tier 2 visa. Now I am on Tier 2 visa. Would it be possible that without leaving the UK I can switch into Tier 4 to do my ACCA studies. ACCA course is below level 8. Thanks in advance for your help.
You can study on tier 2 visa. i mean you will lose your job like this.

sancha

Re: Switching from Tier 2 dependent to Tier 4 inside UK

Post by sancha » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:27 pm

Switching from Tier-2 to Tier-4 within UK is allowed. At what point of time you have withdrawn your PhD ? Is it after completing 12 month from the start date of PhD?